PDA

View Full Version : Sept 2007 PPC best ever

burnsinternet
2nd October 2007, 02:58 AM
Another record breaking PPC month. Surprisingly, Japanese moved into 3rd place for me and jumped over French, Spanish, and Polish. Russian and Swedish are, as always, my top earners. This does not include data from 1000 Swedish .se domains, in case anyone wonders. That PPC is good, too, but I am trying to keep them separate until I know what to keep.

Japanese traffic was crazy this month compared to the very low numbers in the past (almost all traffic was to adult domains). I hope this trend continues.

These are just my numbers. This is not a scientific study. :)

Fka200
2nd October 2007, 03:01 AM
PPC was great this month. I am 100% certain my record will be broken next month. I've been developing a system of what goes where and what domain should be developed for the last 3 months and it seems to be paying off right now. Today was kind of weird, but overall still very good (still a LOT of room for growth in terms on money being made--I am way behind in ROI... I am not expecting to at least break even for another 1-2 years).

Moving forward, fellas!

mgrohan
2nd October 2007, 03:54 AM
Interesting to hear about swedish ppc, never knew that before.

What about Chinese domains, any results on these. Anyone else been able to find a PPC provider who can provide relevant ads yet?

Fka200
2nd October 2007, 04:07 AM
Interesting to hear about swedish ppc, never knew that before.

What about Chinese domains, any results on these. Anyone else been able to find a PPC provider who can provide relevant ads yet?

Isn't there NameRich.com?

burnsinternet
2nd October 2007, 04:11 AM
My Chinese traffic is terrible unless I develop. That was the only way to get Chinese traffic. It is still bad, but not as bad.

Some of you have good Chinese domains. Mine suck. Does anyone get good Chinese PPC?

Drewbert
2nd October 2007, 04:15 AM
Chinese PPC sucks. Scandinavian PPC rocks.

burnsinternet
2nd October 2007, 04:37 AM
And Cyrillic. Russian PPC is incredible!

Rubber Duck
2nd October 2007, 05:12 AM
PPC was great this month. I am 100% certain my record will be broken next month. I've been developing a system of what goes where and what domain should be developed for the last 3 months and it seems to be paying off right now. Today was kind of weird, but overall still very good (still a LOT of room for growth in terms on money being made--I am way behind in ROI... I am not expecting to at least break even for another 1-2 years).

Moving forward, fellas!

That is because you are expecting linear development. If that is your presumption then basically you are assuming IDN is never going to happen. It would take thousands of years at the current rate of progress to make much impact. What I am expecting is a sea change. A massive acceleration in PPC.

Fka200
2nd October 2007, 05:20 AM
That is because you are expecting linear development. If that is your presumption then basically you are assuming IDN is never going to happen. It would take thousands of years at the current rate of progress to make much impact. What I am expecting is a sea change. A massive acceleration in PPC.

I'm expecting a huge rush @ PPC eventually... just out of the blue. I have faith in the IDNs 100%. A more realistic time frame @ stability and a clear view of exactly what's going on with my investment, 1-2 years. All is going very well so far + growth since last year is absolutely amazing.

burnsinternet
2nd October 2007, 05:28 AM
I think FKA is young enough to see the benefits of linear growth! :p

I am twice his age, but linear growth would be fine for me if these monthly trends continue. However, we all know now that traffic is seasonal and depends on the language group's geography, cultures, and calendars/holidays.

I only foresee an explosion if AU (IE7 Auto Update) happens worldwide (all at once) accompanied by an IDN marketing blitz. Not bloody likely! So, as most of us forecast long ago, we will see relatively steady traffic increases following a curve similar to the adoption of IE7 and internet access in the target markets. The higher the adoption of IDN capable browsers, the faster we get traffic. This has been the case all along.

As a side note, Spanish is the only IDN language I have with a negative trend over the past year. Yes, it was doing well but has steadily gone south every month to nearly zero revenue last month. How wierd is that??

zenmarketing
2nd October 2007, 05:42 AM
Namerich and Dopa are both pure garbage.

It seems there isn't a single decent provider for Chinese traffic.

One day there will be.

touchring
2nd October 2007, 09:34 AM
Namerich and Dopa are both pure garbage.

It seems there isn't a single decent provider for Chinese traffic.

One day there will be.

Baidu is too smart for namerich and dopa, they don't get indexed, so you won't get SERP traffic like ND does for yahoo and google to some extent. In terms of payout, Dopa is actually quite ok, as compared to say adsense. To get SERP traffic for chinese names, you must create a minisite.

As a side note, Spanish is the only IDN language I have with a negative trend over the past year. Yes, it was doing well but has steadily gone south every month to nearly zero revenue last month. How wierd is that??

Zero sounds quite impossible unless your traffic came from just a couple of domains and SERP dependent. Try comparing versus last year, e.g. Sept 2007 versus Sept 2006.

mgrohan
2nd October 2007, 11:54 AM
Has anyone had success with PPC on a Chinese minisite?
Google adsense ads are never relevant to content. Haven't had the time to trial any others though. Anyone tried any other Chinese PPC (i.e. Baidu, Yahoo etc)

Baidu is too smart for namerich and dopa, they don't get indexed, so you won't get SERP traffic like ND does for yahoo and google to some extent. In terms of payout, Dopa is actually quite ok, as compared to say adsense. To get SERP traffic for chinese names, you must create a minisite.

touchring
2nd October 2007, 12:42 PM
Has anyone had success with PPC on a Chinese minisite?
Google adsense ads are never relevant to content. Haven't had the time to trial any others though. Anyone tried any other Chinese PPC (i.e. Baidu, Yahoo etc)

You can have hundreds of hits and earn only $0.50. About sufficient to renew a .com, at least.

That's why i said dopa isn't that bad.

burnsinternet
2nd October 2007, 02:06 PM
Zero sounds quite impossible unless your traffic came from just a couple of domains and SERP dependent. Try comparing versus last year, e.g. Sept 2007 versus Sept 2006.

Yes, you caught me! I am trying to manipulate the short-term Spanish IDN market! All those millions of dollars flowing into it just before IDN.es!

WTF, Touch? It was just a comment.

Even Sept 2006 was many times higher revenue than Sept 2007 and I had ten times as many Spanish IDNs in Sept 2007 (xxx) as I did in Sept 2006 (xx). The trend has been downward, sharply, since April. Only Thai, Korean, and Georgian were worse earners last month.

touchring
2nd October 2007, 02:33 PM
You may need to drill down to the individual domains level.

If you have access to analytics, you can filter your chart to "direct traffic" only.

Has anyone done this before? My stats for direct traffic for the last 3 months is actually quite inconclusive.

burnsinternet
2nd October 2007, 02:38 PM
Of course, as soon as I mentioned the strange Spanish stats, I just about hit Sept 2007 revenue for Spanish already in October. Domain parking is a funny thing.

burnsinternet
5th October 2007, 09:32 PM
By the way, if the October stats stay steady... OMG! :o

October is starting out with a BANG! Hebrew and Arabic are now moving along, too. Is this due to recent press articles or did something else happen recently? Almost everything is up, including my Spanish IDNs and developed sites.

I hope this continues!