PDA

View Full Version : Greek IDN makes the DNJ scorecard!

Rubber Duck
3rd October 2007, 01:22 PM
xn--qxaidbq0g.com (IDN) $2,693

λεξικό.com Dictionary?

yanni
3rd October 2007, 02:40 PM
λεξικό.com Dictionary?

Yup,

That f*cker woudln't stop.

touchring
3rd October 2007, 02:50 PM
Yup,

That f*cker woudln't stop.

tt taiwan guy? he seems quite aggressive. he must know something that frank doesn't?

Rubber Duck
3rd October 2007, 03:19 PM
tt taiwan guy? he seems quite aggressive. he must know something that frank doesn't?

Frank is working on extremely low overheads.

No permanent staff.

That means he really hasn't got the resources to do what he is doing now and IDN as well.

Bottom line is he does not need to do IDN and is not greatly interested. There may be a dozen or so players that can afford to be that nonchalent about the opportunities presented. Others will deeply regret not making more of the opportunity.

tee1
3rd October 2007, 03:26 PM
xn--qxaidbq0g.com (IDN) $2,693

λεξικό.com Dictionary?

This IDN thing might actually catch on,
and someday greek .nets might get some love as well. :)

tee1

mulligan
3rd October 2007, 03:29 PM
This IDN thing might actually catch on,
and someday greek .nets might get some love as well. :)

tee1
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2193/highressmileyrightyj5.jpg

tee1
3rd October 2007, 03:47 PM
Is this the plural for dictionaries, how would you rank this compared to singular if the translation is correct. the google results for the plural seem to be about half that of the singular?

λεξικά.com

edit "whooooo" thats a big smiley face. thats a better than sex smiley

tee1

markits
3rd October 2007, 03:56 PM
Not bad.

mulligan,
Do you own dynadot.com? Otherwise why your nice signature domains all point to that?

mulligan
3rd October 2007, 04:00 PM
mulligan,
Do you own dynadot.com? Otherwise why your nice signature domains all point to that?
I haven't parked them so Dynadot are redirecting them ... damn .. must point them at something else

yanni
3rd October 2007, 04:46 PM
Is this the plural for dictionaries, how would you rank this compared to singular if the translation is correct. the google results for the plural seem to be about half that of the singular?

λεξικά.com

edit "whooooo" thats a big smiley face. thats a better than sex smiley

tee1

Someone looking for an online dict, or even to buy a dictionary is going to use the singular in most cases. The plural ain't that bad but I put my money on the singular term :)

Yea, that dude.

Des he know something?

In this particular case, I don't think he was prepared to go that high. Judging form the way he bid, me thinks he probably got pissed, just as I did, and ended up paying a premium for this one - for today's market, that is.

touchring
3rd October 2007, 05:04 PM
Yea, that dude.

Des he know something?

don't know, but he uses something like a shotgun approach. :o

bwhhisc
3rd October 2007, 11:53 PM
In a couple of years he will sell it for 10x to 50x what he paid, maybe more.

burnsinternet
3rd October 2007, 11:55 PM
Sig changed back to Greek IDNs in celebration! Even though it is x,xxx I am happy to see a Greek IDN make a sale like that in Fall 2007.

tee1
4th October 2007, 02:24 AM
thanks yanni,
I agree, I thought about down the road a site with different types of dictionaries for for example like book/software(hand held devices)/online dictionaries ect although it would help to have a few affiliates available.

Burns I agree it is very nice that a greek idn made the chart.

tee1

Someone looking for an online dict, or even to buy a dictionary is going to use the singular in most cases. The plural ain't that bad but I put my money on the singular term :)

xxbossmanxx
4th October 2007, 02:55 AM
IDN isnt going anywhere very fast. I put a couple nice Greek idns up after this post. No takers still at $20 Still living off ascii cash but of course I no longer hold the best of the names :mad:

sunsei21
4th October 2007, 03:20 AM
Burns I agree it is very nice that a greek idn made the chart.

tee1

This is horrible i was ready to drop a majority of my greek names :confused:

tee1
4th October 2007, 04:33 AM
This is horrible i was ready to drop a majority of my greek names :confused:
hehe, I got a few I need to renew as well.

IDNer
4th October 2007, 05:03 AM
Sig changed back to Greek IDNs in celebration! Even though it is x,xxx I am happy to see a Greek IDN make a sale like that in Fall 2007.

I feel happy too.

Rubber Duck
4th October 2007, 05:10 AM
IDN isnt going anywhere very fast. I put a couple nice Greek idns up after this post. No takers still at $20 Still living off ascii cash but of course I no longer hold the best of the names :mad:

No and they are not going to while Twomney is running around saying they don't exist and people are still throwing their messages into the Ocean in IE6 bottles.

alexd
4th October 2007, 12:34 PM
Very nice sale.

Glad to see Greek IDNs getting some recognition at last.

Sorry to hear that you were outbid on that one Yianni - it is a pretty nice name to have.

Alex

yanni
4th October 2007, 02:23 PM
In a couple of years he will sell it for 10x to 50x what he paid, maybe more.

Don't I know that :) But what the heck; you can't have everything...

burnsinternet
5th October 2007, 05:14 PM
I think Yanni has plenty already. :p

However, this is conclusive proof that all our Greek IDNs do not belong to Yanni.

xxbossmanxx
5th October 2007, 09:05 PM
Alex, Still #1 with Πόκερ.com , nice! Are you getting party poker sign ups?

yanni
6th October 2007, 06:15 PM
I think Yanni has plenty already. :p

However, this is conclusive proof that all our Greek IDNs do not belong to Yanni.

That's why I changed my sig sometime ago...