PDA

View Full Version : Remember to renew your names, especially those you bought.

touchring
3rd October 2007, 07:04 PM
I saw on the chinese forum, they were discussing a $2000 name sold on this forum expired. I thought everyone should make it a habit to consolidate and check their names.

Fka200
3rd October 2007, 07:28 PM
I'm actually having problems keeping up. Renewal time is now, but the CC is maxed out!

xxbossmanxx
3rd October 2007, 07:30 PM
Somebody paid 2k for a name here and let it drop? Man they either have too many names or too much money! :)

jacksonm
3rd October 2007, 07:40 PM
Somebody paid 2k for a name here and let it drop? Man they either have too many names or too much money! :)

Sounds like shanghai real estate dot com to me, but i'm not sure.

I'm actually having problems keeping up. Renewal time is now, but the CC is maxed out!

I can help you out :-)

IDNer
4th October 2007, 12:02 AM
I saw on the chinese forum, they were discussing a $2000 name sold on this forum expired. I thought everyone should make it a habit to consolidate and check their names.

~ 澳门房产.com ~

Ref: http://idnclub.com/showthread.php?t=5227

Asiaplay
4th October 2007, 04:17 AM
Or check the market dynamics and size for the business area an IDN covers before 2K is spent on it perhaps.
Guessing this is not an accidental drop ;)

But good point Touchring - if someone means to keep, it is a pity forgetting to renew is the reason an IDN is lost.

Cheers - Asiaplay

Rubber Duck
4th October 2007, 04:24 AM
So no money in Shanghai Real Estate then?

Or check the market dynamics and size for the business area an IDN covers before 2K is spent on it perhaps.

But good point Touchring - if someone means to keep, it is a pity forgetting to renew is the reason an IDN is lost.

Cheers - Asiaplay

touchring
4th October 2007, 04:51 AM

Cheers - Asiaplay

If you spent $2000 to buy, will you not renew for $6.99?

Rubber Duck
4th October 2007, 04:54 AM
If you spent $2000 to buy, will you not renew for $6.99?

He was probably forgetting they are not $38 a throw. :p

mgrohan
4th October 2007, 04:56 AM
So no money in Shanghai Real Estate then?

Macau Real Estate, a much smaller market.

But still find it hard to believe it was dropped on purpose. Why not resell it on this forum, (where it had already sold for $2000), and there was another willing buyer, wanting to buy it for $2000.

Pity for the ex-holder of this domain.

Rubber Duck
4th October 2007, 05:05 AM
Well there is a lot of doom and gloom. Perhaps he was genuinely convinced they were worthless.

The ones that make me laugh are those that research domains you hold, contact you with lowball offers and then lecture you about the state of the market.

Domainers have a fucking nerve. Who would knock on your door asking to buy your house and then try to beat you into the floor because the property market is a bit flat. Of course in the real world you can always unleash the dogs!

But still find it hard to believe it was dropped on purpose. Why not resell it on this forum, (where it had already sold for $2000), and there was another willing buyer, wanting to buy it for $2000.

zenmarketing
4th October 2007, 05:25 AM
This domain is obviously worth more than reg fee.

He should have sold it to me for $25.

Rubber Duck
4th October 2007, 05:27 AM
This domain is obviously worth more than reg fee.

He should have sold it to me for $25.

Maybe he preferred to drop it.

touchring
4th October 2007, 05:28 AM

Small market. Yes, but isn't Las Vegas a small market also?

Rubber Duck
4th October 2007, 05:31 AM
Small market. Yes, but isn't Las Vegas a small market also?

Yes, Vegas is even smaller in US dollar terms. Don't know about hard currency values.

I think if I was forced to spend three days at either of them, I would settle for Macau.

jacksonm
4th October 2007, 07:07 AM
Domainers have a fucking nerve. Who would knock on your door asking to buy your house and then try to beat you into the floor because the property market is a bit flat.

Domainers are some of the greediest bastards out there; far too many believe that they will sell their "lovefrosty.com" for a million and go from rags to riches. Many of them would cut off their nose just to spite their face.

And then there are the ones who actually do succeed and end up mixing Diet Coke with $1500 a bottle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_XIII_de_R%C3%A9my_Martin) - Louis XIII de Rémy Martin (http://www.louis-xiii.com/) cognac...

touchring
4th October 2007, 07:13 AM
Domainers are some of the greediest bastards out there; far too many believe that they will sell their "lovefrosty.com" for a million and go from rags to riches. Many of them would cut off their nose just to spite their face.

And then there are the ones who actually do succeed and end up mixing Diet Coke with $1500 a bottle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_XIII_de_R%C3%A9my_Martin) - Louis XIII de Rémy Martin (http://www.louis-xiii.com/) cognac...

Is that so, i thought mortgage brokers and even more so, hedge fund managers will use cognac to bathe. :o

http://www.itulip.com/images/mortgagepartay.jpg

When people earn too much, they go nuts.

Rubber Duck
4th October 2007, 07:14 AM
Perhaps deluded more than just plain greedy. Not surprising when you consider the gurus they listen to.

Rick, however, did make one valid point lately although he went on to draw a load of conclusions that I could not agree with.

He said that "time is measured in milestones not minutes". That is absolutely correct. What it means is that IDN prices will rachet up in big jumps rather than climb a steady ramp. You are either in before each milestone is reached or you are left to cry in your beer.

That only leaves you to work out what the milestones are and what you need to buy before we reach them.

And then there are the ones who actually do succeed and end up mixing Diet Coke with $1500 a bottle Louis XIII de Rémy Martin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_XIII_de_R%C3%A9my_Martin) cognac...

jacksonm
4th October 2007, 07:19 AM
Is that so, i thought mortgage brokers and even more so, hedge fund managers will use cognac to bathe. :o

When people earn too much, they go nuts.

http://frankschilling.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/02/yummy.html

"I'm thinking to myself I just bought a six bottle case for $4800 (about $800 a bottle) and we're mixing it with diet coke."

OK, so he got a deal on it, but still it's a sacrilege to mix fine cognac with anything, diet coke absolutely being the worst of all.

thegenius1
4th October 2007, 12:02 PM
Well there is a lot of doom and gloom. Perhaps he was genuinely convinced they were worthless.

Not the case here RD , the guys travels alot and obviously has a ton of domains and this just happened to make it through the net. It can happen to any of us !

[url]

OK, so he got a deal on it, but still it's a sacrilege to mix fine cognac with anything, diet coke absolutely being the worst of all.

LMAO this reminds me of last week in the Spirits store, I picked up a bottle of Patron Tequila and was going to use it to make margaritas. The clerk behind the desk almost had a heart attack and lectured me for about 5 minutes on how sacrilegious it was to due such an thing and insisted he would not sell it to me. Then he took me back to the isle and made me buy Jose Quervo lol. Then when i was checking out finally the guy tells the other clerk " hey this guy is trying to mix Patron with Margarita mix " the other guy turns around and says " Thats like mixing Louis XIII with coke"

Rubber Duck
4th October 2007, 12:17 PM
Cognac drinkers are those that have no palette for Scotch Whisky.

Most other spirits really cannot compete in terms of the complexity of their taste.

Slivovitz, however, is much underated tipple and can be very pallatable indeed, but you need to be wary of the effects of drinking spirits that are more than 50% proof.

Rubber Duck
4th October 2007, 12:18 PM

Most other spirits really cannot compete in terms of the complexity of their taste.

Slivovitz, however, is much underated tipple and can be very pallatable indeed, but you need to be wary of the effects of drinking spirits that are more than 50% by volume.

jacksonm
4th October 2007, 01:42 PM

Heh! I love good cognac as well as good scotch. I prefer cognac with cigars, though. One of my favourite scotches is Port Ellen, regrettably not made any longer but still available at relatively high prices (180 EUR a bottle).

LMAO this reminds me of last week in the Spirits store, I picked up a bottle of Patron Tequila and was going to use it to make margaritas. The clerk behind the desk almost had a heart attack and lectured me for about 5 minutes on how sacrilegious it was to due such an thing and insisted he would not sell it to me. Then he took me back to the isle and made me buy Jose Quervo lol. Then when i was checking out finally the guy tells the other clerk " hey this guy is trying to mix Patron with Margarita mix " the other guy turns around and says " Thats like mixing Louis XIII with coke"

This is generally an american habit to mix fine liquor with adulterants. Go to Scotland and ask for a fine scotch with diet coke and you'll probably get your ass kicked!

Rubber Duck
4th October 2007, 02:48 PM
This is generally an american habit to mix fine liquor with adulterants. Go to Scotland and ask for a fine scotch with diet coke and you'll probably get your ass kicked!

I believe a couple of drops of water from the same source are recommended just to release the flavour.

Very reluctant to add anything myself other than another one!