PDA

View Full Version : Everyone in China can use ie7 now...

markits
5th October 2007, 08:39 AM
新浪科技讯 北京时间10月5日消息,据国外媒体报道,微软已经发布了新版IE 7浏览器,同老版本有所不同,新版本在安装的过程中无需进行Windows正版优势验证。

IE 7浏览器已经发布一年时间,但同IE 6相比,它的普及速度要慢得多。微软项目经理史蒂夫·雷诺德(Steve Reynolds)在博客中称:“IE 7大大提高了系统安全性,可以帮助用户更方便地完成日常任务。例如,IE 7内置的‘钓鱼’过滤功能可以帮助用户免受‘钓鱼’网站的欺骗。此外,IE 7是第一款原生支持EV SSL 证书的浏览器。”

分析人士预计,微软取消安装过程中的Windows正版优势验证之后,IE 7的普及速度将会加快,因为将有很多盗版Windows用户加入IE 7阵营。微软还对IE 7做了其它改进,例如默认显示菜单栏,更新了“首次运行”和网络教程,以及为网络管理员和企业客户提供了MSI安装模式。(孟帆)

jacksonm
5th October 2007, 08:55 AM
Auto update, or what?

Rubber Duck
5th October 2007, 08:56 AM
Sina Technology Writer October 5, according to foreign media reports, Microsoft has released a new version of IE 7 browser, with different versions of the old and new versions in the process of installing Windows without WGA validation.

IE 7 browser has been released one year, but compared with IE 6, and its universal speed much slower. Microsoft project manager Steve Reynolds (Steve Reynolds) in the blog, he said: "IE 7 has greatly enhanced the security of the system, which helps users more convenient to complete their daily tasks. For example, IE 7 built-in 'phishing' filtering helps users from 'phishing' website deception. In addition, IE 7 is the first of the original EV SSL certificate browser. "

Analysts expect Microsoft cancel the installation process in the Windows Genuine Advantage certification, the popularity of Internet Explorer 7 speed will be accelerated, because there will be a lot of pirated Windows users to IE 7 camp. Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 also done other improvements, such as the default menu bar that, update the "first run" and Directory Network, as well as network administrators and enterprise customers with MSI installation mode. (Continued ...)

touchring
5th October 2007, 09:14 AM
Is this rumor or news. I'll be surprised if microsoft is willing to do that. Cancelling the genuine check.

If true, this will be more significant than auto upgrade.

Rubber Duck
5th October 2007, 09:25 AM
Is this rumor or news. I'll be surprised if microsoft is willing to do that. Cancelling the genuine check.

If true, this will be more significant than auto upgrade.

Could be that they would allow a stripped down version to install. Maybe such versions would have all that Add In crap that most of us are not interested in removed.

touchring
5th October 2007, 09:46 AM
Could be that they would allow a stripped down version to install. Maybe such versions would have all that Add In crap that most of us are not interested in removed.

I think the past few months has shown that users will just download firefox or a cracked version of IE7 if they can't get past the genuine check.

They should have thought of this earlier on! Just to show how Microsoft culture is reactive whereas Google is proactive.

If they insist on the genuine check, they will definitely lose the chinese browser market in less than 5 years.

If genuine check is removed, then there is higher chance for auto-upgrade to happen!

hanidn
5th October 2007, 01:52 PM
If genuine check is removed, then there is higher chance for auto-upgrade to happen!

I.E.7 auto update starts Nov. 6th, 2007 in Korea without the genuine check.

For one month from today to then, some xp sp2 os may see auto update pop ups by test processing. And the genuine checks are skipped also in this test period.

The verisign's web-navigation system has been kept still dying, sadly.

That’s all and good luck!

touchring
5th October 2007, 02:23 PM
The verisign's web-navigation system has been kept still dying, sadly.

That’s all and good luck!

does this web navi system work only in korea?

hanidn
5th October 2007, 03:02 PM
does this web navi system work only in korea?

No, whole world for four years.
Verisign used their .com/.net name servers for this service.

And some ccTLDs use same verisign’s tech codes for their IDN.ccTLDs and they have still used this navi service for ie6 users for more than 4 years now.

bwhhisc
5th October 2007, 03:36 PM
I.E.7 auto update starts Nov. 6th, 2007 in Korea without the genuine check.

Good news, thanks for sharing that info :)

hanidn
5th October 2007, 03:54 PM

touchring // One more thing..

If you want to talk to me with about IDNs, just send your line or cell phone number and preferred local days and times to my xn--o39a40go4b.com whois email. Then I call you. I may understand that your location is Singapore?!
Thank you.

markits
5th October 2007, 06:23 PM
Looks like, touch, you will be a star in Korea.
Korea.com, I love it.

Rubber Duck
5th October 2007, 07:37 PM
The removal of security on IE7 is being broad cast around the globe.

Unlike the ICANN release, each publisher is giving a slightly different version of events, but it does seem like IE6 is being killed off. And it seems to be the threat from Firefox 3 that has prompted MS to move.

jacksonm
5th October 2007, 07:49 PM
And it seems to be the threat from Firefox 3 that has prompted MS to move.

Fire under micros~1's ass!

Rubber Duck
5th October 2007, 07:52 PM
Burn baby burn!

Redmond must have the highest concentration of dumb fucks on the planet!

Giant
6th October 2007, 01:52 AM
Burn baby burn!

Redmond must have the highest concentration of dumb fucks on the planet!

You're right! Can't believe it took them a year to finally discover such a simple truth.

Drewbert
6th October 2007, 04:05 AM
My traffic at Dopa more than doubled from 13 on the 5th to 29 (so far) on the 6th).

Might be bots doing a visit.

Anyone else see a jump?