PDA

View Full Version : US Dollar Tsuanami is here: Asian markets hit by tsunami of funds fleeing US assets.

touchring
8th October 2007, 05:50 AM
The US dollar Tsuanami is here: Asian markets hit by tsunami of funds fleeing US assets, everything is going up in price, stocks, home prices, commercial prices, food, etc.

Every tom dick and harry, from american fund managers to oil sheiks, is trying to move his money out of dollar assets like a stampede.

All because of the 50 points cut last month.

Well done, Mr Fed. :o

rhys
8th October 2007, 05:54 AM
The US dollar Tsuanami is here: Asian markets hit by tsunami of funds fleeing US assets, everything is going up in price, stocks, home prices, commercial prices, food, etc.

Every tom dick and harry, from american fund managers to oil sheiks, is trying to move his money out of dollar assets like a stampede.

Good, that's where I moved my money.

Rubber Duck
8th October 2007, 05:59 AM
The only reason things are as stable as they are, is the US banks are borrowing abroad to cover the hole. Persuading foreigners to accept their paper is going to become an ever more desperate battle.

The crunch will really come when the Chinese really relax their exchange policy. As they say, " be careful what you wish for".

touchring
8th October 2007, 06:15 AM
The economic paradigm shift has just started .....

ScottFish
8th October 2007, 06:21 AM
Scarry stuff.

The amazing thing to me was when the CAD$ became par with the USD$.
I remember when it took only $.75USD to make a $1CAD.

My money is in EFTs.

touchring
8th October 2007, 06:35 AM
Scarry stuff.

The amazing thing to me was when the CAD$ became par with the USD$.
I remember when it took only $.75USD to make a $1CAD.

My money is in EFTs.

This means that domains need to appreciate by 40% just not to lose money over that same period of time in CAD$ terms. And this assuming that inflation is zero.

mgrohan
8th October 2007, 07:27 AM
Yeah not great news for many domainers, adsense earners and exporters that are earning in USD.

Remember in 2001 Australian dollar was 0.49 to the USD. Today it went through 0.90 :o

Rubber Duck
8th October 2007, 07:41 AM
Should affect IDNers too much. Although we are basically paid in dollars the bids are in local currencies. Unless we are being ripped off with exchange rates, it should all come out in the wash. Indeed, this is a very strong argument for focusing on IDN. The real fear in the US market should not be exchange rates but cuts to advertising budgets. This also, however, may prove to be a red herring as recessions make marketing even more essential. Any fool can sell in a boom.

Fka200
8th October 2007, 07:53 AM
The real fear in the US market should not be exchange rates but cuts to advertising budgets.

PPC has decreased a LOT for me. I predicted to be out of debt by February just by PPC alone... doesn't seem like that's going to happen at this rate. Huge decline. Time for Plan D...

touchring
8th October 2007, 08:05 AM
PPC has decreased a LOT for me. I predicted to be out of debt by February just by PPC alone... doesn't seem like that's going to happen at this rate. Huge decline. Time for Plan D...

Hold onto your Arabics. We might see $200 oil over the next few years if Bernanke pushes the printing press at full throttles. Read my thread on the "mother of all bubbles".

Rubber Duck
8th October 2007, 08:22 AM
If you are in a tight corner and focused on a low earning language, my advice would be to focus on renewing the quality and to sell the lower grade name to do that.

The big temptation is sell quality to renew lots of less valuable names. I believe that would be a mistake. It make more sense to sell these cheap or even drop and hold out with those that are going to bring home the goods in spades. If you have as few as a couple of dozen top quality names, they could make your very rich. Piles of horse shit just lumber you with unmanageable renewals.

bwhhisc
8th October 2007, 11:10 AM
If you are in a tight corner and focused on a low earning language, my advice would be to focus on renewing the quality and to sell the lower grade name to do that. The big temptation is sell quality to renew lots of less valuable names.

Very good advice.

Every tom dick and harry, from american fund managers to oil sheiks, is trying to move his money out of dollar assets like a stampede. All because of the 50 points cut last month. Well done, Mr Fed. :o

Is here??
Like a stampede?
Seems like a bit of exaduration...
Got any links to credible sources?