高尔夫球.cn
高爾夫球.cn

GOLF in English
Code:xn--tssp1eh35abq9a.cn

Please give me an appraisal.

Thanks a lot.

bwhhisc
9th October 2007, 11:35 AM
I guess the first question for .cn is how secure ownership rights are to .cn domains.
Until CNNIC fully clarifies ownership rights full value will probably not be seen.
Not sure you would see many solid offers in today market, but you never know.

Ammending comments below to "高尔夫.cn" golf.cn (best term for golf)

With guaranteed ownership it is probably worth mid x,xxx or even into xx,xxx in todays market.
Without any guarantee, it is unpredictable but I don't think many informed domainers would invest
much on possibility you could lose the name by simple action at sole discretion of CNNIC.
In the future if ownership is cleared up easy xx,xxx and someday even xxx,xxx.

namerice
9th October 2007, 12:05 PM
I guess the first question is how secure ownership rights are to the domain.
Until CNNIC fully clarifies ownership rights full value will probably not be seen.
Not sure you would see many solid offers in today market, but you never know.

With guaranteed ownership it is probably worth mid x,xxx or even into xx,xxx in todays market.
Without any guarantee, it is unpredictable but I don't think many informed domainers would invest
much on possibility you could lose the name by simple action at sole discretion of CNNIC.
In the future if ownership is cleared up easy xx,xxx and someday even xxx,xxx.

You analyze very comprehensively, I approve extremely, thank you bwhhisc!

sakillll
9th October 2007, 12:11 PM
Golf ball not golf:)

namerice
9th October 2007, 01:54 PM
Golf ball not golf:)

垒球 softball
棒球 baseball
排球 volleyball
手球 handball
篮球 basketball

足球 soccer
马球 polo
水球 water polo
网球 tennis
羽毛球 badminton
曲棍球 hockey
乒乓球 table tennis

golf is "高尔夫"or"高尔夫球", I do not know !Who knows !

mulligan
9th October 2007, 02:47 PM
golf is "高尔夫"or"高尔夫球", I do not know !Who knows !

Are you Chinese?

touchring
9th October 2007, 03:31 PM
高尔夫球 doesn't even have trends.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%E9%AB%98%E5%B0%94%E5%A4%AB%2C+%E9%AB%98%E5%B0%94%E5%A4%AB%E7%90%83&ctab=0

bwhhisc
9th October 2007, 04:19 PM
My observations are based on this being "golf"
The .com and .net are TDC, and google images are golf courses, not golf balls.

MDGB Chinese Dictionary gives this as "golf" and I am not a native speaker.
http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php?page=worddictbasic&wdqb=%E9%AB%98%E5%B0%94%E5%A4%AB%E7%90%83&wdrst=0&go=Search

sakillll
9th October 2007, 04:20 PM
你沒有錯,但高爾球還是是你最好的用語,
和朋友去打球兩個用語都沒差,但在這裡差一字就差很多了
能用較適合的用語就用吧:)

you are right, but "golf ball" term is suitable for your name.
you play golf with you friends, both of term are right. but i would have say both term much different
especially in domain forum even appraisal.
if you have suitable term as much as possible use it

touchring
9th October 2007, 04:27 PM
My observations are based on this being "golf"
The .com and .net are TDC, and google images are golf courses, not golf balls.

MDGB Chinese Dictionary gives this as "golf" and I am not a native speaker.
http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php?page=worddictbasic&wdqb=%E9%AB%98%E5%B0%94%E5%A4%AB%E7%90%83&wdrst=0&go=Search

I see lots of golf balls - http://images.google.cn/images?complete=1&hl=zh-CN&inlang=zh-CN&q=%E9%AB%98%E5%B0%94%E5%A4%AB%E7%90%83&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

sakillll
9th October 2007, 04:33 PM
edit

Neptune
9th October 2007, 07:16 PM
高尔夫 is a more widely used term from everything i can see from its daily index score on baidu, and google trends

Asiaplay
9th October 2007, 07:22 PM
The primary term for "Golf" is definitely "高尔夫" (this is for sure, as all golfers I know use this term - as do suppliers of golf products into China)... "高尔夫球" (I understand is golf ball/s only, but can also be used less commonly, to refer to golf itself - when someone does not understand "高尔夫" - in this way it is the formal term, used by people who do not play the sport of golf).

As a secondary term "高尔夫球" presently gets around 1/5 of the searches per month that "高尔夫" gets... ("高尔夫球" is an average term at the moment and has quite low search results really).

Cheers - Asiaplay

mgrohan
9th October 2007, 10:18 PM
Exactly as Asiaplay says. 高尔夫球 Is the full proper way to say golf (and also golf ball shares the same word).

Although like many words in Chinese it is not needed to say the full term, and these are often shorten. Therefore anyone who already plays golf or is familiar with the game golf would properly just drop the 球 (ball) from the full name and refer to it as 高尔夫.
This would be the most searched form of golf (高尔夫)

Although for an authoritative domain on golf, this would definitely be the choice as it is the proper term.

But as mentioned above, with the cn extensions, it is still not 100% that this domain could not be claimed or taken away by someone like the 'china national golf association' or someone else.