PDA

View Full Version : Now That All Domains Belong To Us ....

thegenius1
10th October 2007, 04:31 AM
Lets decipher what business models are the most lucrative , and should be applied to our domains first.

Feel free to discuss what avenues you see taking your IDN's and how you plan on getting there.

I think that all of us that hold International domain names are in a privileged position to open a international business in any of these countries we have invested in without even stepping a foot in the country at hand. And its time to start brainstorming some serious development ideas so that we can continue to be ahead of the curve.

Forgot to add : Affiliate Marketing , and im sure some others so feel free to add them to the thread.

Fka200
10th October 2007, 04:34 AM
I'm trying to develop my traffic domains. I feel as if we can start some sort of viral-awareness if we develop and people see us in the search engines with IDNs. But with the poll, my voting went towards serious development. As of now, it's just BS websites with Wikipedia. If I have time and funds, I get a domain developed correctly! Working with one guy right now to get a premium domain developed, but lack of funds is pushing back the project till probably December/January.

mulligan
10th October 2007, 04:47 AM
I think that all of us that hold International domain names are in a privleaged position to open a international business in any of these countries we have invested in without even stepping a foot in the country at hand.

What kind of business? For Asia generally you will likely require a local partner and you will definitely have to meet said partner face to face (Whether either of you can speak each others language or not .. hire a translator)

This can be much more important than anything else you can bring to the table as from my experience business done on a one to one level, in person, with the right amount of knowledge of the business culture of your target country under your belt will bring much more successful results.

And ... don't forget your business cards and the correct way to exchange them!

My advice to anyone wanting to do business in Asia would be to read up on it, there are many books dedicated to this subject ...from the proper way to behave .. to when you should bring a gift .. to who pays the restaurant tab and all sorts of other stuff you just wouldn't think of but can make or break a deal

thegenius1
10th October 2007, 04:53 AM
My advice to anyone wanting to do business in Asia would be to read up on it, there are many books dedicated to this subject ...from the proper way to behave .. to when you should bring a gift .. to who pays the restaurant tab and all sorts of other stuff you just wouldn't think of but can make or break a deal

Correct , i was actually doing some reading on this last week and learned that in Japan no matter what everybody splits the bill , no matter what you ordered. I also learned that when somebody wants a drink they will fill up everbodys elses glass so that you never no how much you had to drink.

Olney
10th October 2007, 05:12 AM
A lot of the business models do require local partners & those who live in the local markets do tend to forget this.
After you have certain sites in various markets with repeat & constant traffic if it's niche content you might find those in the industry willing to submit new content because they see you might rank better than them or they can use the platform for their own promotions.
Working in phases in most projects works well.

Right now most of my live sites are just to build awareness for Japanese young people, for IDN sites. This does all of us good in the long run. I'm also getting new content emailed to me by people in the field recently.

Rubber Duck
10th October 2007, 05:23 AM
So we are Golden just as soon as today's school kids grow up to be CEOs?

Olney
10th October 2007, 06:53 AM
Also guys do some research about your target markets. Spending habits etc.
If you can get natural traffic yourself then it might even be easier to find a local partner, you already have stats & data.
Someone closer to the target field might be able to tell you more about what the target users might want.
But if you use analytics you can see which keywords, which things make the users stick. Some of you long time webmasters know things like this already.

markits
10th October 2007, 12:19 PM
DNAME, guys!

thegenius1
12th October 2007, 12:15 AM
Those that selected "Other" do you mind telling us what that other is.

bwhhisc
12th October 2007, 12:46 AM

Geo-Domains/ Cities

alibuba
12th October 2007, 01:09 AM

I got a good amount of travel related names and would develop a site related to traveling.

Fka200
12th October 2007, 01:33 AM
Other: Information resource sites/Other Entertainment sites. That's what I'm currently working on.

markits
12th October 2007, 02:50 AM
I have high traffic idns and will use "parking" to start with.

burnsinternet
12th October 2007, 05:27 AM

Duh. Adult. Say what you want, but without adult sites, the internet would not be the internet. :p