PDA

View Full Version : Name transfer timeframe?

mulligan
9th March 2006, 01:01 PM
Does anybdy know what the timeframe for internal transfers with a registrar is?
To transfer from ane account at, say, Domainsite to another persons account at Domainsite is there a certain amount of time you have had to own the name before you can pass ownership to another party?

Thanx Guys and Gals...

idnceo
9th March 2006, 01:06 PM
To transfer from ane account at, say, Domainsite to another persons account at Domainsite is there a certain amount of time you have had to own the name before you can pass ownership to another party?

Thanx Guys and Gals...

At least on dynadot and several other registrars i use, as soon as u finish registering a domain you can push it to someone else account.

Rubber Duck
9th March 2006, 02:34 PM

Thanx Guys and Gals...

Push of button at Domainsite.com

alpha
9th March 2006, 02:50 PM
I "second that" about domainsite

blastfromthepast
9th March 2006, 02:57 PM
Real time DNS propagnation at DomainSite means that when you change nameservers it is almost instant, and not that half a day delay you often get with lesser registrars.

Rubber Duck
9th March 2006, 03:00 PM
Real time DNS propagnation at DomainSite means that when you change nameservers it is almost instant, and not that half a day delay you often get with lesser registrars.

Yes, these guys think big. I was chatting to the CEO the other day, and he is talking about Escrow with a turn around of 2 hours!

blastfromthepast
9th March 2006, 03:09 PM
Excellent news! It is about time domain name service providers move out of the dark ages.

mulligan
9th March 2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks for your input all...

I have found Domainsite to be excellent myself.
Email is answered in almost real time, next best thing to live chat!!
No auto responders there..
Escrow turnaround in 2 hours eh? Good news indeed (Will hopefully be having to utilise that a LOT in the future ;)

Drewbert
9th March 2006, 05:00 PM
Lease transfers within a registrar are genrally instantaneous. The only time they aren't is when it is a name bought at a pre-drop auction - some of the registrars running those scams put a freeze on the name for legal reasons.

The only reason inter-registrar ownership transfers cannot be done immediately is because of the 60 day no-transfer rule which was put in place early on in the ICANN days because they were worried about domain-slamming taking place. It's a rule that's seen it's time and should be removed.

Rubber Duck
9th March 2006, 05:03 PM
The only reason inter-registrar ownership transfers cannot be done immediately is because of the 60 day no-transfer rule which was put in place early on in the ICANN days because they were worried about domain-slamming taking place. It's a rule that's seen it's time and should be removed.

That's as maybe but they still take 5 days!