PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting .bz domains?

The Emirates Gallastico
14th October 2007, 06:38 PM
Just seen the sudden surge in people buying them and decided to get monitor.bz (I believe computer.com sold for 2.2mill, I'm only asking 1mill for this :p).

Anyone else getting them/can you see them being useful in the future? :)

domainguru
14th October 2007, 06:42 PM
what sudden surge is this? .bz is one of the joke domains, avoid, invest elsewhere.

Rubber Duck
14th October 2007, 06:44 PM
Dot BZ will never be worth more than 0.1% of a dot com, but I guess if it a million dollar term you might come out in the long run with a few bucks. Still a Pass in my opinion.

thegenius1
14th October 2007, 06:46 PM
Well i didnt even get 1 japanese.biz , but when i decided to take a look i was suprised at the amount of native Japanese that took them . So im not sure if i would consider that a joke.

jacksonm
14th October 2007, 06:49 PM
Well i didnt even get 1 japanese.biz , but when i decided to take a look i was suprised at the amount of native Japanese that took them . So im not sure if i would consider that a joke.

.biz is not .bz

Rubber Duck
14th October 2007, 06:50 PM
Well i didnt even get 1 japanese.biz , but when i decided to take a look i was suprised at the amount of native Japanese that took them . So im not sure if i would consider that a joke.[/QUOTE

Yeah, funny that is about the only thing the Japanese have been quick off the mark with. Is there an auspicious term in Japanese that sounds like dot Biz? Are the Japanese big subscribers to ASCII.biz?

[QUOTE=jacksonm].biz is not .bz

Your right of course. I think Drewbert's houseboy runs the Dot BZ registry from his computer when he is not looking.

rkae
14th October 2007, 07:08 PM
I frequent one .bz site and in the beginning I'd always confuse the extension with .biz. that's another problem with .bz domains.

Drewbert
14th October 2007, 07:54 PM
RD pretty much nailed it. :)

I would put .bz somewhere between "flakey" and "dodgy" on the scale.

jose
14th October 2007, 07:59 PM
Check this (http://www.blackhatdomainer.com/list-of-excelent-keywords-available-on-bz/) out...

The Emirates Gallastico
14th October 2007, 08:08 PM
Hmm...

Anyone know where to get them cheap? NameCheap has them at $29 a pop... :eek:

burnsinternet
14th October 2007, 08:44 PM
Stick with dot com if you can help it. Resale value is always higher. A .bz won't get any real type-in traffic.

The Emirates Gallastico
14th October 2007, 08:49 PM
Should have come on here first... I got all excited when I saw monitor.bz available, especially with computer.com and a few .mobi's selling for large sums... ah well :p

burnsinternet
14th October 2007, 08:53 PM
See if you can flip it on another forum for some profit.

Some ascii domains sell here, but they have to be pretty good and pretty cheap. Otherwise, these guys are more interested in good IDN domains in not-so-new extensions.

thegenius1
14th October 2007, 08:57 PM
.biz is not .bz

good point :p

domainguru
14th October 2007, 09:34 PM
Should have come on here first... I got all excited when I saw monitor.bz available, especially with computer.com and a few .mobi's selling for large sums... ah well :p

That it is still available should give you some kind of clue as to its potential value.

The Emirates Gallastico
14th October 2007, 09:42 PM
TBH mate all the other keywords I tried were taken, and then again... English.net in Arabic was available... :)