PDA

View Full Version : 宅配寿司.jp Sushi anyone?

rhys
10th March 2006, 06:02 AM
宅配寿司.jp "Sushi Delivery" ovt 23,890 Bids: max 40 yen min 35 yen

Google produces only 512,000 results but these are lots and lots of companies and stores that deliver sushi to the home. This is very common in Japan.

Rubber Duck
10th March 2006, 07:38 AM
The main term here is clearly 寿司 in which I managed to salvage the dot net.

Clearly, pizza.com would be worth a lot more than pizzadelivery.com.

I think the extension works well in this case as this will not be a monopolized market.

宅配寿司.jp "Sushi Delivery" ovt 23,890 Bids: max 40 yen min 35 yen

Google produces only 512,000 results but these are lots and lots of companies and stores that deliver sushi to the home. This is very common in Japan.

rhys
10th March 2006, 07:51 AM
The main term here is clearly 寿司 in which I managed to salvage the dot net.

Clearly, pizza.com would be worth a lot more than pizzadelivery.com.

I think the extension works well in this case as this will not be a monopolized market.

Funny you mention it, I actually own pizzadelivery equivalent in Japanese too as a .jp

touchring
10th March 2006, 08:02 AM
At least for for japanese .com, we're all down to compound terms - that's the reason why i stopped registering japanese .coms by end of Jan.

Rubber Duck
10th March 2006, 08:08 AM
At least for for japanese .com, we're all down to compound terms - that's the reason why i stopped registering japanese .coms by end of Jan.

Yes, I bought up my lists and closed down the operation at about that time.

rhys
10th March 2006, 08:43 AM

I entered the game on Jan. 8 and though it got perceptibly harder in February, I've enjoyed pushing myself to keep finding the good stuff. Actually, I've been regging quite a few single terms on .com and especially .jp this past week. Nothing too earth-shattering. Just yesterday I regged 混浴.com ovt 97,675 which translates to a "mixing bath" or an onsen in which men and women can enter together. Got to love that.

yanni
11th March 2006, 07:22 AM
Just yesterday I regged 混浴.com ovt 97,675 which translates to a "mixing bath" or an onsen in which men and women can enter together. Got to love that.

Love what? The 97K OVT or the women and men part? ;)

I just started with Japan three days ago...nothing hot to report yet.

idnceo
11th March 2006, 08:49 AM
i cant deny it could be very interesting one for the right japanese guy involved in that business. As a very specific domain isnt hot but for someone in that industry im sure it must be.

rhys
11th March 2006, 04:24 PM
i cant deny it could be very interesting one for the right japanese guy involved in that business. As a very specific domain isnt hot but for someone in that industry im sure it must be.

Sorry idnceo are you referring to 混浴 or to 宅配寿司. Though I agree on both counts.