PDA

View Full Version : ASCII/Dollar association problem.

touchring
17th October 2007, 06:52 PM
Will there be another round of interest rates cut?

$163bn in just 1 mth! Getting worried about the dollar, want to redeem my remaining ASCIIs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/10/16/bcnchina116.xml

Data from the US Treasury showed outflows of $163bn (£80bn) from all forms of US investments.

Asian investors dumped $52bn worth of US Treasury bonds alone, led by Japan ($23bn), China ($14.2bn) and Taiwan ($5bn). It is the first time since 1998 that foreigners have, on balance, sold Treasuries.

The US requires $70bn a month in capital inflows to cover its current account deficit!!

Rubber Duck
17th October 2007, 07:15 PM
Will there be another round of interest rates cut?

$163bn in just 1 mth! Getting worried about the dollar, want to redeem my remaining ASCIIs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/10/16/bcnchina116.xml

If you had been listening to me, you would know this.

Americans need to look at things from the other perspective once in a while.

Investing in a economy with an under-performing economy, with a depreciating currency and low yields is enough to scare off any foreign investor.

The problem is that it is only a matter of time before the run on the currency turns into a rout. When that happens things will get a lot worse very quickly. The US needs to cut expenditure, raise taxes and interest rates. Yes, and that will cause a recession, but the bottom line is you can run but you cannot hide. It is because the US has been running away from it problems for so long that they are going to experience a maelstrom.

mulligan
17th October 2007, 08:00 PM
... with a depreciating currency and low yields is enough to scare off any foreign investor.
Anyone across the pond have property and or land for sale .. at rock bottom prices .. ?

edit:

will exchange for quality domains if *cash* is not your scene ...

Giant
18th October 2007, 12:12 AM
I can see big trouble ahead for U.S. dollars.

It's amazing, a single person can corrupt a country's economic power so fast.

George Bush for president, the 3rd term!

touchring
18th October 2007, 08:54 AM
If you had been listening to me, you would know this.

Americans need to look at things from the other perspective once in a while.

Investing in a economy with an under-performing economy, with a depreciating currency and low yields is enough to scare off any foreign investor.

The problem is that it is only a matter of time before the run on the currency turns into a rout. When that happens things will get a lot worse very quickly. The US needs to cut expenditure, raise taxes and interest rates. Yes, and that will cause a recession, but the bottom line is you can run but you cannot hide. It is because the US has been running away from it problems for so long that they are going to experience a maelstrom.

Yes, i should have listened to you earlier. Best time to rid of ASCII was in fact around January-May 2006.

Alexa really tells a lot about the industry.

http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?c=1&f=555555&u=dnjournal.com&u=dnforum.com&u=namepros.com&r=3y&y=r&z=3&h=300&w=610

yanni
18th October 2007, 04:05 PM
A decent domain with type-in traffic will provide you with income in any economic situation, if you have any.

Liquidate your "brandables" only :)

mulligan
18th October 2007, 04:09 PM
Anyone across the pond have property and or land for sale .. at rock bottom prices .. ?

edit:

will exchange for quality domains if *cash* is not your scene ...

Still looking .. seriously

Rubber Duck
18th October 2007, 04:11 PM
A decent domain with type-in traffic will provide you with income in any economic situation, if you have any.

Liquidate your "brandables" only :)

Not sure about that.

Big business seems to be more into Brandables than Generics. I think single letters are going to fetch an absolute bomb!

yanni
18th October 2007, 04:33 PM
Not sure about that.

Big business seems to be more into Brandables than Generics. I think single letters are going to fetch an absolute bomb!

Not if a big recession hits. There won't be many new start-ups looking for a "brandable" domain and big biz cill cut down un-necessary expenditures and will be going after the cold hard cash that a visitor from [cars] dot com can provide, imo.

Drewbert
18th October 2007, 04:35 PM
Yes, i should have listened to you earlier. Best time to rid of ASCII was in fact around January-May 2006.

Don't get rid of ALL ASCII's. French and German ASCII's could very well hold their value.

Get rid of ASCII's related to economies that are circulating the toilet bowl.

mulligan
18th October 2007, 05:10 PM
Still looking .. seriously
No sub primers on this forum?

Smart guys (and gals ... :p)

touchring
18th October 2007, 05:31 PM
Don't get rid of ALL ASCII's. French and German ASCII's could very well hold their value.

Get rid of ASCII's related to economies that are circulating the toilet bowl.

German should do ok, Asians like to show off, BMWs and Benz do well here.

I'm only discarding the compound names. Single word generics with traffic are keepers.

Giant
18th October 2007, 05:36 PM
German should do ok, Asians like to show off, BMWs and Benz do well here.
Don't you think Asians like to show off their Ford or GM? :)

Rubber Duck
18th October 2007, 05:44 PM

Apparently GM are very impressed with Chinese Market. I wonder if that enthusiasm is reciprocated?

touchring
18th October 2007, 05:47 PM

The GM partnership car in China seems popular though. I've sat in a limo version of one before.

Rubber Duck
18th October 2007, 06:42 PM
Actually most of recycling rubbish goes to China as well. I guess the Americans are just ahead of us cutting out the middle man.

Giant
18th October 2007, 11:32 PM
Apparently GM are very impressed with Chinese Market. I wonder if that enthusiasm is reciprocated?

Like McDonald's and KFC, GM is doing very well in China, but the money all American companies make in China is still not enough to fund Bush's Irag war.