PDA

View Full Version : CyberAgent to offer IDN.jp in Japan

Olney
19th October 2007, 03:51 AM
CyberAgent another of the biggest internet service corporations is Japan has set up a site to offer IDN domains via Ameba to existing users.
Just like previous deals with large corporations they only offer IDNs in the IDN.jp extension.

Ameba is Cyber Agent's Blog nettwork
They are offering the IDN domain service to the millions of users. They are ranked as on of the top 3 to 5 Blog services in Japan.
They make it simple to add your Japanese domain to your blog.

http://prom.ameba.jp/nihongo/

I've said in the past that the young people & bloggers will be the first candidates to effectively use IDN domains.

I hate to sound like propoganda but JPRS is doing a great deal of work to get services to offer IDN.jp & make the technology seemless (No punycode).
Unfortunately some of these are exclusive to offer IDNs only in dot jp.

It's up to site developers to create awareness of IDN.com here because leaving it up to Japan Registries Japanese will only know IDNs exist in the dot jp extension.

Rubber Duck
19th October 2007, 07:12 AM
Doesn't matter. I am mainly dot com but any promotion of ccTLDs is welcome as far as I am concerned.

bwhhisc
19th October 2007, 10:14 AM
CyberAgent another of the biggest internet service corporations is Japan has set up a site to offer IDN domains via Ameba to existing users.
Just like previous deals with large corporations they only offer IDNs in the IDN.jp extension. Ameba is Cyber Agent's Blog nettwork. They are offering the IDN domain service to the millions of users. They are ranked as on of the top 3 to 5 Blog services in Japan. They make it simple to add your Japanese domain to your blog.

I've said in the past that the young people & bloggers will be the first candidates to effectively use IDN domains. I hate to sound like propoganda but JPRS is doing a great deal of work to get services to offer IDN.jp & make the technology seemless (No punycode). Unfortunately some of these are exclusive to offer IDNs only in dot jp. It's up to site developers to create awareness of IDN.com here because leaving it up to Japan Registries Japanese will only know IDNs exist in the dot jp extension.

Another sign things are moving quickly in the right direction.
What RD says is true., and in the end the idn tide will float all boats.

Olney
19th October 2007, 10:21 AM
Right now more & more even novice internet users are being introduced to IDNs by these large companies. Yeah this is the main point but I'd rather give you guys details.

burnsinternet
19th October 2007, 02:09 PM
Tina says we need to contact our registrars about moving forward with IDN.IDN. If you have any pull over there, do what you can.

IDNCowboy
19th October 2007, 02:29 PM
Tina says we need to contact our registrars about moving forward with IDN.IDN. If you have any pull over there, do what you can.
registrars won't want dname.......

dynadot will want to do landrushes for .idn names as well as name.com etc

thefabfive
19th October 2007, 02:35 PM
Registrars may not want DNAME, but I'm guessing the registries do. Their brand (extension) is their business. Dilution with sound-alikes would undermine their business.