PDA

View Full Version : Arabic text in Photoshop

dusty
23rd October 2007, 04:17 PM
Anyone know how to use Arabic text in Photoshop?

I am making images for an Arabic IDN.com and the Arabic script I paste into Photoshop does not preserve the right-to-left format, or the relationship between letters within words - thus 'breaking up' the words. I have the fonts, it is just a matter of right to left rather than left to right.

Fka200
23rd October 2007, 04:21 PM
Photoshop CS ME Edition. If you don't do it that way, paint is the way to go.

dusty
23rd October 2007, 04:23 PM
Photoshop CS ME Edition. If you don't do it that way, paint is the way to go.

Are you saying it can be done is CS ME Edition, but not others? I have CS3

Fka200
23rd October 2007, 04:34 PM
Are you saying it can be done is CS ME Edition, but not others? I have CS3

Won't work. Must be ME edition. I've tried them all. Might be some other possible techy way to get it work, but I got a huge headache out of it. In the end ME edition was the only one that did it the right way.

dusty
23rd October 2007, 05:01 PM
Won't work. Must be ME edition. I've tried them all. Might be some other possible techy way to get it work, but I got a huge headache out of it. In the end ME edition was the only one that did it the right way.

I think you are right about Photoshop, but I just found a built in way to do it in Fireworks CS3 wich also came with the suite. I guess I can do it there then export the gif into Photoshop CS3.

Maybe Adobe will get it right in the next edition of Photoshop.

Thanks for you help

clipper
23rd October 2007, 09:38 PM
I just use a text editor, then increase the size to almost the size of the screen, take a screen shot, and open that in PS as its own layer. It's pixels, not text, but you can work it as its own layer.

Muhammad Mustafa
24th October 2007, 04:24 PM
as Sammy said you have to do it using any ME edition of PhotoShop, or you can use intermediary programs to allow you to do 'there was an application called AlRasem or AlRasam as I remmber do this job, and another called Abu Rashed'
install ME edition and it should go ok, or just contact me and I'll help you. just send the font, psd file and I'll write to you what ever you want and resend it to you :)

jose
24th October 2007, 04:47 PM
Are you sure you have the right fonts?

dusty
24th October 2007, 08:22 PM
as Sammy said you have to do it using any ME edition of PhotoShop, or you can use intermediary programs to allow you to do 'there was an application called AlRasem or AlRasam as I remmber do this job, and another called Abu Rashed'
install ME edition and it should go ok, or just contact me and I'll help you. just send the font, psd file and I'll write to you what ever you want and resend it to you :)

Thank you for the information and the offered help. I did find a way around, but was not able to do exactly what I had planned. You can see here: http://موضة.com/

I might have to take you up on your offer to help. I will PM you later.

Best,
Dusty

Fka200
24th October 2007, 08:45 PM
Dusty, the pictures aren't correct. Just a heads up, not sure if those are just tests, but the letters are not joined.

dusty
26th October 2007, 09:15 PM
Dusty, the pictures aren't correct. Just a heads up, not sure if those are just tests, but the letters are not joined.

Thanks for the heads up. Please take a look now and refresh.

I found a great Free tool for those who want to edit arabic text. It is called AbiWord
http://www.abisource.com/

That program is how I was able to make the characters join.