PDA

View Full Version : Domain stock exchange

jacksonm
23rd October 2007, 08:10 PM
http://domainnamenews.com/domain-sales/fusu-introduces-domain-stock-exchange-in-private-beta/885#more-885

bwhhisc
24th October 2007, 01:03 AM
Interesting...
Wondering what their plan is to secure the investors.
And what if someone gets a lein put on them, or divorce, etc. How would domain stay out of legal settlements of that type.
Guessing that domains will be put into escro or held by a neutral 3rd party with some kind of forced "sell" at X price for problems as above.

QUOTE: In order to secure the shareholder’s investments, the makers of Fusu have come up with a solution for the security of the exchange, which they will announce at the launch.

Wonder why the secrecy?

tee1
24th October 2007, 01:10 AM
Interesting...
Maybe domains are put into escro and held by a neutral 3rd party?

That is interesting, so you give up control and they sell shares of your domain. So they become the agents, valuations and frequency of the valuation will be interesting. I thought you needed a liquid market to have an exchange or does an exchange make a market liquid?

I guess the lien is on the shares?

wonder if insider trading is allowed :o

bwhhisc
24th October 2007, 02:26 AM
That is interesting, so you give up control and they sell shares of your domain. So they become the agents, valuations and frequency of the valuation will be interesting. I thought you needed a liquid market to have an exchange or does an exchange make a market liquid?
I guess the lien is on the shares?
wonder if insider trading is allowed :o

The brief indicates they have it set up where one person keeps at least 55% of the domain and the 45% is up for sale to 1 or more investors. Will be interesting to see how they have built the business model. Probably be copycats joining the party soon.

touchring
24th October 2007, 02:42 AM
Wonder why the secrecy?

maybe they are applying for a patent.

jose
24th October 2007, 03:50 AM
Complex models are very hard to suceed on the net now-a-days.

Keep it very simple and stupid. If people don't get on the first 10 seconds, you're dead.

Span attention is getting smaller and the rate of new concepts is growing exponentialy.

They have the similitude with the stock exchange on their side, let's see.