PDA

View Full Version : Popular single Chinese char .com for sale

markits
26th October 2007, 02:59 PM
I need $1000. The following domains are for sale, $500 each. Sale will be closed after two names are sold. Thanks

媳.com (n. Daughter in law)
测.com (v & n. Measure, test)
侃.com (Slang: chat, talk)
沧.com (Place name 沧州 )
泊.com (v. park; parking)
嫂.com (n. sister in law)
渊.com (deep canal)
景.com (scene; a surname)
绅.com (very popular char;
婆.com (mother in law, mature woman)
盛.com (prosperous, a surname)
辛.com (surname)
灌.com (irrigation; ....

markits
27th October 2007, 03:26 PM
Come on guys, you won't get such quality domains with this price anywhere else.

hangman21
27th October 2007, 03:31 PM
nice names, especially 景.com , if i had some cash i would get it. good luck!

markits
27th October 2007, 05:17 PM
Thanks hangman
If 景.com didn't sale, I will be following Alphamale.....

zenmarketing
27th October 2007, 05:56 PM
There are basically no buyers for domains over $50, in general.

There's probably about 5 people on earth who looked at this thread with any interest or ability to make a purchase, me being one of them. Unfortunately, I have enough one character Chinese for now, and not really looking for more.

The market is too small. Nobody bought 广州酒店.com AND .net for $1000 from me, when 上海酒店.com (without the .net) sold for $2000 over a year ago. (My domains are not for sale anymore btw; I was testing the market, and the test failed.)

All we can do is sit and wait...

bwhhisc
27th October 2007, 06:40 PM

With over 100,000 single character symbols its not as easy as sorting from an alphablet that has 26 characters! I have not been able to come up with any list or reliable ranking source for Chinese, and there is no ovt to rely on.

The challenge is that most don't know the language and what are truly good or not so good in single characters. The easily recognizable like 车, 宝, 市, and 网 are about all most of us truly know are premium.

So...most do not have the proper information to invest $500 and up.

touchring
27th October 2007, 06:48 PM

It is not that there are no buyers, but those with the money and willing to buy have already bought their fill. Only buying $10 or $20 is a flawed strategy because renewals are expensive, and in a slow market and a takes forever for IE7 to rollout situation, only better names are worth keeping long term. Buying only to drop later is a silly strategy.

thegenius1
27th October 2007, 06:56 PM
It is not that there are no buyers, but those with the money and willing to buy have already bought their fill.

That , and certain others are strategically buying " IN THE DARK " to make you guys believe there are no buyers. This only makes the prices lower, Don't fall for it. Even DoT TV's are commanding X,XXX price tags in the shadows , according to bill there should be some showing on DNJ next week.

With over 100,000 single character symbols its not as easy as sorting from an alphablet that has 26 characters! I have not been able to come up with any list or reliable ranking source for Chinese, and there is no ovt to rely on.

The challenge is that most don't know the language and what are truly good or not so good in single characters. The easily recognizable like 车, 宝, 市, and 网 are about all most of us truly know are premium.

So...most do not have the proper information to invest $500 and up.

I agree with Bill also.

touchring
27th October 2007, 07:00 PM
That , and certain others are strategically buying " IN THE DARK " to make you guys believe there are no buyers. This only makes the prices lower, Don't fall for it.

Yes, possible, idn is not like dot mobi where everyone flips and makes as much noise as possible, like some HYIP scheme whereby the last ones to come in lose all. Now, they are doing countdown for LLLL, shouting NNNN left! NNNN-1 left! NNNN-2 left!

bwhhisc
27th October 2007, 08:39 PM
Even DoT TV's are commanding X,XXX price tags in the shadows , according to bill there should be some showing on DNJ next week.

Not sure the sales will be published (at this moment) as buyer wishes to remain anonymous.
But I can tell you the .tv deals are in process of closing this week.
Buyer indicated they will reveal details about the project in the not too distant future when sites are up and running.

Rubber Duck
27th October 2007, 08:48 PM
Well, if Bill says it is happening, for me that is as good as DNJ. You won't get any flannel from him!

bwhhisc
27th October 2007, 08:53 PM
Sorry to be stepping on your sales thread Markits!
Maybe best to start a fresh one.

markits
28th October 2007, 02:58 AM
The problem is that I have been spending tens of thousands on idns including over $500 for single single Chinese char etc. When I am in need of some cash and try to sell some premiums but only to find that there is no interest, ie, no one else value these domains as I do. This is a sudden panic, a fear of loss of a great deal of times and $$.

zenmarketing
28th October 2007, 04:04 AM
Markits, it is not that nobody values them as you do, it's that there is not enough liquidity in the market now. Everyone is domain heavy and cash light.

seamo
28th October 2007, 04:26 AM
Markits, it is not that nobody values them as you do, it's that there is not enough liquidity in the market now. Everyone is domain heavy and cash light.
Agreed

They are awesome IDN's Markits...just because no one is buying doesn't mean they aren't valuable.

The glut of Chinese domains on the forum in the last 12 months have ensured it is a buyer's market in Chinese, rather than a seller's at the moment...IMO

Hang in there - these will payback in the long run.

IDNCowboy
28th October 2007, 04:28 AM
The major buyers including me have already spent tens of thousands of dollars on Snapnames. Many of us are just sitting and waiting for a bigger buyer for our own return.

markits
28th October 2007, 05:16 AM
Points taken. Thanks everyone.
Lack of liquidity certainly damages one's confidence. I had to opt out an agreed deal to buy a Chinese domain for $5k eventhough the seller agrees that I can pay $4k first and $1k later on. I know it damages my reputation but I'd rather join everyone sitting and waiting instead of ....Well the seller has just informed me that he understands my "situation" and is willing to negiotiate an alternative ways of "trading".

touchring
28th October 2007, 05:43 AM
Agreed

They are awesome IDN's Markits...just because no one is buying doesn't mean they aren't valuable.

The glut of Chinese domains on the forum in the last 12 months have ensured it is a buyer's market in Chinese, rather than a seller's at the moment...IMO

Hang in there - these will payback in the long run.

The glut is mostly for average to mediocre names. Good names are still hard to find and people ask for $XXXX. Even the chinese flippers would not sell their good names unless they get a good price.

seamo
28th October 2007, 08:07 AM
The glut is mostly for average to mediocre names...
Exactly.

As Bill alluded to earlier, sorting out the wheat from the chaff when you are not familiar with the language has made speculating on the Chinese aftermarket quite a risk.

Unfortunately this means good domains at fair prices will sometimes get overlooked...and good money will be wasted on very mediocre domains (the latter example is from personal experience)