PDA

View Full Version : "Goodbye IDN's" Sale

zenmarketing
29th October 2007, 06:21 AM
I am taking a break from IDN's to focus on my other web projects.

I will not be returning to this forum until 2008. I will not be registering any more IDN's or buying in the aftermarket until 2008. The IDN market is just too slow, to the point of being boring.

Here are some IDN's that I am willing to sell for the next 48 hours only:

销售.com - Sales.com $5000
金银.com - Bullion.com $2000
洗手间.com - Bathroom.com $1000
出口.net - Export.net $2000
公寓.net - Apartments.net $2000
公司.net - Company.net $5000
全球.net - Global.net $1000
看.com - Watch.com (Look, See) $3000
页.net - Page.net $1000
想.net - Think.net $1000
信用.net - Credit.net $1000
借记卡.com - DebitCard.com $500
IDN.org - $4000 (I know it's not an IDN, but it's related)

Prices not negotiable and I will only sell a maximum of 2.

If these don't sell, best wishes, and see you all in 2008.

haomi
29th October 2007, 06:25 AM
Some IDNs is very good.:)

markits
29th October 2007, 06:36 AM
Will you be staying if only one domain is sold or you are looking for selling all these?

I am thinking to point my CCcard traffic to you again. Your system is good.

Olney
29th October 2007, 06:54 AM
Hey Zen,
I understand your point & many of us see that there needs to be work in the local markets before the aftermarket fully opens.
For the first time I have an IDN site, there's a media company that owns a site related to it.
I went to one of their events recently, & not only did they correctly find my site, they are actually asking to collaborate with me on it & they put a link to it on their top page (& correctly also).
If these project managers of media related companies see & realize the strengths of IDNs, then they start to develop with them.
Last year we didn't have this (here).
We are still in the awareness stage here (At least in Tokyo), but they are catching on. Still you've already built your portfolio, you have time.

markits
29th October 2007, 06:58 AM
Oh my bad, you only want to sell a maximum of 2.

Rubber Duck
29th October 2007, 06:59 AM
Zen. The only investment more interesting than IDN at this point in time is Shorting the Dollar.

Olney, I don't think we are waiting for the Japanese to get it. They seem to have less momentum than ICANN, who are in the process of developing a Heath Robinson style machine to enable water to flow downhill!

jacksonm
29th October 2007, 09:51 AM
I am taking a break from IDN's to focus on my other web projects.

I will not be returning to this forum until 2008.

Which is what, 60 days away? Enjoy your break, matey.

touchring
29th October 2007, 10:10 AM
IDNs are like buying raw land with no infrastructure as opposed to buying houses which asciis are like. Raw land is illiquid, difficult to buy and also difficult to sell.

One can't rush to either buy or sell and expect to make money quickly. You either overpay or get underpaid! And by a big measure!

But once the utility companies lay water and electrical lines and the municipal government build roads to your land, you'll be selling by sq ft instead of by acre previously!

jacksonm
29th October 2007, 10:23 AM
IDNs are like buying raw land as opposed to buying houses which asciis are like.

Care to elaborate on the foundation of that analogy?

blackops
29th October 2007, 10:43 AM
Care to elaborate on the foundation of that analogy?

Think the idea is that the value of ascii is pretty much known and established, whereas idn has a far greater potential upside (i.e. the vacant plot of land, where a townhouse or skyscraper could be built).

I like touchring's analogy - makes a lot of sense :-)

zenmarketing
30th October 2007, 08:04 PM
Good points everyone.

Sale closed.

We'll see where the market heads. See you all in a couple months.

Joe

Rubber Duck
30th October 2007, 08:16 PM
Bored? maybe.

Seeing the futility of selling at the present time? Now, I think that is a lot more likely.

Good points everyone.

Sale closed.

We'll see where the market heads. See you all in a couple months.

Joe

touchring
31st October 2007, 01:08 AM
Think the idea is that the value of ascii is pretty much known and established, whereas idn has a far greater potential upside (i.e. the vacant plot of land, where a townhouse or skyscraper could be built).

I like touchring's analogy - makes a lot of sense :-)

Waiting for M$ to roll out IE7 is like waiting for the utilities company in a 3rd world country to lay the electrical lines!