PDA

View Full Version : webnamesolution.com misusing whois data to market names caught on snap

jacksonm
29th October 2007, 11:02 AM
Seems that somebody caught the .com from snap for one of my .nets and then tried to sell it to me with an automated spam:

XXX for sale

Limited Time Offer...!!!

The domain XXX is for sale exclusively by webnamesolution.com. Hurry and take advantage of this limited time special offer
$199.95 USD.

Domain Name: XXX
Price: $199.95 USD

To purchase this domain and take advantage of this Special Offer click on the link below:
WWW.WEBNAMESOLUTION.COM/PURCHASE

Thank you for your interest.
sales@webnamesolution.com

Webname Solution
1256 Guy St. - Montreal, QC H3H 2L3 CA

mulligan
29th October 2007, 11:20 AM
Very common with these guys

Rubber Duck
29th October 2007, 11:21 AM
Not so fast. Usually the names they promote are unregistered. They just identify them as available and try to pre-sell them. These guys can be a very useful free research tool!

Seems that somebody caught the .com from snap for one of my .nets and then tried to sell it to me with an automated spam:

jacksonm
29th October 2007, 11:29 AM
Not so fast. Usually the names they promote are unregistered. They just identify them as available and try to pre-sell them. These guys can be a very useful free research tool!

Good point. Actually, the name is live on snap as we speak.

bramiozo
29th October 2007, 07:23 PM
Happened to me two times, same identity, same price and they were still in the snap procedure.

If I recall correctly this is related to an idnf'er.

IDNCowboy
29th October 2007, 11:09 PM
If I recall correctly this is related to an idnf'er.
how

bwhhisc
30th October 2007, 12:33 AM

You are right. I got a letter "selling" a .com which I was holding the .net
Turned out the .com was wide open and available for registration.