PDA

View Full Version : エッチ.com dropped yesterday

Clotho
11th March 2006, 08:16 PM
エッチ.com dropped yesterday and Job Collect didn't get it.

エッチ.com Ovt 634,446 Basically it is another term for sex. It is Ecchi or H which is short for Hentai.

Job Collect did get フライパン (Frying Pan) which I was interested in. :(

What I found interesting is that the drop didn't occur between 11am and 2am PST. At 5PM PST the drop still hadn't happened. Is this normal?

エッチ.com was Registered by a Joshua Lim. He must have one heckuva setup to beat out Job Collect. That name sounds familiar. Anyone recognize it?

touchring
11th March 2006, 08:25 PM
エッチ.com dropped yesterday and Job Collect didn't get it.

エッチ.com Ovt 634,446 Basically it is another term for sex. It is Ecchi or H which is short for Hentai.

Job Collect did get フライパン (Frying Pan) which I was interested in. :(

What I found interesting is that the drop didn't occur between 11am and 2am PST. At 5PM PST the drop still hadn't happened. Is this normal?

エッチ.com was Registered by a Joshua Lim. He must have one heckuva setup to beat out Job Collect. That name sounds familiar. Anyone recognize it?

That's me, i got that by luck, 90% of the time, i lose the top domain to jobcollect, including cellphone.com and qatar.net the previous 2 days. Or maybe jobcollect didn't see エッチ.com, or maybe jobcollect went for FryingPan, it dropped first, he went for it, and so i took エッチ.com before he got a chance to register the next domain.

gammascalper
11th March 2006, 08:29 PM
Great name!

Ch-ching.

DavyBUK
11th March 2006, 08:31 PM
Great name !

Well done touchring :-)

David

thegenius1
11th March 2006, 08:32 PM
That's me, i got that by luck, 90% of the time, i lose the top domain to jobcollect, including cellphone.com and qatar.net the previous 2 days. Or maybe jobcollect didn't see エッチ.com.

AHA so you are the guy that mad me mad today when i see that you snatched up 垃圾邮件.com yesterday errrrr :) its cool i had it on my list for 2 months dont know why i never took it >>> oh the term is SPAM in simp chinese

touchring
11th March 2006, 08:38 PM
AHA so you are the guy that mad me mad today when i see that you snatched up 垃圾邮件.com yesterday errrrr :) its cool i had it on my list for 2 months dont know why i never took it >>> oh the term is SPAM in simp chinese

It's "junk mail", not spam. I regged it because i saw the report on circleid on china's junk mail control policy. The .cn version is still available.

thegenius1
11th March 2006, 08:41 PM
It's "junk mail", not spam. I regged it because i saw the report on circleid on china's junk mail control policy. The .cn version is still available.

Yes its composed as junk mail but i believe this is the term they use for SPAM of which " junk mail " is.... This term was on a chinese top 20 words list a few years back, thats where i got my weblog from,

Clotho
11th March 2006, 09:04 PM
That's me, i got that by luck, 90% of the time, i lose the top domain to jobcollect, including cellphone.com and qatar.net the previous 2 days. Or maybe jobcollect didn't see エッチ.com, or maybe jobcollect went for FryingPan, it dropped first, he went for it, and so i took エッチ.com before he got a chance to register the next domain.

YAY! Right on Touchring! Congratulations are in order!

touchring
11th March 2006, 09:04 PM
There's no equivalent of spam in chinese - people just use the english word "spam". 垃圾邮件 is a marginally popular word at US OVT 34.

简体中文网页中,约有 287,000 项符合spam site:*.cn的查询结果,以下是第 1 - 10 项。

简体中文网页中,约有 963,000 项符合"垃圾邮件" site:*.cn的查询结果,以下是第 1 - 10 项。

kenne
11th March 2006, 09:07 PM
congratulations touchring - great catch!

gammascalper
11th March 2006, 09:13 PM

In my limited experience with drops, they seem to happen between 11:15 and 2:40pm.

Very often I don't even see good ones display as "available". My guess is I was just too slow, not that they didn't drop.

touchring
11th March 2006, 09:16 PM
congratulations touchring - great catch!

Thks, i didn't know it was exactly before. Now i know, it's the H in H片.

btw, another one of us took the .net. :)

IDNCowboy
11th March 2006, 09:25 PM
ah you're the josh lim i contacted in the past ;P

I always thought the drops happen at 2PM EST? When do they really happen?

rhys
12th March 2006, 12:45 AM
That is a freakin' dream domain Touchring! Good on you. Just for fun let's put it up on the appraisal poll, we need to discuss examples of domains low and high to get better understanding of how everyone values domains in general.

I might be inspired to start looking at the drops now...incidentally, what poor bastard let it drop?

IDNCowboy
12th March 2006, 01:36 AM
That is a freakin' dream domain Touchring! Good on you. Just for fun let's put it up on the appraisal poll, we need to discuss examples of domains low and high to get better understanding of how everyone values domains in general.

I might be inspired to start looking at the drops now...incidentally, what poor bastard let it drop?
All this week there have been 0-3 good drops/day... touchring is quite lucky

It looks like the good drops are drying up finally :( as more news keeps getting released on IDNS... everyone is renewing and holding onto them.

bramiozo
12th March 2006, 10:19 AM
a mr. Paul gordon got the .net which also dropped..

alpha
30th September 2012, 09:14 AM
bump.
funny thread here.

funny because all the ppl in the whois mentioned here were unknown to the others in the thread, and even a mysterious Job Collect

yanni
30th September 2012, 09:43 AM
Hah, I had to think twice about who Paul Gordon was...gay hippie bastard :)

BTW, no nameservers on エッチ com. Has touchring fallen asleep at the wheel or is it intentional?

alpha
30th September 2012, 09:49 AM
Hah, I had to think twice about who Paul Gordon was...gay hippie bastard :)

lol, of course, i forgot you met him...

BTW, no nameservers on エッチ com. Has touchring fallen asleep at the wheel or is it intentional?

IDN .jps get virtually no traffic. But my .jp of that name gets a ton of traffic. I can assume he is missing out on a load more.

haven't seen him here for a while.. maybe this bump will wake him from his sleep

squirrel
30th September 2012, 12:13 PM
He's got a load more of domains with no nameservers. Incl. some excellent arabic ones. I think they're all at domainsite ..

alpha
30th September 2012, 12:54 PM
He's got a load more of domains with no nameservers. Incl. some excellent arabic ones. I think they're all at domainsite ..

if you were concerned about PPC showing infringing ads on your valuable names, then that would explain it I guess - personally I'd at least route via my server so i can measure traffic levels.

squirrel
30th September 2012, 01:53 PM
I think it has more to do with domainsite/name.com removing NS records when the names expire.

yanni
30th September 2012, 02:42 PM
I think it has more to do with domainsite/name.com removing NS records when the names expire.

Nah, domainsite switches to their nameservers and shows parking pages when they expire.

yanni
30th September 2012, 02:44 PM
I think touchring's last appearance here was he sold "Sochi". No?

alpha
30th September 2012, 02:47 PM

could be. Last Activity: 30th January 2012

note to self,
1. bulk check his domains to see if he's letting any drop.
2. email him to see if he is ok

;)

Jay
30th September 2012, 02:51 PM
note to self,
1. bulk check his domains to see if he's letting any drop.
2. email him to see if he is ok

;)

LOL! That's the correct priority.

30th September 2012, 02:55 PM
I Believe Sochi sold on IDNChannel in 2008? Time flies when you are looking at it that way. One more year.

yanni
30th September 2012, 03:06 PM
I Believe Sochi sold on IDNChannel in 2008? Time flies when you are looking at it that way. One more year.

Yea, it seems like it was just yesterday; forgot about IDNchannel.

seesawgame
30th September 2012, 03:44 PM
エッチ.com and エロ.com which more valuable?

squirrel
30th September 2012, 03:53 PM
Nah, domainsite switches to their nameservers and shows parking pages when they expire.

what happens when you renew ?

because he's got a bunch of names expiring 2013 and beyond that have no NS records.. anyways someone should check with him

alpha
30th September 2012, 04:03 PM
エッチ com and エロ com which more valuable?

in todays market for names like that, the one thats gets the most traffic

what is the traffic levels of エロ ?

thegenius1
30th September 2012, 05:28 PM
エッチ.com and エロ.com which more valuable?

The one that a buyer agrees to pay more for :-D

seesawgame
30th September 2012, 07:51 PM
in todays market for names like that, the one thats gets the most traffic

what is the traffic levels of エロ ?

Natural traffic about 400IPs per week, and xx income every month. :)

Drewbert
4th November 2012, 10:30 PM
And perhaps more relevantly, has anyone heard from Joshua?

TrafficDomainer
4th November 2012, 11:35 PM
And perhaps more relevantly, has anyone heard from Joshua?

He let mobilephone.com (โทรศัพท์มือถือ.com ) in Thai dropped and it was snapped by a member here at $3,160 about a year and a half ago. Tried contacting him but never heard back. It looks like he lost interest in IDNs as he dropped a lot of them. Hope Joshua is doing well.

squirrel
5th November 2012, 12:15 AM
Tried contacting him but never heard back.

When was that ? At the time of the drop ?

thegenius1
5th November 2012, 12:42 AM
H It looks like he lost interest in IDNs as he dropped a lot of them. Hope Joshua is doing well.

I see he has at least renewed alot of his names out until 2015.

TrafficDomainer
5th November 2012, 01:52 AM
When was that ? At the time of the drop ?

Yes

I see he has at least renewed alot of his names out until 2015.

I see. So perhaps he was just culling his names then. Quite a number of good to great Thai IDNs that he has dropped though.

seesawgame
18th April 2023, 02:44 PM
エッチ.com

I got it! :lol:

Kent99
19th April 2023, 10:28 PM
Nice. Did it just drop again?

seesawgame
20th April 2023, 10:53 AM
Nice. Did it just drop again?

NO, Expired auction to get it. :-D