PDA

View Full Version : October Parking Stats

burnsinternet
29th October 2007, 09:50 PM
October has already topped September with another record month in PPC revenue. Russian, Swedish, Polish, and Japanese were my top earners (in that order). Russian, as always, is my top earner with about 2/3 of all PPC earnings. Russian earnings are up about 25% over September so far. September Russian earnings were up 50% over August. Polish & Japanese saw sharp earnings increases, while Swedish earnings are flat.

burnsinternet
2nd November 2007, 12:23 PM
Well, October ended with a bang! Japanese ended up 3rd over Polish.... Russian and Swedish rule!

And Nov 1st was the probably the best single day ever. Very strange and very welcome. 30% CTR overall that day, too. Not bad.

jacksonm
2nd November 2007, 12:49 PM
And Nov 1st was the probably the best single day ever. Very strange and very welcome. 30% CTR overall that day, too. Not bad.

Yes, I noticed the same, and it's still going on for me. Chinese leading the pack with 100% CTR.

I'm getting 47% overall CTR, and already earned more than half of October's revenue.

markits
2nd November 2007, 12:49 PM
I wish I had some Russian idns.

thefabfive
2nd November 2007, 01:01 PM
Yes, October was a banner month. Not quite the best but very nearly. Russian leading the pack, followed by Farsi and Japanese (!).

Several languages hit all-time highs, in terms of clicks, like Russian, Swedish, and Portuguese.

I going to go out on a limb and say that the number of domains paying for themselves in October was up 100% from Sept (on an annualized basis). Parking revenue only.

Enjoy.

burnsinternet
2nd November 2007, 02:27 PM
I wish I had some Russian idns.

I assume you are kidding? I thought everyone had Russian IDNs.

The floodgates opened yesterday and the traffic is continuing to flow - Not just Russian et al. Greek, French, Spanish, Arabic... This is really wierd. No bots. Real traffic. In the last few hours I have had nearly have the clicks as yesterday. Anyone else?

IDNCowboy
2nd November 2007, 02:38 PM
I assume you are kidding? I thought everyone had Russian IDNs.

The floodgates opened yesterday and the traffic is continuing to flow - Not just Russian et al. Greek, French, Spanish, Arabic... This is really wierd. No bots. Real traffic. In the last few hours I have had nearly have the clicks as yesterday. Anyone else?
I have like one russian ;p Fax dot com lol
but who the hell uses a fax nowadays ;)

burnsinternet
2nd November 2007, 02:45 PM
I have like one russian ;p Fax dot com lol
but who the hell uses a fax nowadays ;)

LOL! I have the dot net. Must be a cowboy thang.

Our company lives and dies by faxes. Healthcare, Insurance, Law, etc. Faxes and couriers...

markits
2nd November 2007, 03:20 PM
I do find the traffic increase a bit weird. All visits, regardless the domain language, are originated from America and all clicks are $0.11 each.

burnsinternet
2nd November 2007, 03:26 PM
Very few of mine are North American.

jacksonm
2nd November 2007, 03:31 PM
I do find the traffic increase a bit weird. All visits, regardless the domain language, are originated from America and all clicks are $0.11 each.

How do you know they originate from America, unless they use the search box on your parked page? AFAIK, that's the only way ND will indicate where traffic originates from.

markits
2nd November 2007, 03:34 PM
You can click the Setting button to view traffic origin. BTW, only the North America clicks have the default value of $0.11.

You can click the Setting button to view traffic origin. BTW, only the North America clicks have the default value of $0.11.

Also, default value for Europe click: $0.10;
default value for Asia click: $0.03 (including China, Japan etc);

jacksonm
2nd November 2007, 03:37 PM

Also, default value for Europe click: $0.10;
default value for Asia click: $0.03 (including China, Japan etc);

Ah, right.

Thanks.

burnsinternet
2nd November 2007, 03:38 PM
You can sort by region on views, clicks, and searches. It is the dropdown at the top of the list.

This is fun to watch the numbers go up as I refresh. Like the fantasies I had in 2005. Strange. I feel like it is not real. Strange. Is this really going to continue? I am glad to see that I am not the only one. Russian stats are going insane right now. Polish, French, Arabic, Greek, Spanish.... Strange.

I have a few VERY good domains in Greek. It is nice to see them viewed from Europe. Did someone put out a press release lately? Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

jacksonm
2nd November 2007, 03:41 PM
I have a few VERY good domains in Greek. It is nice to see them viewed from Europe. Did someone put out a press release lately? Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Maybe it's coming from ICANN in LA :-)

burnsinternet
2nd November 2007, 04:12 PM
I was hoping there was a link. Maybe a press release? Good karma? Telepathy?

markits
2nd November 2007, 06:03 PM
Even Chinese dot biz name is getting America traffic and clicks now. Weird, absolutely.

jacksonm
2nd November 2007, 06:08 PM
Even Chinese dot biz name is getting America traffic and clicks now. Weird, absolutely.

Same here.

burnsinternet
2nd November 2007, 06:10 PM
Just noticed this: My Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Korean.... all untouched. No traffic.

Markits, your IDNs are probably so good, you are seeing all the speculator traffic. I am not. Almost nothing from N America.

However, I am getting more than the usual traffic to geo domains, so maybe that is the European speculator?

jacksonm
2nd November 2007, 06:13 PM
OK, ND must be adjusting. They just now changed the initial PPC much lower for the clicks that happened today, effectively reducing the revenue by 66%, but the traffic still shows as North America.

Perhaps they are having problem with their GEOIP system.

Steve Clarke
2nd November 2007, 06:35 PM
My revenue yesterday, was double of what it usually is.

Mostly Russian, Greek, Czech.

Hopefully a continuing trend.

Rubber Duck
2nd November 2007, 06:51 PM
I think all of the increase can be attributed to North America.

It must be ASCII Domainers that went to ICANN?

They also seem very focused on Geo-Combos.

yanni
2nd November 2007, 06:52 PM
I don't see any major differences in mine; traffic or earnings-wise.

Rubber Duck
2nd November 2007, 06:57 PM
I don't see any major differences in mine; traffic or earnings-wise.

I don't think you will unless you have Geo Domains and particularly Geo Combos.

yanni
2nd November 2007, 07:01 PM
I don't think you will unless you have Geo Domains and particularly Geo Combos.

:)

I don't park all of those. I send most of them to my travel site; I haven't looked at stats yet.

burnsinternet
2nd November 2007, 07:01 PM
My Russian domains are doing very well right now. The rest is primarily Geo except for Greek. Almost nothing from N America. I guess it depends on your mix.

thegenius1
2nd November 2007, 07:11 PM
They can look all they want , but our Geo Combos are not for sale individually. Talk 7 figures or just browse.

jacksonm
2nd November 2007, 07:32 PM
They also seem very focused on Geo-Combos.

Not the case for me. I have been equally hit across all languages and all genres, even ascii.

I will bypass my entire click count for last month within a few hours. Let's see how the PPC averages out after the two day wait.

Rubber Duck
2nd November 2007, 07:59 PM
Put your bows and arrows away boys and girls.

Move to the shelters and prepare to repulse incoming. We just moved to Defcon1.

burnsinternet
2nd November 2007, 08:21 PM
I just see it as a lot of incoming IDN love.

Rubber Duck
2nd November 2007, 08:41 PM
I just see it as a lot of incoming IDN love.

Yeah, what to you see your Inbox! :p

Also if you have any unregistered lists get them sorted immediately.

burnsinternet
2nd November 2007, 08:57 PM
Yeah, what to you see your Inbox! :p

Also if you have any unregistered lists get them sorted immediately.

You would laugh if you knew how many I regged today. I made someone here feel better about himself because I went a little wild. Pretty good stuff, though, for Nov 2007.

Rubber Duck
2nd November 2007, 09:04 PM
You would laugh if you knew how many I regged today. I made someone here feel better about himself because I went a little wild. Pretty good stuff, though, for Nov 2007.

We are already close to yesterdays numbers with over half the clicks coming from North America. Those ASCII guys are going crazy.

I guess somebody just told them to start with an xn-- and then just add a random string after that. Do you think that somebody should explain about IDNA, as not all random strings will produce a valid registration. I guess most of them won't be going through an IDN Approved Registrar anyway. If you go through GoDaddy, you won't have all that language tag bollocks to worry about! :p

burnsinternet
2nd November 2007, 09:09 PM
Let 'em click all they want. Once they figure out that GoDaddy is not IDN-friendly, they will be lost.

jacksonm
2nd November 2007, 09:19 PM
I guess somebody just told them to start with an xn-- and then just add a random string after that.

I'm ready to sell them xn--idn.net

It is actually a Chinese character.

thegenius1
3rd November 2007, 02:43 AM

Im going to start a what you REG in Nov 07 thread LOL

Edwin
3rd November 2007, 02:45 AM
Could it be a new 'bot problem? There were a couple of cases a while back where Namedrive was failing to identify and filter out rogue bot traffic, and once they caught up all the extra traffic disappeared. Just speculating...

Fka200
3rd November 2007, 02:46 AM
Im going to start a what you REG in Nov 07 thread LOL

Picked up about 4 domains yesterday that I almost slapped myself for not realizing were open.

Rubber Duck
3rd November 2007, 02:57 AM
Could it be a new 'bot problem? There were a couple of cases a while back where Namedrive was failing to identify and filter out rogue bot traffic, and once they caught up all the extra traffic disappeared. Just speculating...

If it is a Bot, it knows exactly what it is looking for. It can only be under the control of a domain speculator mining for specific topics.

burnsinternet
3rd November 2007, 03:15 AM

When a bot hits my domains, it zips through them all with hundreds and hundreds of views in seconds. Usually all dot com, dot net, or whatever. This was too controlled and hit all the right ones multiple times. No bot.

Rubber Duck
3rd November 2007, 03:26 AM
Definitely some serious know how behind this and the only objective can be that of registering IDN in multiple languages across the board, although there may be more than one speculator involved.

burnsinternet
3rd November 2007, 03:55 AM
Going through today's Russian hits, it looks like some people or group is going through my top Yandex score domains and viewing them. Plenty, too, that are not yet indexed but are good strong domains. The singular and plurals are being viewed and sometimes clicked (mostly adult being clicked). Most of them have never been listed on this or any other forum. Some are very new, some are very old regs.

Hope this trend continues.

Rubber Duck
3rd November 2007, 03:59 AM
Actually all joking aside, could this be coming from Florida?

burnsinternet
3rd November 2007, 04:32 AM
Almost none of mine are from North America. I would say no (for me).

I am also getting almost nothing from Asia at all. Mostly Cyrillic & Latins with European sources. Arabics are from Asia & Europe. A couple from N America.

jacksonm
3rd November 2007, 09:24 AM
Actually all joking aside, could this be coming from Florida?

I'd say the game is on now, likely as a result of the recent ICANN "IDN Week" as well as IDNs being accepted into Moniker auctions.

Revenue and clicks already surpassed October's while I was sleeping.

Fka200
3rd November 2007, 09:36 AM
I went on a miniature buying spree. Things seem dried up as hell, but I think I found some winners tonight. 2:36AM... 1 more hour and I'm off 2 bed! Still a lot of "interesting" and "long term" investments available.

bwhhisc
3rd November 2007, 11:58 AM
Saw this posted at DNF...
QUOTE:
乱交.com (group sex in japanese) Oct 1st to 28th at NameDrive:
409 visits, 128 clicks, 31% CTR, $24.90 earnings

And the stats for months before October have been similar - traffic gradually increasing over time. Today I just switched 乱交.com over to an adult site to see what it does there.

Bottom line is some IDNs definitely have solid traffic and real value - 乱交.com, my top performer, made me a believer. END QUOTE

http://www.dnforum.com/f305/idns-dropping-like-flies-31-thread-187671.html#post1291975

A few other ascii domainers had their antennas go up after that post.

touchring
3rd November 2007, 01:42 PM
Today I just switched 乱交.com over to an adult site to see what it does there.

Interesting, is the adult site from DTI? Let us know if it does better there. :)

Oppsss, not your domain! :)

bwhhisc
3rd November 2007, 01:51 PM
Interesting, is the adult site from DTI? Let us know if it does better there. :) Oppsss, not your domain! :)

Nope not mine....I think the guy was at Namedrive and someone suggested he try SEDO parking.

Rubber Duck
3rd November 2007, 02:01 PM
No, but it used to be mine!

rhys
3rd November 2007, 02:09 PM
My namedrive domains have been performing well ever since they got indexed by google.jp back in August. Not breaking even but starting to pull their weight. A very noticeable improvement over October 2006 for parked domains.

How are people's developed domains doing relative to October 2006? Mine have a stark contrast due to the absence of yahoo.jp support.

markits
3rd November 2007, 02:16 PM
rhys,
My Japanese domains are the same as yours in trends.
I have high traffic domains in other languages. Some traffic data of mine has been posted here:
http://www.dnforum.com/f305/idns-dropping-like-flies-31-thread-187671.html

Rubber Duck
3rd November 2007, 02:21 PM
Incidentally, he did't mention anything about the Dot JP I sold him at the same time!

Saw this posted at DNF...
QUOTE:
乱交.com (group sex in japanese) Oct 1st to 28th at NameDrive:
409 visits, 128 clicks, 31% CTR, $24.90 earnings

And the stats for months before October have been similar - traffic gradually increasing over time. Today I just switched 乱交.com over to an adult site to see what it does there.

Bottom line is some IDNs definitely have solid traffic and real value - 乱交.com, my top performer, made me a believer. END QUOTE

http://www.dnforum.com/f305/idns-dropping-like-flies-31-thread-187671.html#post1291975

A few other ascii domainers had their antennas go up after that post.

touchring
3rd November 2007, 02:26 PM
No, but it used to be mine!

Ya, i saw it sold, it was a long time back! Didn't you park it before selling?? :o

Rubber Duck
3rd November 2007, 02:40 PM
Yes, of course I did, but he has obviously noticed a very significant spike in traffic recently. He has owned this and the JP for over 18 months. A lot has happen in that time, and a lot should have happened which will happen in the next few months.

bwhhisc
3rd November 2007, 02:49 PM
I have high traffic domains in other languages. Some traffic data of mine has been posted here:
http://www.dnforum.com/f305/idns-dropping-like-flies-31-thread-187671.html

I put one up as well...maybe a few others can add a few other languages.

markits
3rd November 2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks Bill.
I am sure there are high traffic idns owned by idnfers here. Please put up your stats there.