PDA

View Full Version : BuyIDN.com and BuyIDNs.com - any ideas for development?

talkie
30th October 2007, 12:30 AM
Hello all,

I do have both BuyIDN.com and BuyIDNs.com . I've been thinking of developing it, but since I am not mainly in the IDN market (got less than 10 IDN's myself), I do not know if it would be suitable.

Do you have any ideas? Would an IDN marketplace be suitable, and are there amongst you people who would venture up in establishing such a site?

Or what are my best alternatives?

Thanks for any positive comments.

Alex

Rubber Duck
30th October 2007, 12:44 AM
Difficult to commit to somebody who is clearly not committed themselves. Best sell it to someone who is, and don't look at me.

Hello all,

I do have both BuyIDN.com and BuyIDNs.com . I've been thinking of developing it, but since I am not mainly in the IDN market (got less than 10 IDN's myself), I do not know if it would be suitable.

Do you have any ideas? Would an IDN marketplace be suitable, and are there amongst you people who would venture up in establishing such a site?

Or what are my best alternatives?

Thanks for any positive comments.

Alex

talkie
30th October 2007, 12:47 AM
Well, I am not commited currently, but plan t invest more in IDN's soon. Just that I do not have the expertise some guys have in IDN's. Plus that I will invest only in the markets I somewhat know (Portuguese, Spanish, French).

But I got your point. And I don't look at you, even if your duck looks pretty nice :)

burnsinternet
30th October 2007, 12:53 AM
Those Latin markets were well-mined when I started back up in late 2005. I registered quite a few dot nets before moving on to other languages.

Even Japanese wasn't as stripmined as Spanish & French back in early 2006.

Good luck, some .orgs and .infos are still free.

Rubber Duck
30th October 2007, 12:54 AM
The point is with all domains, you have to address things from the browser's perspective. It is so tempting to just look at things from your own narrow view. I am mainly invested in languages where I can barely recognise more than a handful of characters. It is not really that important that I can understand what they mean, although it would be useful at times.

Well, I am not commited currently, but plan t invest more in IDN's soon. Just that I do not have the expertise some guys have in IDN's. Plus that I will invest only in the markets I somewhat know (Portuguese, Spanish, French).

But I got your point. And I don't look at you, even if your duck looks pretty nice :)

thegenius1
30th October 2007, 12:58 AM
Well, I am not commited currently, but plan t invest more in IDN's soon. Just that I do not have the expertise some guys have in IDN's.

Well we @ IDNconsulting.com can help you if you want to get your feet wet in Japanese. But i will say we are not cheap. But we will be alot cheaper then buying IDN's on the after market if you wait to long.

talkie
30th October 2007, 01:01 AM
Well, I will not invest in other tld than .com. I would invest in .net if I would go for Arabic IDN's as I've heard from some Arabic friends that they are used to the .net.

Anyway, I entered domaining and still found regfee names that make me $2 per month. Even if people told me that this is nearly impossible with non TM names. So I am confident I will succeed with IDN's too, (only if I put a lot a lot of research in it)

Anyway back on topic, do you think a marketplace for IDN's is suitable ATM. Or I would do better with these domains selling to a big IDN investor who would market it as their site, a site like BuyDomains has?

IDNCowboy
30th October 2007, 01:01 AM
Startup capital now to get good IDN's is $50,000

Contact me to setup an appointment to discuss ;-)
That should get you approximately 2 good IDN's and an hour of talk

thegenius1
30th October 2007, 01:06 AM
Startup capital now to get good IDN's is $50,000

Contact me to setup an appointment to discuss ;-)
That should get you approximately 2 good IDN's and an hour of talk

Yup you are trying to copy my blueprint huh LOL

Rubber Duck
30th October 2007, 01:11 AM
Well I could do you a couple for that and would spare you the lecture. :p

burnsinternet
30th October 2007, 01:21 AM
Well, I will not invest in other tld than .com. I would invest in .net if I would go for Arabic IDN's as I've heard from some Arabic friends that they are used to the .net.

Good luck in your search for Latin IDN.coms. You should probably just go comb the Arabic dot nets before they are gone. Friendly advice.