PDA

View Full Version : The deadline for submitting domains for the Adult and T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Auctions is next

Rubber Duck
31st October 2007, 06:12 PM
Jan 08 – The Internext Expo, adult domain auction is January 13 -15th, 2008 in Las Vegas. For event details and to register to attend, please click here: Register

Feb 08 - The next T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Conference / Auction, generic domain is February 18 – 29th,

We are really looking for headline premier domains for both auctions!

I have no idea whether you can actually get into these, but I have been exchanging emails with Moniker over the last few days, and I can tell you that they are very interested in IDN at the present time. Much of course still depends on the attitudes of the host to these events.

IDNCowboy
31st October 2007, 06:52 PM
I have no idea whether you can actually get into these, but I have been exchanging emails with Moniker over the last few days, and I can tell you that they are very interested in IDN at the present time. Much of course still depends on the attitudes of the host to these events.
None made it last time -
They don't want our names - nor will they sell for alot of $

phio
31st October 2007, 07:04 PM
I have a few adult names (non-idn) and some (idn's) I would like to submit. Where do I find info regarding submission. Thanks!

jacksonm
31st October 2007, 07:30 PM
I have a few adult names (non-idn) and some (idn's) I would like to submit. Where do I find info regarding submission. Thanks!

Contact Don Lyons:

Don Lyons <don@corp.moniker.com>

Rubber Duck
31st October 2007, 07:57 PM
None made it last time -
They don't want our names - nor will they sell for alot of $

It was just a polite reminder. Not an invitation to make assinine remarks.

Obviously, if some IDN do sell at Associated Cities this will change a lot of peoples perceptions.

jacksonm
31st October 2007, 08:01 PM
Obviously, if some IDN do sell at Associated Cities this will change a lot of peoples perceptions.

A rising tide lifts all boats :-)

domainguru
31st October 2007, 08:16 PM
If its and ands were pots and pans ....

Rubber Duck
31st October 2007, 08:25 PM
If its and ands were pots and pans ....

Possibly, but the point is there are deadlines to meet, so if you wait and see you are not going to get into next auctions coming up. Moniker may react to the results of Associated Cities. Sellers do not have that option, they will need to submit prior to that auction.

domainguru
31st October 2007, 08:32 PM
Possibly, but the point is there are deadlines to meet, so if you wait and see you are not going to get into next auctions coming up. Moniker may react to the results of Associated Cities. Sellers do not have that option, they will need to submit prior to that auction.

I wish you luck, but all the same, boring arguments apply.

I don't believe the Florida brigade are going to get interested until there are proven type-ins plus some resolution of the IDN TLD question. And all their "followers" won't get interested until their great leaders start buying.

So the market, for now, is "us lot", plus locals. When that changes to be "domainers in general" I will be standing next to you cheering, but I don't see any signs it will happen yet.

Do you really think just by putting a name up for auction at TRAFFIC you will reach a whole new buying audience? All these people have heard of IDNs and Snapnames you know. Why do you think they will suddenly start buying for big money. I just don't see it happening yet.

Rubber Duck
31st October 2007, 08:38 PM
All this may be true. But if they are going to have a visible change of heart it has to happen somewhere.

As I have said before, if they wait for the TRAFFIC to arrive some of us will have lost interest in auctions by then.

There is a growing awareness and some of lieutenants have been at ICANN this week, so they might come back with a different perspective. It is a job to tell who the real opinion formers are in this group.

And of course a lot of them will be preoccuppied with the new L-L-L craze.

I wish you luck, but all the same, boring arguments apply.

I don't believe the Florida brigade are going to get interested until there are proven type-ins plus some resolution of the IDN TLD question. And all their "followers" won't get interested until their great leaders start buying.

So the market, for now, is "us lot", plus locals. When that changes to be "domainers in general" I will be standing next to you cheering, but I don't see any signs it will happen yet.

Do you really think just by putting a name up for auction at TRAFFIC you will reach a whole new buying audience? All these people have heard of IDNs and Snapnames you know. Why do you think they will suddenly start buying for big money. I just don't see it happening yet.

domainguru
31st October 2007, 08:44 PM
As I have said before, if they wait for the TRAFFIC to arrive some of us will have lost interest in auctions by then.

True enough. You may not sell then, nor will I, but plenty others will, and the big ASCII players have the funds to buy out all but the most stubborn portfolio holders, even if decent type-ins appear.

So the risk/reward balance remains the same, and I still see the big players as having plenty of time, allbeit they will have to pay a premium compared with 2007 prices, but let's face it, 2007 prices are pure pants.

But yeah, you are right, better to keep testing and probing for changes in the market.

Rubber Duck
31st October 2007, 08:52 PM
Unfortunately, at this critical time the Western Press is dominated by the departure of Vint Cerf.

The issues that are taken home to Russia, China, Japan and the Middle East, will be much more concrete. Most of these people won't know who he is/was and probably care even less.

Wot
1st November 2007, 12:40 AM

Too early for IDN as yet imo , they have enough trouble getting through the "live" ascii list - and a "silent" idn! - I think they need a lot more knowledge in the pot before they go there.

I do however believe a large proportion of the future of sales idn/ascii will be through such roadshows as more and more orgs realise the money to be made.

Sold five ascii at the last Moniker/traffic auction so I am a real believer.

RD , did you , anybody, get any IDN in the upcoming geo auction?

Rubber Duck
1st November 2007, 12:47 AM
Contractually prohibited from commenting, but the lists should be published soon.

Too early for IDN as yet imo , they have enough trouble getting through the "live" ascii list - and a "silent" idn! - I think they need a lot more knowledge in the pot before they go there.

I do however believe a large proportion of the future of sales idn/ascii will be through such roadshows as more and more orgs realise the money to be made.

Sold five ascii at the last Moniker/traffic auction so I am a real believer.

RD , did you , anybody, get any IDN in the upcoming geo auction?

Wot
1st November 2007, 12:58 AM
Contractually prohibited from commenting, but the lists should be published soon.

That's pretty weird , not really the way to publicize if they won't let those sellers with names in the auctions shout about and promote them - reverse publicity ?

Ah, well- obviously things have changed in marketing since my day!

And they need to be published soon , auction in 14 days ? - cutting it fine already although I have quite a few ascii geo confirmed but no contract on mine , must be the low quality!