PDA

View Full Version : Why has sentiment changed so abruptly in october?

touchring
1st November 2007, 05:29 PM
The stock market plunge in august, the credit crunch in september didn't derail sentiments, but why has sentiments plunged in october? Christmas blues or the weather??

Drewbert
1st November 2007, 05:49 PM
Reality sinking in for denialists?

Rubber Duck
1st November 2007, 05:56 PM
It is tough sleeping on the side-walk in November!

touchring
1st November 2007, 06:13 PM
Reality sinking in for denialists?

Really? The economic stats are well, jobs up, wages up.

U.S. Economy Is Cooling After Third-Quarter Growth Surge, Reports Suggest
http://bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aQe_UBaT7BA8&refer=home

Or is it because of Halloween? Or was it because of the domain rate hike - maxed us out. :o

Rubber Duck
1st November 2007, 08:02 PM
Ah, you talking about domains?

Well if you are that depressed just chuck a few of your Chinese Cities on Auction cheap and watch them walk out of the door.

touchring
2nd November 2007, 03:31 AM
Domains is due to google price keeps going up while the PPC they give out drop - frustration.

I'm talking about general us sentiments. There has been a change sometime in october.

Chinese cities are about the best long term idn investments around. Most major chinese cities got their own language (dialect), culture, and ethicity.

Rubber Duck
2nd November 2007, 05:42 AM
Traffic is way up this month. :p

Wot
2nd November 2007, 07:51 AM

Yep, even mine , and I bought a couple of goodies- my opinion of course. :)

jacksonm
2nd November 2007, 07:57 AM

I don't know what happened in the past 8 hours, but I got an amazing amount of traffic across my entire portfolio at ND. In 8 hours, I got 30% of the amount of clicks I got for the entire month of October. It was spread out, too, so I don't really suspect any type of bogus activity.

Drewbert
2nd November 2007, 09:07 AM
Someone was moving something around in the ND server room, and disconnected the fudge box by mistake?

jacksonm
2nd November 2007, 09:19 AM
Someone was moving something around in the ND server room, and disconnected the fudge box by mistake?

There's probably more truth in that than we know...

Rubber Duck
2nd November 2007, 10:32 AM
Clicks were up about 100%. Overall CTR was 22%.

burnsinternet
2nd November 2007, 01:21 PM
I don't know what happened in the past 8 hours, but I got an amazing amount of traffic across my entire portfolio at ND. In 8 hours, I got 30% of the amount of clicks I got for the entire month of October. It was spread out, too, so I don't really suspect any type of bogus activity.

Same thing. Everything looks legit, too. Amazing traffic and best day ever Nov 1st!

jacksonm
2nd November 2007, 01:28 PM
Same thing. Everything looks legit, too. Amazing traffic and best day ever Nov 1st!

If this keeps up, sentiment will be changing abruptly in November!

Rubber Duck
2nd November 2007, 01:29 PM
If this keeps up, sentiment will be changing abruptly in November!

Much of it could be down to the Christmas Advertising budgets kicking in. Good but perhaps largely seasonal.

burnsinternet
2nd November 2007, 02:29 PM
I am still wondering what the heck you were talking about when you started this thread. Did you mean the one day downturn in stocks? Traffic is tail-kicking right now.

touchring
2nd November 2007, 04:04 PM
I am still wondering what the heck you were talking about when you started this thread. Did you mean the one day downturn in stocks? Traffic is tail-kicking right now.

Investor sentiment not so good. But gold is doing fine, $800! Yeh! :)