PDA

View Full Version : Another Geographical Blunder

Rubber Duck
3rd November 2007, 04:25 PM
US Vice-President Dick Cheney has made a geographical gaffe during a foreign policy speech, appearing to confuse Peru with Venezuela...

He made the faux pas on Friday while addressing a lunch meeting of the Dallas-based World Affairs Council, which describes itself as an organisation set up to educate citizens on international affairs. :eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7076907.stm

With him and Bush in charge, you certainly don't want to live anywhere that might be "confusingly similar". I wouldn't want to be nuked simply because they got in a muddle. :mad:

IDNCowboy
3rd November 2007, 04:58 PM
US Vice-President Dick Cheney has made a geographical gaffe during a foreign policy speech, appearing to confuse Peru with Venezuela...

He made the faux pas on Friday while addressing a lunch meeting of the Dallas-based World Affairs Council, which describes itself as an organisation set up to educate citizens on international affairs. :eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7076907.stm

With him and Bush in charge, you certainly don't want to live anywhere that might be "confusingly similar". I wouldn't want to be nuked simply because they got in a muddle. :mad:
You must really love the U.K... - I should start posting daily news stories about how bad the U.K. really is... ;-)

Rubber Duck
3rd November 2007, 05:03 PM
You must really love the U.K... - I should start posting daily news stories about how bad the U.K. really is... ;-)

Not really, I moan about our government on a daily basis, but at least the people in charge of our nuclear weapons don't appear to be completely delusional.

jacksonm
3rd November 2007, 05:05 PM
Not really, I moan about our government on a daily basis, but at least the people in charge of our nuclear weapons don't appear to be completely delusional.

That's "nucular" weapons, mister.

Rubber Duck
3rd November 2007, 05:08 PM
I would be more reassured if they put Homer in charge. :p