PDA

View Full Version : My Own Personal GeoDomain 2007 Expo Auction

jose
4th November 2007, 05:56 PM
The post in here is a little different from the other forums, since I am an IDN addict.

To be honest with you, one of the aims of this project is also to lure asciiers into my IDNs. They should and will admit, sooner or later, that the top geo domain is LocalLangueGeoPlace.com and not Lisbon.net, for instance! Having said that, here goes the bulk post:

As you know, the 2007 GeoDomain Expo, the largest and most important gathering to date of the owners of the most lucrative properties on the Web, will be held November 15 to November 17 in San Francisco, CA. Associated Cities is to host a live auction presented by Moniker. The list of domains on auction has been posted on their site.
(http://marketplacepro.moniker.com/auction/detail.html?auction_id=182)
Just in case, I tried running my domain checking script on their extensive list, to see what will come out of it. To my surprise, I found that a great number of .net domains where still available! CityGuideBooks.info for instance, which is being offered with an opening bid range of $5,001 to $10,000, still had the .net available! Other examples are Samoas.us or SantoDomingoDominicanRepublic.tv which also had the .net tld free! This last one is being offered with an opening bid range of $100,001 to $250,000!!!

So, I got the best of these domains and created the site GeographicalDomains.net. There is a widely accepted rule among Domainers of the 10% .com to .net tld price ratio. Therefore all domains with more than $1 reserve on the GeoDomain auction are being offered at a 10% price of their entry bid! Others have very low prices.

More info on GeographicalDomains.net (http://www.GeographicalDomains.net) (Hurry up to visit there and get the list of still free domains before others do)

Opinions?

Note: Posted on multiple forums at the same time.

What do you think of my IDNs posted there? How about the prices? Those are real prices, not the discount prices we are used to see here.

I am expecting this to make some noise. Let’s see what comes out of it.

thegenius1
4th November 2007, 06:02 PM
Very Clever

jose
4th November 2007, 06:09 PM
Very Clever

Thanks!

chineseidn
5th November 2007, 02:16 AM
Nice, very nice.

I also like the viral part by offering domain discounts in exchange for reviews and I hadn't seen Stumble being applied this way. Quite smart and feel free to send me that script:)

jose
5th November 2007, 02:56 AM
Nice, very nice.

I also like the viral part by offering domain discounts in exchange for reviews and I hadn't seen Stumble being applied this way. Quite smart and feel free to send me that script:)

Thanks. Funny thing is that I have been receiving more PM on all forums about the script itself than about the content itself. The Internet does feed itself. I have to start selling more shovels and stop digging for gold.

mgrohan
5th November 2007, 02:56 AM
Nice site, Great idea :)

chineseidn
5th November 2007, 03:03 AM
Selling shovels can be a good thing sometimes. After which you can start digging for even more gold:)

jose
5th November 2007, 03:11 AM
From this thread: "clever", "smart", "nice", "great"

I just wonder: Why don't I get rich? LOL

thegenius1
5th November 2007, 03:14 AM
From this thread: "clever", "smart", "nice", "great"

I just wonder: Why don't I get rich? LOL

IDN+Patience= Riches

Our day is coming !

Wot
5th November 2007, 05:16 AM
As I said elsewhere, most of the names are crap anyway, with some great exceptions. :)

However, I do like the idea and I had done the same thing with dnjournal "sold' lists and picked up some goodies.

This I have done manually so a scripted attempt may well yield some gems - go for it - 10 percent ? ;)

thegenius1
5th November 2007, 02:57 PM
Jose maybe you should actually go to the Expo with a shirt on that says " ALL Your Dot Net Belong To Us" and attempt to sell them there. You probaly will be able to unload most of them.

jose
6th November 2007, 12:33 AM
Jose maybe you should actually go to the Expo with a shirt on that says " ALL Your Dot Net Belong To Us" and attempt to sell them there. You probaly will be able to unload most of them.

I have Laugh Out Loud a lot before with some posts on this forum, but I must say this beats all the others hands down. Damn Genious, I keep imagining myself strolling around from room to room with that t-shirt, they staring at me and I just go "Hello! Wassup?!". And on the back IDN.IDN, lol.

If only I wasn't so far away. Will anyone from here go?

thegenius1
6th November 2007, 12:47 AM
I have Laugh Out Loud a lot before with some posts on this forum, but I must say this beats all the others hands down. Damn Genious, I keep imagining myself strolling around from room to room with that t-shirt, they staring at me and I just go "Hello! Wassup?!". And on the back IDN.IDN, lol.

Dude you have to go , sell a IDN to finance the trip.

I tell you what you pay for my airfare & put 250 towards the confercance fee i'll go and broker them for you for a small %.

I'll even pay for my own T-shirt :)

Hell go register AllYourNetAreBelongToUs.com

zenmarketing
6th November 2007, 01:01 AM

50% chance I will go. I live in the area so I will decide at the last minute.

Drewbert
6th November 2007, 02:57 AM
Go Joe, and fly the flag of sanity for us :)