PDA

View Full Version : Google pushes into mobile phones

Rubber Duck
5th November 2007, 05:48 PM
Google has unveiled software it hopes will power a variety of future mobile phones and boost the web on the move.

The software could lead to cheaper phones as it is designed to speed up the process of making mobile services.

The firm is working with four mobile manufacturers - Samsung, HTC, Motorola and LG - but a Google branded phone was not announced.

The first phones using the so-called Google "software stack" will be available in the second half of 2008.

"This is going to bring the internet into cell phones in a very cool way," Andy Rubin, Google's director of mobile platforms, told the Associated Press news agency....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7078921.stm

jacksonm
5th November 2007, 05:51 PM
Guaranteed to be absolute scheisse.

Rubber Duck
5th November 2007, 05:54 PM
Guaranteed to be absolute scheisse.

Maybe, but it is a fair bet it will be IDN compatible, but not require the use of dot Mobi!

jacksonm
5th November 2007, 05:56 PM
Maybe, but it is a fair bet it will be IDN compatible, but not require the use of dot Mobi!

You know that I'm biased :-)

Rubber Duck
5th November 2007, 06:00 PM
You know that I'm biased :-)

I didn't say you were wrong. But things are hotting up and Mobile compatible web sites and Domain Names with legacy restrictive standards that don't even have any significant traffic are going to be chips real soon.

Wot
5th November 2007, 11:07 PM
I didn't say you were wrong. But things are hotting up and Mobile compatible web sites and Domain Names with legacy restrictive standards that don't even have any significant traffic are going to be chips real soon.

Maybe coincidence and not IDN , but I have just had a couple of offers on MobilePhonesBlog.com - think I might sit on it for a while longer. :)