PDA

View Full Version : .Mobi Buyer’s Remorse ?

thegenius1
7th November 2007, 10:33 PM
In an email sent out today, Moniker.com has announced a re-auctioning of a batch of .mobi domains purchased recently from the TRAFFIC domain auction in Florida. The domains have now been placed back on the market by the winning bidder.

Note: I was not a .mobi buyer or bidder.

The buyer/bidder of these .mobi names at TRAFFIC wants to sell the domains at cost due to other financial obligations. Here is a list of the premium names sold at TRAFFIC to one bidder that now wants to sell them for cost .

Since you were a .mobi buyer/bidder in our most recent Traffic auction I am sending this email in regard to the .mobi names. We are giving you first shot at them but we need you commitment at of above the prices below.

These are available for purchase (on a first come -first serve basis) at these prices below thru this Friday November 9th.

Domain Venue Price

News.mobi Live $110,000.00
Shopping.mobi Live $55,000.00
ZIPCodes.mobi Live $8,000.00
elections.mobi Silent $3,000.00
jewelry.mobi Silent $15,730.00
move.mobi Silent $3,000.00
price.mobi Silent $3,993.00
weightloss.mobi Silent $3,000.00

Will we see others follow suit and sell, first at cost, and later at loss? .Mobi is a true case-study of crowd mentality. There were three domain heavyweights in the first auction (Rick Schwartz, Anything.com’s Larry Fischer and partners, and Webmagic founder Greg McLemore) that set the tone for many speculators to follow. The speculators thought the three knew something more then others (hack, some between the three thought the same on each other as well) and all hell broke loose.

The only one who I believe knew what he was doing, in my humble opinion, is Rick Schwartz. Rick knew very well his purchase was a long shot and took his chances, but it wasn’t as much based on .Mobi as it was circumstantial. The rest of the story about this I cannot disclose, but maybe Rick will one day, maybe he won’t.

In the final analysis, based on all I know, .Mobi = Total speculation. Highly unrecommended as a domain investment vehicle.

http://www.domainnamenews.com//

burnsinternet
7th November 2007, 10:46 PM
Funny, they used to say the same about IDN. Total speculation. It was....

thegenius1
7th November 2007, 10:49 PM
Funny, they used to say the same about IDN. Total speculation. It was....

Well IDN was speculation to folks that didnt have vision (common sense) , they are and were entitled to there opinion.

But like many others have suggested and like Sahar is hinting , this whole dot mobi hype was orchestrated by you know who.

Fka200
7th November 2007, 10:51 PM
I enjoy orchestras.

burnsinternet
7th November 2007, 10:56 PM
Well IDN was speculation to folks that didnt have vision (common sense) , they are and where entitled to there opinion.

But like many others have suggested and like Sahar is hinting , this whole dot mobi hype was orchestrated by you know who.

Yes, we all know Rubber Duck orchestrated the WHOLE thing! He and Olney made a fortune on dot mobi flipping and invested in IDNs. Sad, but everyone should know the truth here.

:p

thegenius1
7th November 2007, 10:58 PM
Yes, we all know Rubber Duck orchestrated the WHOLE thing! He and Olney made a fortune on dot mobi flipping and invested in IDNs. Sad, but everyone should know the truth here.

:p

LMAO

sunsei21
7th November 2007, 11:17 PM
hmm never had buyers remorse with my idns or with not buying .mobis :cool:

IDNCowboy
8th November 2007, 12:06 AM
if you notice the .mobi's sell for much more at TRAFFIC auctions then they do on sedo...

Rubber Duck
8th November 2007, 12:17 AM
The goal posts have changed since the TRAFFICS auction.

The entire idea of web pages formatted uniquely for dot mobi is obscelete. Now not only does dot mobi give no advantage but you are actually locked into to complying with legacy standards that are only going to useful on few obscelete phones.

It is simply a question of doing your market research.

thegenius1
8th November 2007, 12:26 AM
It might be entertaining to follow these threads

http://www.namepros.com/dot-mobi/393342-mobi-true-case-study-crowd-mentality.html

http://www.namepros.com/dot-mobi/393339-news-shopping-jewelry-mobi-unsold-traffic.html

Great point.

There is so much to be said about this, but I won't even start.

I hereby offer Moniker $5,000 for price.mobi if they can wait seven weeks for payment.

Who do I need to PM about this?

Drewbert
8th November 2007, 01:11 AM
"It could be any number of possible reasons, but alas.. the naysayer majority all flow back to the ‘.mobi is a bad extension to invest in’ statements."

Well, I guess the acid test is whether someone jumps in and scoops these up at the price stated.

If not, the naysayer majority will be proved correct.