PDA

View Full Version : where I can buy mixed scripts domains?

rkae
16th November 2007, 07:54 AM
where I can buy mixed scripts domains? I'm not up for scamming but I have some great mixed script domains/words in mind I want to buy that get a lot of searches. Is there any registrar left that permits the registration of mixed script?

Rubber Duck
16th November 2007, 07:57 AM
where I can buy mixed scripts domains? I'm not up for scamming but I have some great mixed script domains/words in mind I want to buy that get a lot of searches. Is there any registrar left that permits the registration of mixed script?

Mixed scripts are not banned but restricted on a case by case basis.

The rules are set by ICANN and imposed by the Registries.

Going to a different Registrar makes no difference!

burnsinternet
16th November 2007, 08:02 AM
Yes, some that are completely intuitive are banned. Sucks.

rkae
16th November 2007, 08:21 AM
thanks guys.

Yes, some that are completely intuitive are banned. Sucks.

yeah, sucks.

burnsinternet
16th November 2007, 08:27 AM
Sorry.

touchring
16th November 2007, 08:44 AM
Most genuine/non-phishing mixed scripts are ok, like numbers with another script, English latin (A-Z) with another script.

What sort of mixed script are you looking at?

vexxball
16th November 2007, 08:45 AM
Mixed scripts are not banned but restricted on a case by case basis.

I don't understand...what do you mean by restricted? not being able to register?

....or can you register and then it gets "restricted" after you've paid? pulled from you and you lose reg fee?

thanx much

Most genuine/non-phishing mixed scripts are ok, like numbers with another script, English latin (A-Z) with another script.

What sort of mixed script are you looking at?

I am mixing English latin (A-Z) with Latin (Spanish, etc...). no numbers

Rubber Duck
16th November 2007, 09:35 AM
English Latins are common to all Latin more or less, so the question of mixing doesn't come in. Many phishing style domains are permitted for just this reason.
The only way they could get around this is not to permit Latin at all. The idea of preventing phising by restricting registrations is therefore pretty much flawed as in the Mozilla nonsense. Only Microsofts approach has any real credibility. The answer is to always type your URL into sites where there is a security issue.

The ICANN approach is to block new registrations. To date there has been no mass deletion of classes of domains that could be used for phishing.

Having said all this, I think you are at risk of blowing a good opportunity here by missing the real point of things. The main purpose is to give access to the Internet using non-Latin scripts. That is where the real usage will be and hence the main opportunities.

I don't understand...what do you mean by restricted? not being able to register?

....or can you register and then it gets "restricted" after you've paid? pulled from you and you lose reg fee?

thanx much

I am mixing English latin (A-Z) with Latin (Spanish, etc...). no numbers

trekker
16th November 2007, 02:02 PM
gでんわ.com works fine