PDA

View Full Version : 城市.net - City.net (Chinese)

thefabfive
14th March 2006, 01:04 AM
I just got an offer for this domain thru Namedrive and wanted to get everyones opinion on it. We're not really interested in selling at this point but would like to get a feeling for the value of this domain. Here are the stats:

城市.net (translates as 'city' according to Systran in both Simplified and Traditional Chinese)
Ovt TW = 1733
Baidu = 21.6M results
Google = 80.4M results

First result on Google is www.chinacity.net (中国城市网). What do you think?

IDNCowboy
14th March 2006, 02:14 AM
I just got an offer for this domain thru Namedrive and wanted to get everyones opinion on it. We're not really interested in selling at this point but would like to get a feeling for the value of this domain. Here are the stats:

城市.net (translates as 'city' according to Systran in both Simplified and Traditional Chinese)
Ovt TW = 1733
Baidu = 21.6M results
Google = 80.4M results

First result on Google is www.chinacity.net (中国城市网). What do you think?
usually when a symbol in front of a name doesn't make sense babelfish will just translate the word next to it.

"市" alone means city

thefabfive
14th March 2006, 02:42 AM
I appreciate that... but right now I get 206 million results on Google for "城市" (with quotes). I'm guess that the first character is not meaningless with those kinds of results.

jose
14th March 2006, 05:22 AM
Very good for subdomains.

Domainer
28th November 2006, 04:13 AM
I think it is good.

But 城市 needs communication( 通讯.net)。
:p

Giant
28th November 2006, 05:39 AM
I appreciate that... but right now I get 206 million results on Google for "城市" (with quotes). I'm guess that the first character is not meaningless with those kinds of results.

You are right. "城市" is exactly "City", and "市" is:

1. Short form for "城市", but not frequently used because Chinese like to use 2-word terms.
2. Administrative term for a city, normally added to the name of the city to signify its administrative power.

城市.net is definitely a keeper.

ljp198
28th November 2006, 09:54 AM
this is a very good idn

thefabfive
28th November 2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate your input.