PDA

View Full Version : 京都府.com Kyoto

Olney
14th March 2006, 05:03 AM
Hey Guys
京都府.com
I guess just for kicks what do you guys think would be the rating for Kyoto?
Kyoto & Kyoto Fu are both used both officially the place is Kyoto-fu just like Tokyo is Tokyo-to.

Osaka & Kyoto are the only Japanese States that use Fu instead of Ken.

This currently will not be for sale for at least another year (or 2).

Just to compare ratings I think I want to put it up for appraisal at DNF too.

touchring
14th March 2006, 05:06 AM
京都市 seems to have a higher OVT?

Kyoto by itself has a stunning 285873 OVT! :o

Olney
14th March 2006, 05:21 AM
Guys I realize that there are some sales that will not be based on overture searches.
Not trying to persuade votes......
Actually I forgot when I bought Kyoto but the I believe the OVT was different.
For cities the OVT will always change depending on the seasons.

Most Japanese that I tell about what I'm doing usually comment my Kyoto purchase.

touchring
14th March 2006, 06:24 AM
OVT isn't everything, but within the same kind of domain, the comparison is often quite accurate. Anyway, 京都府 is still a 9 rating domain, and maybe 京都 a 10.

IDNCowboy
14th March 2006, 07:05 AM
OVT isn't everything, but within the same kind of domain, the comparison is often quite accurate. Anyway, 京都府 is still a 9 rating domain, and maybe 京都 a 10.
When in doubt use the overture bid tool. If the term is extremely popular it sometimes may have a pretty high bid which shows you advertisers are competing head2head with their ad dollars to bring you in.

This domain is hot.

touchring
14th March 2006, 07:18 AM
Ok, there's now 2 nine ratings and 1 four. Who posted the four?

rhys
14th March 2006, 08:13 AM

Seriously, there must be a mistake because there is no way this is a four.

Edwin
14th March 2006, 08:45 AM

I posted the 4.

I think we shouldn't be too eager to attribute massive scores - it has to be VERY VERY difficult to get a 9 or a 10 or else the scale is useless to compare domains with each other. Something like ゴルフ.com or ホテル.com is a "10" domain in my book, so there's no way this domain is even in the same ballpark.

Positives: large city area
Negatives: administrative division rather than "pure" city name (I would have rated 京都.com an 8, for comparison). I simply can't stress enough how much I feel that distinction changes the psychology of searches.

Olney
14th March 2006, 08:50 AM
Any consideration for being Official State Name.
Officially it's not Kyoto it's actually Kyotofu...

Rubber Duck
14th March 2006, 09:02 AM
My personal gut feelings tie in with those of Edwin in as much as I believe that Non-extended versions are intrinsically worth more. I have essentially been keeping those and selling the extended versions.

That is not to say that either I or Edwin think these version are worthless. You only have witness Edwin's activity in the market in recent days to see that is not the case.

I also tend to agree that whilst cities have been the hottest thing on the planet in recent weeks, this is a sign of an immature market. Top product and service related generics must be worth more! Again, that doesn't mean that the Cities are not excellent investments, but there are names out there that are potentially worth a lot more.

I agree this is not a 9 or a 10, but Kyoto has a significance well beyond its size, so I have perhaps been a little generous and given it an 8.

Edwin
14th March 2006, 10:46 AM
Any consideration for being Official State Name.
Officially it's not Kyoto it's actually Kyotofu...

Well, Overture tells the same tale as I do i.e...

京都 285,873
京都市 42,313
京都府 38,899

So it's actually 3rd out of 3 Kyoto area-related domains, in terms of mindshare at least. That's regardless of the "official" status - loads of things are "official" yet people take (relatively) little notice.

It's still a nice domain, but not "up there" with the greats.

idnceo
16th March 2006, 12:21 PM
京都府 is okay, but i dont see it so "commercial", 府 makes it very official. something like to see newyorkstate instead of newyork. Im not saying is bad but you also check what im saying about a bit "official" by seeing the results on yahoo japan most results are .jp or.jp ac.jp etc I mean kyoto governmental related sites. But well, with good content, it can become somehow something commercial even with the official name. My opinion. Good catch no matter what.

rhys
16th March 2006, 05:26 PM
Well, Overture tells the same tale as I do i.e...

京都 285,873
京都市 42,313
京都府 38,899

So it's actually 3rd out of 3 Kyoto area-related domains, in terms of mindshare at least. That's regardless of the "official" status - loads of things are "official" yet people take (relatively) little notice.

It's still a nice domain, but not "up there" with the greats.

I concede the point that it isn't a premium domain, but I still don't think it merits a "4". I'd probably adjust to a 6