PDA

View Full Version : Chinese translation please and /or suggestions 访问 & 地址

Charrua
22nd November 2007, 01:44 AM
Please translation and/or suggestion registered today:

访问.cn & .net = visit.cn & .net

Results 1 - 10 of about 243,000,000 for 访问. (0.05 seconds)

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%E8%AE%BF%E9%97%AE

地址.biz = address.biz

Results 1 - 10 of about 457,000,000 for 地址. (0.57 seconds)

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%E5%9C%B0%E5%9D%80&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

markits
22nd November 2007, 01:58 AM
访问 does mean visit but more accurately it means "oficial visit", usually used when a business or governmental delegation pay a visit to another business unit or country.
地址 is the prime term for address.

Charrua
24th November 2007, 02:50 AM
访问 does mean visit but more accurately it means "oficial visit", usually used when a business or governmental delegation pay a visit to another business unit or country.
地址 is the prime term for address.

Thank you Markits.

metronome
24th November 2007, 03:12 AM
hey, isn't fang wen means :"excuse me" or "I wanna ask(in polite manner)"? u cud say:"I wanna question on...." basically "fang wen" is the word that you need to start at the front of the sentence if you try to ask/interview someone formally

hmmm, the pronounciation is same
sentence example:
"fang wen, where is the X building"

not sure if it is the same with this one, since some time in the same pinyin chinese might have a lot of meaning~~

hangman21
24th November 2007, 03:38 AM
hey, isn't fang wen means :"excuse me" or "I wanna ask(in polite manner)"? u cud say:"I wanna question on...." basically "fang wen" is the word that you need to start at the front of the sentence if you try to ask/interview someone formally

hmmm, the pronounciation is same
sentence example:
"fang wen, where is the X building"

not sure if it is the same with this one, since some time in the same pinyin chinese might have a lot of meaning~~

what you mean is "请问" "qing wen"

metronome
24th November 2007, 03:51 AM
what you mean is "请问" "qing wen"

that;s weird, sometimes we use fang wen too, guess I am the one that's wrong:).