hangman21
24th November 2007, 09:15 AM
your opinion on arabic.nets

any value in them?

jacksonm
24th November 2007, 09:33 AM
your opinion on arabic.nets

any value in them?

I had a broker shopping a very good arabic dot net domain to prospective buyers, and of the one who were interested they all asked him for the dot com.

Fka200
24th November 2007, 09:37 AM
Depends on the name. I really like Arabic .nets, but like I said, depends on the name.

burnsinternet
24th November 2007, 10:06 AM
Depends on the name. I really like Arabic .nets, but like I said, depends on the name.

How does the name make a difference? Just wondering because I often get the dot net with dot com. What is the correct name for dot net?

Sometimes, I get the dot net if I just like the name. Tonight I picked up استضافةمواقع.net (استضافة مواقع - web hosting).

markits
24th November 2007, 11:25 AM
Too many nets are still free.

burnsinternet
24th November 2007, 02:50 PM
Same can be said about Russian, Greek, etc. So many good dot nets free for so long. I started picking some Russian dot nets up and they get traffic and clicks (Europe). Arabic was not mined as quickly as Japanese & Chinese.

I picked up what I believe are some excellent Arabic dot com domains this month. These are names that were registered long ago in Russian & Japanese (didn't check Chinese). Many good Arabics are still unregistered or dropped.

IDNCowboy
24th November 2007, 04:03 PM
all the good chinese and japanese .net's have already been mined so they are worth some gold

hangman21
24th November 2007, 04:20 PM
all the good chinese and japanese .net's have already been mined so they are worth some gold

there are still plenty of chinese.nets left, but ppl dont seem to be interested in them ....

jacksonm
24th November 2007, 04:28 PM
there are still plenty of chinese.nets left, but ppl dont seem to be interested in them ....

Look at all the Chinese sellers on this forum - 99% of what they list is dot nets.

hangman21
24th November 2007, 04:32 PM
Look at all the Chinese sellers on this forum - 99% of what they list is dot nets.

yup, agree on that, but 90% of them never sell

bwhhisc
24th November 2007, 04:34 PM
Got any lists? :)

hangman21
24th November 2007, 04:35 PM
Got any lists? :)

i got a HUGE list .... and its keeps on getting longer everyday

burnsinternet
24th November 2007, 05:57 PM
My Russian & Arabic dot nets list are huge, but the Russian list is getting much smaller while the Arabic list grows. Sad...

bwhhisc
24th November 2007, 06:27 PM
i got a HUGE list .... and its keeps on getting longer everyday
I gotta admit, you have been pretty tenacious getting good regs at this stage of the game. Be interesting to see
how .nets play out around the world in different countries; many endusers are happy to get the .net if the .com is not
available or out of their price range.

hangman21
24th November 2007, 07:18 PM
I gotta admit, you have been pretty tenacious getting good regs at this stage of the game. Be interesting to see
how .nets play out around the world in different countries; many endusers are happy to get the .net if the .com is not
available or out of their price range.

well if ur ever interested in any, feel free to shoot me a pm, i sell IDN's cheaper than walmart does :p

thegenius1
24th November 2007, 07:42 PM
i sell IDN's cheaper than walmart does :p

And you may end up seriously regretting that one day in the near future. Unless ofcourse you are holding back a few goodies for yourself.

Rubber Duck
24th November 2007, 07:52 PM
And you may end up seriously regretting that one day in the near future. Unless ofcourse you are holding back a few goodies for yourself.

Yes, most flippers will look back and realise that they let grains of pure gold just slip through their fingers. Of course some will be using it as a means to build portfolios, but I somehow doubt that is really generally the case. Many just simply are not true believers. They don't care what they buy as long as they can flip it.

jacksonm
24th November 2007, 07:55 PM
Yes, most flippers will look back and realise that they let grains of pure gold just slip through their fingers. Of course some will be using it as a means to build portfolios, but I somehow doubt that is really generally the case. Many just simply are not true believers. They don't care what they buy as long as they can flip it.

Flippers are an integral part of the ecosystem. Long live the flippers!

Rubber Duck
24th November 2007, 07:57 PM
Flippers are an integral part of the ecosystem. Long live the flippers!

What like plankton?

bwhhisc
24th November 2007, 07:58 PM
well if ur ever interested in any, feel free to shoot me a pm, i sell IDN's cheaper than walmart does :p
Like most here, it is still pretty easy to find plenty of new reg's everyday. That is part of the reason for sluggish
sales here, there is still too much stuff out there available at reg fee. Also, take the tip from Genius and hold your best
names cause you got a l-o-n-g lifetime ahead of yourself to have too many "I can't believe I sold it for $25" regrets.

Rubber Duck
24th November 2007, 08:02 PM
Plenty of names pass this way, but few raise much interest.

I let one go last week, I wish I had bought, but other than that, where is Yawn Smiley?