PDA

View Full Version : Caught me by surprise!

alibuba
25th November 2007, 08:22 PM
Past couple of days i have been getting good uniques and some clicks every once in a while but i checked my sedo account today and noticed i received a .11 cent click for one of my names. i have to say that this is the largest ppc for my arabic to date.
i probably look stupid if their are others that normally get larger ppc but this is the largest for my arabic so far. i hope this continues upward.

btw the name was : القارات.com

means continents.com

any thoughts from arabic holders appreciated. btw what is typical namedrive ppc for arabic.

jacksonm
25th November 2007, 08:24 PM
btw what is typical namedrive ppc for arabic.

0.01 USD :mad:

alibuba
25th November 2007, 08:28 PM
0.01 USD :mad:

hey jacksonm, that almost makes me glad i was banned from nd. :)

bwhhisc
25th November 2007, 08:31 PM
توابل.com Spices.com at .19
افلامجديدة.com New Films at .11
عربيةاغانى.com Arabic Music at .06
بيتزا.com Pizza at .04

Most others are .01 and .02 clicks but these and a few others do better.
New Films I think "sticks" but still gets traffic and clicks.
**thanks Sammy for pm letting me know better reg is افلام-جديدة

Rubber Duck
25th November 2007, 08:35 PM
دفتر.com
US$ 0.94 5 4 % 80.00 US$ 0.24 US$ 188.78
تليفزيون.com
US$ 0.39 3 2 % 66.67 US$ 0.20 US$ 131.60
الاسكندريةفنادق.com
US$ 0.20 2 1 % 50.00 US$ 0.20 US$ 97.70
المنار.com
US$ 0.24 6 2 % 33.33 US$ 0.12 US$ 40.70

Fka200
25th November 2007, 08:41 PM
Some of these must be one time clicks. I rarely check ND anymore, but looking at stats for 6months-1year, Avg PPC is 0.01-0.03cents.

alibuba
25th November 2007, 08:42 PM
Now im not glad i was banned :p . Those numbers look good guys. Is this recent traffic or from ages ago.

bwhhisc
25th November 2007, 08:46 PM
Nice domains RD,
Notebook, Television, Alexandria Hotels, Almanar (the Landmark) not sure on that one...

Rubber Duck
Now im not glad i was banned :p . Those numbers look good guys. Is this recent traffic or from ages ago.

This month but I think on average I get about 3 cents a click overall!

bwhhisc

This month...it's Arabic ppc gone wild averaging .04.

Fka200
25th November 2007, 08:51 PM
This month...it's Arabic ppc gone wild averaging .04.

LOL that was classic!

alibuba
25th November 2007, 08:58 PM
I have exactly 100 domains on sedo right now and have had that number for 2 months now. Last month i had 375 uniques and this month to date i have 805 uniques. With last month only generating .14 cents and this month to date is .32 cents. I have to say traffic has gone up. Giving this info to give people a better understanding were i am with my arabic on sedo. Awaiting next months stats to see what happens next with traffic.

jacksonm
25th November 2007, 09:04 PM
I have exactly 100 domains on sedo right now and have had that number for 2 months now. Last month i had 375 uniques and this month to date i have 805 uniques. With last month only generating .14 cents and this month to date is .32 cents. I have to say traffic has gone up. Giving this info to give people a better understanding were i am with my arabic on sedo. Awaiting next months stats to see what happens next with traffic.

The big increase in uniques this month are are result of domaintools.com and pingdom.com starting to track IDNs. Not much to get excited about.

Rubber Duck
25th November 2007, 09:12 PM
The big increase in uniques this month are are result of domaintools.com and pingdom.com starting to track IDNs. Not much to get excited about.

Well you say that, but at least we are on somebody's radar!

touchring
25th November 2007, 09:13 PM

do u mean .32 cents per click?

alibuba
25th November 2007, 09:22 PM
.32 cents in total for this month to date touchring. which is better.

correct good point there

thefabfive
25th November 2007, 10:10 PM
Arabic PPC averaging $0.06 for this month. Had two clicks worth $2.48 and $1.11 in the past week to الحجاب.com. Somewhat out of the ordinary for this domain but definitely welcome. :)

jacksonm
26th November 2007, 07:52 AM

As far as I am concerned, traffic from domaintools and pingdom is nothing but junk which skews the real traffic statistics and artificially lowers the CTR. I'd prefer if ND added a filter and didn't count them.

Now speculator traffic is another story - that's the kind of radar report that I am interested in. There does seem to have been a minor addition of speculator traffic, maybe 2-3%.

How do I know all of this? Because I handle my own DNS even for my parked domains and I process the server logs to correlate with my ND traffic. I do reverse DNS lookups to find out what the visitor's domain is as well as geolocation of the IP addresses.

But according to my poll, these type of reports are worthless to 90 % of you tightwads (I exclude my own vote for the first option, which I felt was quite conservative BTW). You'd much rather use the method of wishful thinking to tell where your traffic is coming from.

Rubber Duck
26th November 2007, 08:09 AM
On the contrary. Your reports are always read with interest.

Yes, you are correct this kind of traffic has no practical value, but it does indicate that the days when IDN are going to get mined on an industrial scale are not very far away now.

As far as I am concerned, traffic from domaintools and pingdom is nothing but junk which skews the real traffic statistics and artificially lowers the CTR. I'd prefer if ND added a filter and didn't count them.

Now speculator traffic is another story - that's the kind of radar report that I am interested in. There does seem to have been a minor addition of speculator traffic, maybe 2-3%.

How do I know all of this? Because I handle my own DNS even for my parked domains and I process the server logs to correlate with my ND traffic. I do reverse DNS lookups to find out what the visitor's domain is as well as geolocation of the IP addresses.

But according to my poll, these type of reports are worthless to 90 % of you tightwads (I exclude my own vote for the first option, which I felt was quite conservative BTW). You'd much rather use the method of wishful thinking to tell where your traffic is coming from.

jacksonm
26th November 2007, 08:17 AM
Yes, you are correct this kind of traffic has no practical value, but it does indicate that the days when IDN are going to get mined on an industrial scale are not very far away now.

How does your thought process take you from A to B in this case? Really, I am simply interested in how you determine this indicator with logic.

Rubber Duck
26th November 2007, 08:41 AM
How does your thought process take you from A to B in this case? Really, I am simply interested in how you determine this indicator with logic.

It just stands to reason from my perspective if they are building Bots to trail through IDN they must have some interest in these domains. What possible interest could they have other than either purchasing them or providing services that would facilitate such purchases?

yanni
26th November 2007, 08:44 AM
I believe he means that since there is increased interest in IDN from day to day, the big swell is getting closer.

jacksonm
26th November 2007, 08:55 AM
It just stands to reason from my perspective if they are building Bots to trail through IDN they must have some interest in these domains. What possible interest could they have other than either purchasing them or providing services that would facilitate such purchases?

I don't think that they built any bots to trail through IDN, they simply IDN enabled their front-end reporting tools and subsequently told their bots to start tracking xn-- domains which they couldn't handle before.

Other possible interests could include making up for an increasing loss of data for their traditional business - that of selling domain information. Purchasers of this information won't want to buy a report full of xn-- domains, they will also want to see the Unicode characters and translations.

For those of you US residents holding IDNs like taliban, jihad, terrorism, etc. IMO now is the time to start to reconsider your investment decisions. Homeland security will not be amused and will not want to hear that these are benign domains meant for PPC or resale. Yes, you can be assured that Homeland security is a customer of organizations such as domaintools.

sarcle
26th November 2007, 09:08 AM
For those of you US residents holding IDNs like taliban, jihad, terrorism, etc. IMO now is the time to start to reconsider your investment decisions. Homeland security will not be amused and will not want to hear that these are benign domains meant for PPC or resale. Yes, you can be assured that Homeland security is a customer of organizations such as domaintools.

Please give the scaremongering a cease-fire. There are plenty of reasons to own these types of domains; mainly for the greater good. The CIA isn't going to be knocking down any doors. In fact these crazy times just makes these domains more valuable at this point and time.