PDA

View Full Version : Please confirm: 公寓 main term for "Apartments"

zenmarketing
26th November 2007, 12:57 AM
I'm speaking with a buyer for one of my names who would like confirmation that 公寓 is the main simplified Chinese term for "apartment(s)"

Could one of the native Chinese speakers respond to confirm this?

Thanks,
Joe

mgrohan
26th November 2007, 02:26 AM
Yes Joe, 公寓 (gōng yù) is the main simplified term for apartment. Also traditional and simplified is the same for 公寓. nice domain.
Good luck with the sale!

sakillll
26th November 2007, 02:33 AM
it's the same character of simplified with traditional.
100% is apartment for traditional
99% is apartment for simplified, 1% because i am not from china mainland.

zenmarketing
26th November 2007, 02:41 AM
Thanks guys!

IDNCowboy
26th November 2007, 02:49 AM
I'm speaking with a buyer for one of my names who would like confirmation that 公寓 is the main simplified Chinese term for "apartment(s)"

Could one of the native Chinese speakers respond to confirm this?

Thanks,
Joe
I believe it's the main term in simplified too

touchring
26th November 2007, 03:21 AM
This term is the main term in taiwan and singapore. in china, they also use the word loupan (an hk import), i believe?

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%E5%85%AC%E5%AF%93%2C+%E6%A5%BC%E7%9B%98&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

IDNCowboy
26th November 2007, 03:29 AM
This term is the main term in taiwan and singapore. in china, they also use the word loupan (an hk import), i believe?

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%E5%85%AC%E5%AF%93%2C+%E6%A5%BC%E7%9B%98&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0
Are you sure? I looked at my resources and this term is searched much less.. (not using trends)

mgrohan
26th November 2007, 03:41 AM
gong yu is much more popular than loupan, loupan is more a professional term, used by property developers and often referring to an entire apartment complex.

公寓 (gong yu) is the main term, and most direct translation of apartment in all Chinese speaking countries..

touchring
26th November 2007, 03:50 AM
gong yu is much more popular than loupan, loupan is more a professional term, used by property developers and often referring to an entire apartment complex.

quite true, loupan refers to the whole building. google translations gives "real estate". :)

Are you sure? I looked at my resources and this term is searched much less.. (not using trends)

generate the compound search list and you'll know the reason.

metronome
26th November 2007, 05:03 PM
if you own this gong yu domain, it is a good domain.

hangman21
26th November 2007, 05:06 PM
its the main term :)