PDA

View Full Version : TrafficZ vs Sedo Parking

jacksonm
27th November 2007, 10:44 AM
Did anybody read this? Sedo hijacking TrafficZ traffic !!!

http://blog.domaintools.com/2007/10/trafficz-vs-sedo-parking/

Rubber Duck
27th November 2007, 11:02 AM
Reading down, Tim is trying to pass this off as an innocent misunderstand, as you might expect!

jacksonm
27th November 2007, 11:08 AM
Reading down, Tim is trying to pass this off as an innocent misunderstand, as you might expect!

Sounds a bit dubious to me...

Rubber Duck
27th November 2007, 11:11 AM
Sounds a bit dubious to me...

Well at least they have a consistent company image!

jacksonm
27th November 2007, 11:21 AM
Well at least they have a consistent company image!

The only reason I happened across this was that I was investigating other parking options.

I mistakenly left 5 of my early "junk" regs parked at SEDO and they are actually earning above reg fee. On ND, I've got premiums with high OVT and strong Google Trends that don't even get visits. Now why do I get traffic and revenue to crap names on SEDO and can't get either to prime names at ND? Maybe ND plugged the fudge machine (as Drewbert called it) back in after the cleaning lady tripped over the power cord earlier this month.

I was investigating trying out the SEDO Pro or TrafficZ. Anybody have any opinions?

mulligan
27th November 2007, 11:27 AM
Well it forwards to the .com now so they must have kissed and made up.

Having said that nothing underhanded that sedo does surprises me .. par for the course

Rubber Duck
27th November 2007, 11:31 AM
I am inclined to give Domainsponsor a go at some point.

Trafficz have been doing all sorts of clever stuff but nothing on IDN as far as I know.

Sedo may actually be the best for parking, but they will not even get considered until they stop taking the piss with their auctions, which only handle IDN that are also phishing domains. These people are doing huge damage to our image. I have no intention of helping them in those efforts!

The only reason I happened across this was that I was investigating other parking options.

I mistakenly left 5 of my early "junk" regs parked at SEDO and they are actually earning above reg fee. On ND, I've got premiums with high OVT and strong Google Trends that don't even get visits. Now why do I get traffic and revenue to crap names on SEDO and can't get either to prime names at ND? Maybe ND plugged the fudge machine (as Drewbert called it) back in after the cleaning lady tripped over the power cord earlier this month.

I was investigating trying out the SEDO Pro or TrafficZ. Anybody have any opinions?

domainguru
27th November 2007, 01:02 PM
They used to own afternic.de as well - obviously another "oversight".

Not only do they promote phishing domains, their negotiate engine is complete pants as well. There is no "accept current offer" button even. If you want to meet the seller's price, you have to type the same amount as their latest offer. I did that, expecting to conclude the sale, and three days later the seller came back with a 10x price saying "I just got it valued by Sedo at that much", lol.

I demanded Sedo complete the deal, on the basis that I had met the seller's asking price, it should have been legally binding, but of course Sedo ignored me.

Sedo is the AOL of domain systems. Built by boneheads for boneheads.

jacksonm
27th November 2007, 02:17 PM
Sedo is the AOL of domain systems. Built by boneheads for boneheads.

Hear, hear!