PDA

View Full Version : Football network

30th November 2007, 10:37 PM
Hi All,
Below is the complete set of domains that will be used for the football site i am launching in a couple weeks.
I also have 22.TV , Would you brand the whole thing under 22.TV (for browser support reasons also?) or would you only use the actual soccer domains?

TIA,
Michael.

Korean 축구.TV
Chinese 足球.TV
Hindy फुटबाल.TV
Vietnamese Bóngđá.TV
Greek Ποδόσφαιρο.TV
Poland Piłkanożna.TV
Spanish Fútbol.TV
Japanese サッカー.TV
Russian футбол.TV
Arabic فوتبال.TV
Hebrew כדורגל.TV
Thai ฟุตบอล.TV
Farsi فوتبال.TV
UK OnlineFootball.TV
USA OnlineSoccer.TV
German OnlineFussball.TV
Swedish OnlineFotboll.TV
Romanian OnlineFotbal.TV
Netherlands OnlineVoetbal.TV
Portugese OnlineFutebol.TV
Italian OnlineCalcio.TV

bwhhisc
30th November 2007, 10:45 PM
Bravo...an absolutely brilliant idea :)
Not better international sport to choose, and eventually I could see a major TV network wanting this entire package.

For the name, not sure "22" is better than a "word" choice. Noted that 22 is lucky numbers in Chinese, and also represent yin and yang I read today on google. Maybe members have some other ideas.
The possiblities are endless...but some good bloopers and knock down fights and brawls need to be right there on page 1. LOL
Good luck Michael, I can't wait to see your website.

30th November 2007, 11:03 PM
Thanks for your support Bill.
Will see what happens :)

jose
30th November 2007, 11:17 PM
Redirecting all to 22.TV would be better for branding build proposals, but you would loose the appealing of the top keyword.TV domain...hard to choose.

burnsinternet
1st December 2007, 12:56 AM
Drool. Jealous.

L@@K
1st December 2007, 01:50 AM
Spanish Fútbol.TV
I had well noticed you have this... but I didn't know for others...
A brillant idea, a great network, congrat Sir !
I'm not fan of redirect all on 22.tv, I would dev each names separatly & link all in the footer.

burnsinternet
1st December 2007, 02:03 AM
I had well noticed you have this... but I didn't know for others...
A brillant idea, a great network, congrat Sir !
I'm not fan of redirect all on 22.tv, I would dev each names separatly & link all in the footer.

Agreed 90%. Except that you could link them on the side, like Wiki pages. Or whatever you deem best for SERPs. If anything, use 22.tv as a main page to link to the other sites, but don't redirect.

L@@K
1st December 2007, 02:06 AM
Yes, but the pbm if you use them on the side is it's a space where you can put Nike's adds. It's why I still prefer in the footer: you show your credibility and keep your space for adds.

domainstosell
1st December 2007, 02:32 AM
Wow! :o

Outstanding idea, and I know you've got the chops to pull it off.

Good luck, and I'm excited to see the site/sites!

burnsinternet
1st December 2007, 02:40 AM
Yes, but the pbm if you use them on the side is it's a space where you can put Nike's adds. It's why I still prefer in the footer: you show your credibility and keep your space for adds.

Good point. Can't wait to see the sites!

mulligan
1st December 2007, 08:24 AM
22 is the number of players on the field during a game.

domainguru
1st December 2007, 10:14 AM
Great idea. I'm hoping for some spillover traffic to my ฟุตบอล.com ;)

You should definitely maintain the real site with the IDN and suck up that keyword power.

22.tv should be utilized in two ways:

1) When you detect IE6 or lower (so visitors don't see xn--)
2) When you are on advertising hoardings at Premier League games and hence want to get your message out to several markets at once!

1st December 2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks again for all your feedback guys.

jacksonm
1st December 2007, 11:25 AM
Hi All,
Below is the complete set of domains that will be used for the football site i am launching in a couple weeks.

Certainly an impressive set of domains.

When the same multi-lingual site answers to all of these domains with the same translated content, then it's not a network - it is simply a multi-lingual site which answers to many domains. Some nice tricks include automatically switching the site language based on the domain which was used to access the site.

A network would be for example if you operated individual sites for 20 different soccer teams, and subsequently did any type of integration between them (user accounts, shared content, etc).

jose
12th December 2007, 06:08 PM
"SoccerTV.com was the night’s biggest seller fetching $80,000"

Asiaplay
12th December 2007, 06:32 PM
Great collection... :o

I agree - run them separately as keyword IDNs, with some sort of link between them (do not collect them under one unrelated keyword, as does not really add anything given you have virtually every main language out there).

I am doing same with one of my sites - flag links at top of page, used to switch same meaning IDN in alternative languages, to a separate master IP each IDN is on.
Still in progress, but decided this is a good approach over running everything under one domain only.

Good luck with this one (looks like a real winner!!!) cheers - Asiaplay

PS: who is Nike - lol (isn't adidas the King of football / soccer !!! ;) )

18th January 2008, 11:25 PM
Far from done yet but it's starting to take form..not live yet..comments and suggestions are welcome, on video quality/editing/stream aspecially. Thanks.

www.onlinesoccer.tv/node

Jay
6th March 2008, 08:01 AM
When the same multi-lingual site answers to all of these domains with the same translated content, then it's not a network - it is simply a multi-lingual site which answers to many domains. Some nice tricks include automatically switching the site language based on the domain which was used to access the site.

A network would be for example if you operated individual sites for 20 different soccer teams, and subsequently did any type of integration between them (user accounts, shared content, etc).

I have an idea for doing something similar, but wouldn't forwarding domains to a central domain ruin the search engine placement of the redirected domains? I fear that the Google bots would hate them as much as parked sites.

zorglub
6th March 2008, 09:00 AM
For the tech video part it depends on your strategy, most important do you already have partnerships or no.

If you want to start quickly and without any major funding, first Flash FLV streaming of course with Lighttpd tweaked by a guru. Of course no Youtube & al. Then attract the attention of the big compagnies with your network.

Depending on the programs you stream, you may have to shortly switch to an industrial system with many servers with their own. Top example if you stream live matchs, but when you'll be here you'll have a major compagny involved and the tech part won't be a problem any more with the money.

As for the logo you used the other time the www.[soccer ball].tv for your global identity, maybe it could be also declined in the 22 IDNs with the IDN written inside the soccer ball, if it's not too heavy graphically.

And yeah, use 22 sites all in IDN. Otherwise it's a gadget. And if you have the manpower all the videos should be translated too...

Very curious to see your content and the partnerships. Excellent project once again :eek: