PDA

View Full Version : IE7 AU Korea has kicked in?

Drewbert
1st December 2007, 03:13 AM
http://joo8111.egloos.com/1617879

Watch for an uptick in stats.

Rubber Duck
1st December 2007, 05:25 AM

Its hunt the glass slipper time?

A few will have their own shoe warehouses, whilst the rest will be running around barefoot!

thegenius1
1st December 2007, 06:21 AM
Yup almost 2 weeks ago , i thought it would be kept a secret , learned about it on TDB :)

touchring
1st December 2007, 08:25 AM

Best news since a very long time! idnhan must be rejoicing. :o

My ND stats for Korean, doubled, tripled, quadripled last week versus a mth ago, but unfortunately, i don't have any analytics stats to do an "extrapolation".

Very keen to know how IE7 performed. I know you got some korean minisites, do you tracked them? :p

Does minisite do well for korean? I put some up a few mths ago, but pulled them off when they didn't performed.

Rubber Duck
1st December 2007, 08:35 AM
I don't have Korean, but this will be a very good Test Bed. The Koreans will no doubt give us the answers on how high and how soon IDN will fly!

What we are looking for really is major corporates changing branding strategies, not only whether they dump ASCII for IDN, but also which extensions they adopt.

jacksonm
1st December 2007, 08:43 AM
I don't have Korean, but this will be a very good Test Bed. The Koreans will no doubt give us the answers on how high and how soon IDN will fly!

What we are looking for really is major corporates changing branding strategies, not only whether they dump ASCII for IDN, but also which extensions they adopt.

Large single national corporations with no aspiration to go international may well go IDN only on their website, but they will still need to list their email addresses with ascii domains at this time as most mail programs don't support IDNs yet.

Rubber Duck
1st December 2007, 08:48 AM
Large single national corporations with no aspiration to go international may well go IDN only on their website, but they will still need to list their email addresses with ascii domains at this time as most mail programs don't support IDNs yet.

Yes, something else we have to thank those dullards at MS for!

Don't think this is a major issue, they can trigger ASCII email from an Unicode link if they choose.

touchring
1st December 2007, 08:52 AM

Unlike in the West where English is the standard language (hack! i see Europeans writing better english than many americans on this forum), in contrary, most corporations in North East Asia are local, and only the minority are international.

Rubber Duck
1st December 2007, 08:56 AM
Even International organisation are going to realise that they need different web content for different markets and are likely see the merit of matching the navigation address with the web content. I just struggle to understand why people struggle with the concept. It is like watching a mass extinction in slow motion!

jacksonm
1st December 2007, 08:59 AM
Unlike in the West where English is the standard language (hack! i see Europeans writing better english than many americans on this forum), in contrary, most corporations in North East Asia are local, and only the minority are international.

Do you actually know the reason why foreigners often times write/speak better than natives?

The answer in many cases is because it's the only way they've been taught and experienced - they wouldn't know how to speak bad english if they wanted to.

I used to be a english-german translator between two large groups of mechanics who had to work together. The Germans used to always tell me that I spoke German like a professor and didn't need to be so formal, but I didn't know slang or colloquial speaking. After about 6 months, I had learned all sorts of bad language habits from them :-)

Rubber Duck
1st December 2007, 09:03 AM
Lenka tells me off for not correcting her.

She doesn't understand that she speaks more correct English than we do most of the time!

Wot
1st December 2007, 09:30 AM
Mi wif writs bitter then i dus two. :) end er spoking is gooderer.

Please , no comments on my wife's spoking !

Rubber Duck
1st December 2007, 10:59 AM
Anyone heard of these guys? www.지이초음파.com

Fka200
1st December 2007, 11:19 AM
Anyone heard of these guys? 지이초음파.com

I'm not sure I have ;) :: silly sarcasm ::

touchring
1st December 2007, 11:20 AM
Anyone heard of these guys? 지이초음파.com

I recognize the GE sign. :p

1st December 2007, 11:22 AM
지이초음파.com
Some small korean shop i guess.

Great Find Dave, good to see major corporations starting to discover what idn has to offer.