PDA

View Full Version : getting links for your idn minisites

websjapan
1st December 2007, 10:11 AM
well, here is the problem

i've got a few minisites and am developing some more that ND has shown to have nice click payments for, but my biggest problem in SEO is getting incoming links from japanese sites like directories etc.

does anyone have any tips on getting inbounds, one way or recip?

also, the market in japan for buying links seems to be a bit unsophisticated. i havent been able to find anything like text-link-ads, just silly prices for getting a bunch of links from crappy blogs etc.

from what i can tell, just like everything else in japan (excpet 100 yen shops), you have to pay stupid prices for service which cost a fraction back home!

much appreciated

cheers

domainguru
1st December 2007, 10:21 AM
the basic question you have to ask is why would anyone want to link to a minisite? Is the site providing anything useful? If it isn't, then expect to pay for any links you get.

websjapan
1st December 2007, 11:19 AM
im not averse to paying for links, but the seo firms in japan charge outrageous prices. just wondering if there are any cheaper ways of getting inbounds...

domainguru
1st December 2007, 12:05 PM
again, people will generally only link to you for free if they add value to their site by doing so. you need to tick the boxes or accept the reality that minisites aren't worth linking to, and therefore won't get links. which is really as it should be.... you could get links from non-japanese sites but these are likely to count much less in SERPs.

Asiaplay
1st December 2007, 02:34 PM
Guess Japanese blogs and forums would provide some back-links... written under one of the 50 Japanese names your parents gave you!!!

One idea - cheers, Asiaplay