PDA

View Full Version : Youtube Video About .HK IDN's

zenmarketing
1st December 2007, 08:14 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VBTgNz4WE5Q

"Chinese domain names will be popular in Chinese-speaking markets such as the Chinese mainland and Taiwan. Jonathan Shea, CEO of Hong Kong Domain Name Registration Company, says local companies can leverage on the Hong Kong branding effect of the ".hk" Chinese domain name."

Wot
1st December 2007, 11:43 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VBTgNz4WE5Q

"Chinese domain names will be popular in Chinese-speaking markets such as the Chinese mainland and Taiwan. Jonathan Shea, CEO of Hong Kong Domain Name Registration Company, says local companies can leverage on the Hong Kong branding effect of the ".hk" Chinese domain name."

Now if the quote had not come from the CEO of HKDNR it might have more impact, however, did have one enquiry on a top keyword .hk but scared them off with a request for offers in exces of $500 ;)

jacksonm
1st December 2007, 11:48 PM
Now if the quote had not come from the CEO of HKDNR it might have more impact, however, did have one enquiry on a top keyword .hk but scared them off with a request for offers in exces of $500 ;)

LOL, $500 seems to be about the current end-user offer for top domains.

I have some pretty good ascii.hk stuff as well as one good idn.hk. I actually took time to develop one ascii.hk english term domain and it makes pretty decent adsense revenue.

Wot
1st December 2007, 11:55 PM
LOL, $500 seems to be about the current end-user offer for top domains.

I have some pretty good ascii.hk stuff as well as one good idn.hk. I actually took time to develop one ascii.hk english term domain and it makes pretty decent adsense revenue.

I have Vacations.hk & Macao.hk , neither were good enough for the recent roadshow auctions with preference given to such as Fun888.com @ $500K :rolleyes:

zenmarketing
2nd December 2007, 12:18 AM
I have Marketing.hk in ASCII.

Not sure what my plans are for it. Probably keep holding it for a while.

Who has the IDN for Marketing.hk? I assume someone here.

rednic
2nd December 2007, 01:47 AM
I only have

物流.hk —— LOGISTICS

娛樂.hk —— Entertainment

Asiaplay
2nd December 2007, 02:42 AM
娛樂.hk - nice IDN Redic... :)

Interesting point... when I asked HKDNR if .hk names were included in the results for China (on Chinese Search Engines) - they honestly told me no they are not!!!
This of course makes the use of .hk much less useful and perhaps restricts it to the HK market only (also makes the point made by the CEO debatable for widespread use in China and Taiwan) - has anyone tested this, to see if their .hk Chinese IDNs do show up on Baidu etc.?

Cheers - Asiaplay

I only have

物流.hk —— LOGISTICS

娛樂.hk —— Entertainment

yanni
2nd December 2007, 04:09 AM
has anyone tested this, to see if their .hk Chinese IDNs do show up on Baidu etc.?

Here are the results of my IDN.hk test:

Zero traffic, meaning they don't show up anywhere :)

zenmarketing
2nd December 2007, 05:14 AM
I have Vacations.hk & Macao.hk , neither were good enough for the recent roadshow auctions with preference given to such as Fun888.com @ $500K :rolleyes:

Wot, what auctions are you referring to?

Asiaplay
2nd December 2007, 08:07 AM
Here are the results of my IDN.hk test:

Zero traffic, meaning they don't show up anywhere :)

Yanni... zero traffic and zero appearance on Search engines is different ;) lol
Especially if just packed...

Have you developed any as minisites or have them parked where you know they are being picked up by the search engines for Asia (where they are hosted at the moment)?

Cheers - Andrew

PS: mine are parked and being kept virgin clean before I use them (so no chance so far for me to test) - is why I am asking...

yanni
2nd December 2007, 08:15 AM
Andrew, I was just having fun.

Yea, they're parked and they get no traffic so I assume they haven't been picked up by SE's like others do.

I give the Honk-Kongese a couple of more years untli they figure out they even exist en masse.

I do have an Ascii.hk which gets some daily views, but very low ctr. This thread got me thinking of putting up a page with this video, some news and slap my idn.hk names on there to at least educate a few people about idn.

Wot
2nd December 2007, 08:22 AM
Wot, what auctions are you referring to?

Geo & CAC Macao.

I did sell in Geo and have 9 in CAC Macao (finishes 6th) but all ascii - they don't know what IDN's are yet. ;)

jacksonm
2nd December 2007, 09:16 AM
I got some stuff like stockquotes.hk, commodities.hk, science.hk (and all IDNs), etc. Not listing my developed site here :-)

I suppose several of them would do well with some basic development.