PDA

View Full Version : 300 million IE7 users already?!

dotworx
3rd December 2007, 09:48 AM
MS claims there are 300 million IE7 users worldwide...

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2007/11/30/the-first-year-of-ie7.aspx

blackops
3rd December 2007, 10:33 AM
MS claims there are 300 million IE7 users worldwide...

A big number, but no reason to doubt it :-) Marketshare, a leading browser stat service are currently reporting that IE7 took a big % jump in market share last month, and by the looks of it, IE7 will have the biggest % share in the next 1/2 months...

I think also that xmas and the new year will be a massive aid, in the take-up rate to IE7 :-)

jacksonm
3rd December 2007, 10:39 AM
A big number, but no reason to doubt it :-) Marketshare, a leading browser stat service are currently reporting that IE7 took a big % jump in market share last month, and by the looks of it, IE7 will have the biggest % share in the next 1/2 months...

I think also that xmas and the new year will be a massive aid, in the take-up rate to IE7 :-)

With the release of a new OS/Browser combo, Christmas should normally be a big help. Howver, I think that Vista already has a quite bad reputation and is said not to run on most commodity PCs unless you take the crippled down home edition. Many people + media are reviewing and rating Vista as the worst OS ever released by MS. And it'd be pretty damned difficult to beat Win95 in that contest.

I think that most the the IE7 upgrades in the coming year will be on top of XP. Either way, it doesn't really matter how people get upgraded.

Just my .02

markits
3rd December 2007, 10:43 AM
Well I guess most users are in USA, UK, OZ, and Canada. AU is not available to Japan, China etc yet, so does not do much help to idns.

touchring
3rd December 2007, 01:34 PM
my korean traffic's going nuts. any korean users around here? hanidn, did you see AU in action. :O

tee1
3rd December 2007, 03:29 PM
And it'd be pretty damned difficult to beat Win95 in that contest.

Win ME anyone? I was soooooooooo glad to get win 2000.

tee1

Rubber Duck
3rd December 2007, 05:44 PM
I think if you look back to the beginning of the year and all the arguments about how fast IE7 would be taken up, I think I was pretty much on the money with my projections. Funny that. Duck gets lucky again!