PDA

View Full Version : Deepfish - Microsoft Mobile Browser

Rubber Duck
8th December 2007, 08:13 PM
Just been pointed out this at DNF:

http://labs.live.com/deepfish/videos.aspx

burnsinternet
8th December 2007, 10:17 PM
They'll have to make something that is compatible with all phones unless the phone manufacturers make the switch.

Rubber Duck
8th December 2007, 10:26 PM
They'll have to make something that is compatible with all phones unless the phone manufacturers make the switch.

All phone manufacturers are going to have to offer such browsers as installed applications, one way or another. It is just going to be a turf war. It really matters not to us who wins as IE6 Mini is not in the offing. :p

burnsinternet
8th December 2007, 10:48 PM
Mine uses, basically, IE6. It is an older model 8525. I love it. I cannot wait to get the 8925. But, mobile browsing is like car radio. Better than nothing, but not as good as the home PC/notebook.

Rubber Duck
8th December 2007, 10:58 PM
Mine uses, basically, IE6. It is an older model 8525. I love it. I cannot wait to get the 8925. But, mobile browsing is like car radio. Better than nothing, but not as good as the home PC/notebook.

I would agree with that although your experience is probably somewhat tainted by IE6. However, that is the very nature of the beast. It is a compromise, but it is a compromise that many will be prepared to make due the problems of supporting mobile browsing any other way. The internet is increasingly going to be part of everyone's life and accessing it on the fly is all going to be part of the equation. Some of us may be too old to adapt or even unwilling to try. That don't mean it won't happen. Alpha nearly drove me nuts with his Blackberry nearly two years ago. Some will work out how this can give them the edge, and they will capitalise on the opportunities it brings. Me, I have just topped up my pay-as-you-go. Put a tenner on it. First time since March!

burnsinternet
8th December 2007, 11:22 PM
Personally, I cannot imagine going back to a small screen and no browser on a phone. However, I really only use it for a few favorite sites. Sports scores, weather, search (google), a work site, and Wikipedia to settle bets.

Funny, not one dot mobi in the bunch... :p

In fact, I have never seen one on my phone. Too bad Adsense and NameDrive aren't so mobile-compatible.