PDA

View Full Version : I can do .cn

59domain
16th March 2006, 11:47 AM
What is the purpose of this forum?

In case anyone is looking for help to register .cn, I can help.

rhys
16th March 2006, 05:22 PM

In case anyone is looking for help to register .cn, I can help.

That's a deep question 59domain. I'm glad you got around to asking it. I don't know.

gammascalper
16th March 2006, 05:42 PM
We can register .cn IDN through domainsite for $30-odd bucks.

Not sure if you knew that? Unless you have a much cheaper source.

59domain
17th March 2006, 01:59 AM
The price is certainly lower especially for latin .cn which is like $10

But pushing domain is a problem since transfer is not allowed between china registrar and international registrar.

And unless you read chinese, you have problem managing the domain.

Just a thought. :)

yanni
17th March 2006, 03:12 AM

I believe the purpose of this subforum is for people looking for brokers who can market their domains for them.

touchring
17th March 2006, 05:25 AM
But pushing domain is a problem since transfer is not allowed between china registrar and international registrar.

Are you sure? There are many .cn registrars in China, i do not think that all of them do not allow transfer to overseas registrars.

There are still quite a lot of good .cn still available if one bothers to find. A week ago i registered 字典.cn, an incredible name for website development.

IDNCowboy
17th March 2006, 05:31 AM
Are you sure? There are many .cn registrars in China, i do not think that all of them do not allow transfer to overseas registrars.
Its been brought up before --- I think he means that if you register a .cn domain thru a registrar within china you cannot transfer it to a registrar in the u.s. etc

touchring
17th March 2006, 05:40 AM
Its been brought up before --- I think he means that if you register a .cn domain thru a registrar within china you cannot transfer it to a registrar in the u.s. etc

I think this isn't an issue at least for people on idnf used to parsing foriegn language webpages :-D - people have used sedo.cn to add domains previously despite it being Chinese, and some of the consoles provided by large ISPs are fairly easy to use.

Besides, you can email transfer requests to large ISPs in english.

The main issue will be payment - which is often limited to wire transfer in China.

59domain
17th March 2006, 06:26 AM
The main issue will be payment - which is often limited to wire transfer in China.

Which means you will need a broker that can take paypal :cool: :rolleyes:

touchring
17th March 2006, 06:40 AM
Which means you will need a broker that can take paypal :cool: :rolleyes:

I've not seen a major isp that takes paypal. I've seen one in zhuhai that takes credit cards - but it requires a faxed photocopy of the credit card.

59domain
17th March 2006, 06:45 AM

Refer to this rule.
http://www.neustar.com.cn/faqs/index.html#operations_transfers_registrar

I have not tried it but I'm sure they mean what they say.

I've not seen a major isp that takes paypal. I've seen one in zhuhai that takes credit cards - but it requires a faxed photocopy of the credit card.

Precisely! So you will need a -> broker <-
One that takes paypal and register for you.

I can take paypal, I can pay the registrar at their office :eek: :p