PDA

View Full Version : IDN GOLD? Will IDNs get good exposure at the Summer Olympics be?

bwhhisc
11th December 2007, 03:02 PM
Ooops,, excuse the word "be" in the title...

So will this be a big "coming out" party for IDNs?
The Summer Olympics in Beijing, China will be televised around the world and advertising sponsorships are KING of the Olympics.
Advertising is blatent and everywhere, but are advertisers keen enough to be ahead of the curve and take advantage of this?
There can't be a better way to reach people than by using their own native languages and words they understand....you would think.

Anyone else have any premonitions that IDNs may get their first BIG worldwide exposure via the plastered advertising that will no doubt show up within the television coverage of the games?

touchring
11th December 2007, 03:14 PM
check with dusty. but it will have to be .cn as only it can resolve at the moment.

Rubber Duck
11th December 2007, 03:15 PM
Well if they do, it will almost certainly be IDN.ASCII.

ICANN will miss the boat for the Beijing Olympics!

bwhhisc
11th December 2007, 03:25 PM
Well if they do, it will almost certainly be IDN.ASCII.
ICANN will miss the boat for the Beijing Olympics!
The viewing audience around the would be reached by idn.com, idn.net. For China idn.cn but they are only
going to be a fraction of the sponsors there. Anyone seen a list of major sponsors yet? Wondering if any
are using IDNs currently or holding their brand names in idn yet.

dusty
11th December 2007, 06:01 PM
I will be in Beijing and toying with the idea of some sort of promotion. It will more likely be targeted at the individuals at the event. It would take a lot of luck for me to get one of my IDNs in front of the TV cameras because I don't have the funds to pay for it.

For more long term promotion I will try to set something up in WuDaoKou, Beijing.

Let me know if you will be in Beijing and want to get together.

The viewing audience around the would be reached by idn.com, idn.net. For China idn.cn but they are only
going to be a fraction of the sponsors there. Anyone seen a list of major sponsors yet? Wondering if any
are using IDNs currently or holding their brand names in idn yet.

touchring
11th December 2007, 06:25 PM
How about web viral marketing?

jacksonm
11th December 2007, 06:30 PM
I will be in Beijing and toying with the idea of some sort of promotion. It will more likely be targeted at the individuals at the event. It would take a lot of luck for me to get one of my IDNs in front of the TV cameras because I don't have the funds to pay for it.

For more long term promotion I will try to set something up in WuDaoKou, Beijing.

Let me know if you will be in Beijing and want to get together.

Passing out T-Shirts with a big IDN URL on the front and back would be the easiest way to possibly get on TV. The more people walking around with that T-shirt, the bigger chance one of them gets filmed.

dusty
11th December 2007, 06:31 PM
How about web viral marketing?
I agree that is best.
To get there content is needed and at least some sort of base.
What I aim to do in WuDaoKou, Haidian is get that base of users from the student and tech populations at Beijing Univ., Tsinghua, ect. and technology district located around Beijing Univ.

Passing out T-Shirts with a big IDN URL on the front and back would be the easiest way to possibly get on TV. The more people walking around with that T-shirt, the bigger chance one of them gets filmed.

That is an excellent plan and about the level of investment I am able to do initially.

jacksonm
11th December 2007, 06:37 PM
That is an excellent plan and about the level of investment I am able to do initially.

You get some small silkscreen shop to do you up 1000 assorted size shirts, have them packed assorted sizes per box of 50, and hire 20 girls to go around and pass them out to people who will put them on and agree to keep them on.

Should be fairly simple :-)

phio
11th December 2007, 09:23 PM
Sounds great! You missed my celebration china post. It will be a prelim to the olympics and my friend from manhattan beach is running it. I'm not sure if I'm going but the idea of promoting IDN's there would be the shot I need to get my a$$ to China.

11th December 2007, 09:58 PM
Tell them to come see me about 体育.TV (Not really for sale though)