PDA

View Full Version : Good Russian Click

Steve Clarke
18th December 2007, 01:49 AM
Had a good click the other day on a Russian entertainment related domain $3.05

A few more like this, and were in business.

US$ 3.05 1 1 % 100.00

tee1
18th December 2007, 01:56 AM
:) congrats, maybe theres more where that came from.

tee1

DomainDialect
18th December 2007, 02:17 AM

US$ 3.05 1 1 % 100.00
Nice! Congratulations.:)

burnsinternet
18th December 2007, 02:22 AM
I have been getting some good RPC on Russian in the last few months, too.

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag, Steve!

:mad:

idn
18th December 2007, 02:42 AM

US$ 3.05 1 1 % 100.00

ND?

tee1
18th December 2007, 02:45 AM
I have been getting some good RPC on Russian in the last few months, too.
Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag, Steve!
:mad:

Russian has been good to me as well, but not that good:o . I only get .10 clicks.

tee1

Steve Clarke
18th December 2007, 02:49 AM
Yes, At Namedrive......of course I've had plenty of 4 cent clicks to go with it.

2nd best this month...a Greek name $1.65 Click

burnsinternet
18th December 2007, 02:55 AM
I was just messin' with you Steve. You have too many good IDNs! I am jealous.

However, I do get some decent clicks at ND on Russian & Ukraine IDNs. Many are in the mid to high .xx and some at x.xx. Japanese and Swedish, on average, are much, much higher. Japanese is too rare, though. I can count on Swedish for good, regular CTR. Russian has such high traffic that the clicks higher than .05 is just icing on the cake.

idn
18th December 2007, 03:09 AM
I think you guys must know Ed REALLY well to be getting such clicks. :) My Russians hang out with the Romanians at Name Drive.

Steve Clarke
18th December 2007, 03:26 AM
I wish I had a few more decent Japanese domains, Gerald...but I started too late too grab the real good ones...plus I had trouble with translating them.
I've seen your name on a number of names as well, that I was going to click the Paypal button on.

I think the only reason I feel I have some pretty good domains now...is I haven't stopped regging for over 1 1/2 years now.
I've dropped more than my share of mistakes, along the way, but through it all I have started to understand the different languages...at least a little bit.

I don't know how many times I was going to stop regging and sit on what I had...but a couple days later there I was, regging more names again!

Funny thing is, I've regged some better names just recently.

I used to go to Namepros, Domainstate, DNForum every day...but now I rarely ever check them out.
Unless of course I want to sell an ascii domain to help fund IDN renewals.

I remember seeing a real funny thread last year on here entitled "You know your an IDNer when..." posted.
I remember saying to myself...YEP, Thats me!

burnsinternet
18th December 2007, 03:50 AM
OMG! You had no idea, but you just described me, Steve! I have told many a friend that I was going to stop regging. Then I find a big bunch of IDNs (old drops, fresh regs) and go regging again.

I have some excellent (lucky) domains that are, say 2 years old, but I think that I am much better at picking them out now. Too bad most good ones are already regged. If I knew then what I know now.... You'd be in big trouble, fellow IDNers.

I think you guys must know Ed REALLY well to be getting such clicks. :) My Russians hang out with the Romanians at Name Drive.

I think I went after Russian earlier than you did. Maybe that's it? You were IDNing seriously before I got into the game. My oldest IDN is circa 2004, but I didn't get serious until Jan 2006.

I started going after Russian in late 2005 and early 2006 while the rest of this forum was abuzz about Japanese. Very little else was discussed back then. Top Latin dot coms were pretty much mined. Japanese was getting stripmined. At least Russian was a legitimate place to target.

Anyway, I KNOW what your portfolio looks like and I am certainly not crying for you, Mark!

Jerry

touchring
18th December 2007, 04:24 AM
I think I went after Russian earlier than you did. Maybe that's it? You were IDNing seriously before I got into the game. My oldest IDN is circa 2004, but I didn't get serious until Jan 2006.

Wow, 2004!

burnsinternet
18th December 2007, 04:31 AM
I would trade that for some of your 2005 regs! :p

If I knew then what I know now...

touchring
18th December 2007, 04:37 AM
I would trade that for some of your 2005 regs! :p

If I knew then what I know now...

I started in 2005, but mostly after dec 2005, and by then most of the easy picks were taken by forumers that started in sept and oct 2005.

I believe one could register more good names in 15 minutes in sept 2005 than the whole year in 2007!

burnsinternet
18th December 2007, 04:44 AM
I started in 2005, but dec 2005, and by then most of the easy picks were taken by forumers that started in sept and oct 2005.

I believe one could register more good names in 15 minutes in sept 2005 than the whole year in 2007!

Agreed.

I remember seeing some that 'looked' good, but didn't make sense at the time that they would be unregistered. Coming from ascii-land, I was suspicious and assumed that they were incorrect or TMs. I still kick myself (mentally) for passing those by. I can still see them when I close my eyes! Never again! Reg first and verify later!

I was going after the wrong things in 2005. Spanish & French. Lots of late nights and fruitless searches. I was too late at the time and should have jumped to Russian much earlier. Or, Swedish, Polish, Arabic, etc. If it weren't for the early drops, I would be in much worse shape.

If I knew then what I know now....

Rubber Duck
18th December 2007, 07:49 AM
I started in 2005, but mostly after dec 2005, and by then most of the easy picks were taken by forumers that started in sept and oct 2005.

Yep, 2008 is the year the FS of IDN will emerge. The guy that is prepared to follow his dream and leverage his resources to the limit. Yep, guys that is how FS did it. He maxed out his credit card in the secondary market to get the best names. Of course he got most of his at Snapnames, but the drops game is not what it was. Most domain owners are now too savy to let good stuff drop on a regular basis. OK, he didn't plunge into a market with no traffic, but we are no longer talking about markets with no traffic!

zenmarketing
18th December 2007, 07:54 AM
I think there's room for an FS in every major language and economy.

I started in very late December, 2006. Basically my entire portfolio to date was built in 2007.

I barely bothered hand regging anything. Pretty fruitless in Chinese, from what I found.

I think you could register more good names in 15 seconds in May, 2004 than in the whole year of 2007.

There are many, many single domains registered May, 2004 that eclipse my entire porfolio in terms of value. A portfolio that took me a year and significant amounts of money to build.

In many cases, individual domainers hold dozens or hundreds of these names.

I can't imagine the wealth that is in store for them.

burnsinternet
18th December 2007, 08:11 AM
Can you imagine jumping in now? Unless you are a native speaker.....

Native speakers can pick out what non-native speakers left over and can develop sites faster. They can also sell development skills to the non-native speakers.

I still find some pretty cool unregistered IDNs from time to time. Nothing like the old days....

Funny that what I used to pass up, I now sometimes register.

jacksonm
18th December 2007, 10:09 AM
Can you imagine jumping in now? Unless you are a native speaker.....

A competent speaker is good enough, no need to be a native speaker.

touchring
18th December 2007, 10:14 AM

There will be more opportunities coming ahead, but one needs to be extremely liquid and attentive.

Rubber Duck
18th December 2007, 10:42 AM
Come on you guys! You know IDN are worthless even if they are heavily trafficked and are getting Mega Clicks.

Russian is the pits. There is not even a whiff of an aftermarket. Lets face it, who needs an investment that just gives you free money?

Much better to get some of those LL-L.mobi. They seem to be very popular!

jacksonm
18th December 2007, 11:35 AM
There is not even a whiff of an aftermarket.

Well, when you have sellers saying stuff like:

- You can't know the name I am trying to sell until you agree to buy it first
- You can't see any traffic stats until you agree to buy it first
- I want to sell you a typo name with no traffic yet for a premium price

etc...

No wonder there's no aftermarket. Can you imagine if auctions such as Moniker used the same stipulations? I think some people have been sniffing glue and then deciding to post sales threads...

I want to sell you a german car, but you can't know the make and model or see the maintenance records before we agree on a price! How about it? Come on, take a chance! Trust me :-)

Rubber Duck
18th December 2007, 11:58 AM
I entirely agree with you, but on the other side of the coin. On the other, buyers seem to want you to provide stats and prices on your entire portfolio, and even if you consent they cannot generally be arsed to even express an interest in a particular name. I don't price names in advance because it is a total waste of time, but the least you could expect after providing lists is some indication of what they might be interested in. Look at the market. Serious sellers are not coming into the open because buyers are taking the piss!

Well, when you have sellers saying stuff like:

- You can't know the name I am trying to sell until you agree to buy it first
- You can't see any traffic stats until you agree to buy it first
- I want to sell you a typo name with no traffic yet for a premium price

etc...

No wonder there's no aftermarket. Can you imagine if auctions such as Moniker used the same stipulations? I think some people have been sniffing glue and then deciding to post sales threads...

I want to sell you a german car, but you can't know the make and model or see the maintenance records before we agree on a price! How about it? Come on, take a chance! Trust me :-)

There will be more opportunities coming ahead, but one needs to be extremely liquid and attentive.

I am dreaming of a White Christmas.... Lah De Dah De Dah!

Have you actually studied the January Sales phenomenon? Yes, everything is below tick price, but it is all last years junk that has been picked over several times!

Being liquid makes sense when asset prices are falling, but IDN have been on the floor for a year or more. They is no downside! Liquidity is only of value if you spend it when the market starts to move. If you cannot feel the tremours then you are living in a bubble.

touchring
18th December 2007, 12:30 PM
No wonder there's no aftermarket. Can you imagine if auctions such as Moniker used the same stipulations? I think some people have been sniffing glue and then deciding to post sales threads....

I created the IDN aftermarket back then in X'mas 2005, you should see there was virtually no done deal on this forum or anywhere else from Sept until my jumble sale broke the silence.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/205-25-idn-com-japanese-cities-for-sale-%28ovt-%3E15k-domain%29-priced-to-sell.html

Fka200
18th December 2007, 12:33 PM
Touch, if you wanna sell anything, PM me :).*

*Edit: Payment plan might be necessary!

Rubber Duck
18th December 2007, 12:46 PM
I created the IDN aftermarket back then in X'mas 2005, you should see there was virtually no done deal on this forum or anywhere else from Sept until my jumble sale broke the silence.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/205-25-idn-com-japanese-cities-for-sale-%28ovt-%3E15k-domain%29-priced-to-sell.html

Yes, can't somebody get this guy on the list of the Top 20 Greatest Ever Domainers along side legends such as CraigNine? :confused:

Steve Clarke
18th December 2007, 01:16 PM
Would have been worth taking a mortgage out on those beauties!

alpha
18th December 2007, 01:49 PM
title bait

i read it as Good Russian Chick and then wasted precious minutes reading all this stuff about domaining

Yep, 2008 is the year the FS of IDN will emerge. The guy that is prepared to follow his dream and leverage his resources to the limit. Yep, guys that is how FS did it. He maxed out his credit card in the secondary market to get the best names. Of course he got most of his at Snapnames, but the drops game is not what it was. Most domain owners are now too savy to let good stuff drop on a regular basis. OK, he didn't plunge into a market with no traffic, but we are no longer talking about markets with no traffic!

I don't often agree with some of your IDN flag waving antics RD, but you are on the on money on this one.

Opportunity has a price attached to it.. and I will happily go down in history as the guy who wasted a few dollars on worthless xn--

.. but I could equally be rememberd for having the foresight to take a chance and jump in with both feet.

Like I said opportunity has a price, and i'm not content with coming in 4th, 3rd or 2nd place.

1st or last for me.

touchring
18th December 2007, 02:43 PM

They got in early, so it's their karma. :p After being burnt a bit by ASCII, one of the things i learnt about domaining is control envy and to be patient. Ignore the noises from the market.

18th December 2007, 03:03 PM
My highest clicks on Russian this month were:
оригинал.com US$ 1.65 - Original .com
сапоги.com US$ 1.19 - Boots .com

khurtsiya
18th December 2007, 03:35 PM
Newer have had such clicks...

261275, You are at risk with Your adult keywords on сапоги.com ;)

jacksonm
18th December 2007, 03:55 PM
Newer have had such clicks...

261275, You are at risk with Your adult keywords on сапоги.com ;)

Heh, maybe he thought it was close enough to boobs.com :-)

khurtsiya
18th December 2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah... Even if consider this is IDN :)

Heh... Can we park any IDN as adult with adult keywords? Who is checking them now? :D

burnsinternet
19th December 2007, 04:15 AM
After being burnt a bit by ASCII, one of the things i learnt about domaining is control envy and to be patient. Ignore the noises from the market.

Amen.

chrisofmel
19th December 2007, 08:08 PM
Had a $3.22 click yesterday on this russian name xn--e1agebdat2e2b.com i think means collection

touchring
19th December 2007, 08:15 PM
Had a $3.22 click yesterday on this russian name xn--e1agebdat2e2b.com i think means collection

Cool. can't access it, what keyword did u use?

chrisofmel
19th December 2007, 08:22 PM
Most my names are not optimized, this one is under music with english keywords record collection, not sure if that is the right way to do it.

khurtsiya
19th December 2007, 08:27 PM
коллекциы.com - this is not russian. In case not right russian... May be bulgarian?

Curious about such clicks on Russian names... Have many optimized. None has more than $0.10 :(

Rubber Duck
19th December 2007, 08:29 PM
I believe in getting traffic growth. I believe that the way to achieve that is by using natural keywords which will in any case have higher CTRs.

chrisofmel
19th December 2007, 08:32 PM
sorry it is xn--e1agebdat2e2d.com

touchring
19th December 2007, 08:34 PM

perhaps the trick might be to use english keywords.

Rubber Duck
19th December 2007, 08:35 PM
perhaps the trick might be to use english keywords.

You can undoubtedly get higher paying clicks that way, but is it the right way to build your traffic revenue?

khurtsiya
19th December 2007, 08:36 PM
Well, this one much better ;)