PDA

View Full Version : Korean IDN Extensions

burnsinternet
22nd December 2007, 07:13 AM
I found some decent Korean terms with .org, .info, and .biz extensions open.

Given the difficulty of finding good Korean dot coms, does anyone have experience with these extensions (development or parking)? Any hints?

touchring
22nd December 2007, 10:23 AM
I don't know about .biz and .info, but korean .net does get traffic.

My map and movie .nets gets a few views a day since traffic picked up last mth. Of cos, that's map and movie!!! :p

I don't have million ovt korea dot coms, which, for all we know, may get dozens of views a day. :o

burnsinternet
23rd December 2007, 02:02 PM
I have some Korean IDN with incredible overture, even dot com. Very very little traffic. The extension doesn't seem to make a difference at all. Info, Org, Net, Com all get traffic. Just not so much.

핸드폰게임.net is the best earner, but I have much better dot coms. 한글도메인.info and 추첨.com get just as much Asian traffic. Others get more Asian traffic (한글도메인.info, 번역기.org) but no clicks. The dot coms are getting some to no traffic. http://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/%ED%95%9C%EA%B8%80_%EB%8F%84%EB%A9%94%EC%9D%B8

touchring
23rd December 2007, 02:08 PM
I once had a korean name (generic) that got dozens of views a day for a few mths, and suddenly traffic died out. I couldn't find the reason. I should have hooked up to analytics before it died! :o

But we're in luck today, there was a recent traffic spike last mth, you will know if the traffic is type-in if traffic multipled a few times since the spike. For SE traffic, the increase will not be as great.

jacksonm
23rd December 2007, 02:10 PM
I have some Korean IDN with incredible overture, even dot com. Very very little traffic.

Korean OVT numbers are well known to be grossly incorrect for many, many terms. I haven't found this with other languages, only Korean.

Rubber Duck
23rd December 2007, 02:20 PM
I don't even generally look at Overture.

burnsinternet
23rd December 2007, 03:00 PM
Overture is an indicator, like Wordstat. It helps narrow down your search if used correctly. It also helps with translation if used correctly.

touchring
23rd December 2007, 03:10 PM
OVT is a guide for type-ins, it's not a 100% accurate guide, but works for some types of names, i.e. short names, 1 or 2 characters, very hot generics, like those of top 20 keywords.

Also, ironically, high OVT names generally get less SE traffic, so low OVT names that are indexed may get more SE traffic. This is the reason why low ovt jp and kr names generally do better today.

IDNCowboy
23rd December 2007, 03:59 PM
Korean OVT numbers are well known to be grossly incorrect for many, many terms. I haven't found this with other languages, only Korean.

Are you telling Overture their info is wrong

I found some decent Korean terms with .org, .info, and .biz extensions open.

Given the difficulty of finding good Korean dot coms, does anyone have experience with these extensions (development or parking)? Any hints?
shhh

burnsinternet
23rd December 2007, 05:07 PM
shhh

Hey, I don't think there is going to be a rush on infos and orgs. :p

Just picked up about 50 more legit Korean IDNs - mostly dot coms.

Other languages, too. Phew! Almost finished for the year.....