PDA

View Full Version : Chinese appraisal, please- 定义.net

DomainDialect
23rd December 2007, 02:35 AM
定义.net. I believe this is "Definition". Is it OK by itself? Worth holding onto? The .com is taken (obviously) and Google.cn returns 93,900,000. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

mgrohan
23rd December 2007, 03:09 AM
Yes definition is correct.

JamesZ
23rd December 2007, 03:45 AM
I do not see much commercial value. What kind of website can it be used for? Something like wikipedia to give definitions of terms and names?
I will not hold it considering it is .net.

DomainDialect
23rd December 2007, 05:40 AM
Yes definition is correct.
Thanks for your help!

I do not see much commercial value. What kind of website can it be used for? Something like wikipedia to give definitions of terms and names?
I will not hold it considering it is .net.
I'm not sure about the type of website. Is the .net really something to stay away from in Chinese? Thank you for your input.:)

mgrohan
23rd December 2007, 09:53 AM
.net is not bad for Chinese.
Also think the domain would be alright to brand a dictionary site. Probably needs to be developed though to get a decent price.

DomainDialect
23rd December 2007, 11:46 AM
.net is not bad for Chinese.
Also think the domain would be alright to brand a dictionary site. Probably needs to be developed though to get a decent price.
Thank you. Your help is appreciated.

JamesZ
23rd December 2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks for your help!

I'm not sure about the type of website. Is the .net really something to stay away from in Chinese? Thank you for your input.:)

With both CN and COM there, the need for NET is less, I would say. In US, if COM is taken, people will go for NET, and then for others. Premium names are always valuable, though.

DomainDialect
23rd December 2007, 05:01 PM
With both CN and COM there, the need for NET is less, I would say. In US, if COM is taken, people will go for NET, and then for others. Premium names are always valuable, though.
Thank you, JZ. I will probably sit on this one for a while. We'll see what happens down the road.:)