PDA

View Full Version : Namedrive under attack again?

jacksonm
27th December 2007, 07:21 PM
Responding extremely slow for me. Anybody else?

DomainDialect
27th December 2007, 08:16 PM

Last night I had issues. Has anyone else had trouble connecting to this forum lately?

tee1
27th December 2007, 08:32 PM
had trouble earlier, seems to be fine now. Chinese clicks are now at .05 instead of .02, maybe has something to do with the exchange rate adjustment. :o

tee1

jacksonm
27th December 2007, 08:48 PM
had trouble earlier, seems to be fine now. Chinese clicks are now at .05 instead of .02, maybe has something to do with the exchange rate adjustment. :o

tee1

Some of the recent "asian" clicks to my Chinese domains have been in the range of 8, 10, and 45 EURO cents after adjustment.

Arabic is the one that makes me sick, 50 clicks = 10 cents or something.

Rubber Duck
27th December 2007, 09:03 PM

Well it is all relative. Do mean slow like a tortoise or slow like a snail, or are we talking tectonic plate movements here?

jacksonm
27th December 2007, 09:05 PM
Well it is all relative. Do mean slow like a tortoise or slow like a snail, or are we talking tectonic plate movements here?

Tectonic plate movements.

But it appears to have picked up again now.

Rubber Duck
27th December 2007, 09:07 PM
I'll wake the Hare up then!

burnsinternet
27th December 2007, 10:17 PM
No problems accessing ND. This forum? Yes.

I am just happy to see my Arabic, Greek, & Japanese traffic pick up this month. Greek traffic just decided to really start this month - from very little to respectable. Arabic used to be the almost the same old thing every month - same domains getting traffic & clicks. No longer. Same with Japanese. No longer. The only thing that annoys me is that my Swedish has been slow this month and Swedish has wonderful RPC. Russian just keeps getting better and better.

For whatever reason, we may be turning the corner.

jacksonm
27th December 2007, 10:22 PM
I can't seem to monetize my arabic domains via parking, though they are great domains.

Hell, I own the correct spelling in dot com and dot net for nearly all of the top arabic football teams in the world, and they do get traffic - 1 cents a click or less. Disappointing.

burnsinternet
27th December 2007, 10:30 PM
I understand. Mine get between .00 and .11 per click. .03 average the last two months. Only my single character/letter domains do worse than that.

Fka200
27th December 2007, 10:38 PM
I can't seem to monetize my arabic domains via parking, though they are great domains.

Hell, I own the correct spelling in dot com and dot net for nearly all of the top arabic football teams in the world, and they do get traffic - 1 cents a click or less. Disappointing.

It's extremely frustrating. I've decided to just sit and wait.

burnsinternet
27th December 2007, 11:15 PM
TGFC

Thank God For Cyrillic.

jacksonm
27th December 2007, 11:17 PM
It's extremely frustrating. I've decided to just sit and wait.

What kind of strategy is that, what with your credit card maxed out and the interest at $130 a month?

burnsinternet
27th December 2007, 11:22 PM
Time for development workshops here. We could all use some advice from time to time, eh? I would love to get some ideas for Arabic site development. Japanese sites are not the same as US sites. What about Arabic? We need a thread on this!

blastfromthepast
28th December 2007, 12:47 AM
Some of the recent "asian" clicks to my Chinese domains have been in the range of 8, 10, and 45 EURO cents after adjustment.

Arabic is the one that makes me sick, 50 clicks = 10 cents or something.

How do you get EURO payout from NameDrive?

jacksonm
28th December 2007, 12:53 AM
How do you get EURO payout from NameDrive?

I suppose they pay in USD to my paypal account, but USD is worthless to me.

Under "My Account", I set my curency display to "euro".

blastfromthepast
28th December 2007, 01:03 AM
I guess the bottom line is that Google is still paying NameDrive in USD.

Clotho
28th December 2007, 02:28 AM
Namedrive seems to be working as well as usual for myself. My traffic however has been horrible today. Worst day in months I think. Other than that December is still going to be the best month to date. It beat the previous record holder (November) a few days ago.

jacksonm
28th December 2007, 09:23 AM
Other than that December is still going to be the best month to date. It beat the previous record holder (November) a few days ago.

Same here.

bwhhisc
28th December 2007, 09:31 AM
. Other than that December is still going to be the best month to date. It beat the previous record holder (November) a few days ago.

Same trend here, up 25% month to month.
Still a long way to go to cover reg fees though.

Rubber Duck
28th December 2007, 09:31 AM
Namedrive seems to be working as well as usual for myself. My traffic however has been horrible today. Worst day in months I think. Other than that December is still going to be the best month to date. It beat the previous record holder (November) a few days ago.

Biggest day yet?

Why Yesterday of course!