PDA

View Full Version : Russian translation help

domain_trader
30th December 2007, 06:58 PM
I recently picked up фотодевушки.com ("фото девушки") and was wondering if it was a proper term? Thanks.

burnsinternet
30th December 2007, 07:57 PM
I think you are looking for Фото девушек?

domain_trader
30th December 2007, 08:12 PM
Фото девушек is the plural and more popular form, but is already taken unfortunately. The singular version ("photo of girl") has a high US ovt, but is it grammatically correct?

Selldom
31st December 2007, 12:04 AM
is it grammatically correct? Yes.

domain_trader
31st December 2007, 04:48 AM
Thanks. :)

khurtsiya
31st December 2007, 05:49 AM
Фото девушек is the plural and more popular form, but is already taken unfortunately. The singular version ("photo of girl") has a high US ovt, but is it grammatically correct?
Agree with Selldom.

Where do You check US ovt?

domain_trader
31st December 2007, 08:25 AM
I use the ovt tool at IDNcheck.com, but it has been up and down lately. Alternatively, I use the one at IDNwhois.org. I think they are old stats, but useful as a guide.

khurtsiya
31st December 2007, 10:05 AM
How to use IDNcheck.com? Didn't catch...

domain_trader
31st December 2007, 06:27 PM
Here's the link to IDNwhois.org's OVT: http://www.idnwhois.org/idn_overture.php

All you do is enter the search term in the text box and hit search (US is default). If nothing happens, it usually means that the term has no overture rating.

Not sure what the value of US ovt might be for Russian terms. Probably Russian expats and students mainly using it. Yandex of course remains primary.

khurtsiya
1st January 2008, 02:23 PM
Thanks!

It do not show any ovt for popular words... Think this is not important for russian IDNs.

domain_trader
1st January 2008, 06:43 PM
The IDN overture tools are generally not working lately for some reason.