PDA

View Full Version : J-Day Minus 32 ?!

khurtsiya
11th January 2008, 09:11 PM
I saw some like this. What does this mean?

Thanks!

Rubber Duck
11th January 2008, 09:12 PM
I saw some like this. What does this mean?

Thanks!

It means you are running out of time!

tee1
11th January 2008, 09:13 PM
32 days until Automatic updates of IE7 hit Japan, I believe. Could be a big day, not getting my hope up, however anxiously awaiting. It might actually happen this time:)
and Yes I believe we are out of time.
tee1

khurtsiya
11th January 2008, 09:25 PM
Oh, I see. Thank You!

And what about J-Day for russian update?

yanni
11th January 2008, 09:28 PM
That would be R-Day and it's already happened I believe.

Rubber Duck
11th January 2008, 09:32 PM
Yes, and some of us are already feeling the benefits!

khurtsiya
11th January 2008, 09:34 PM
Yes, and some of us are already feeling the benefits!
Already?!

Poor effect here :(

yanni
11th January 2008, 09:36 PM
Already?!

Hasn't your Cyrillic traffic increased since last year?

Rubber Duck
11th January 2008, 09:37 PM
Already?!

Well enough for us to be considering pulling out of the market in the near future!

markits
11th January 2008, 09:40 PM
RD started doing this from 65ish I think.
See http://www.idnforums.com/forums/15672-j-day-minus-65-%28auction%29-a.html
xn--eckwa7r.jp インク Ink is mine. Anybody wants it for $500?

khurtsiya
11th January 2008, 09:45 PM
Hasn't your Cyrillic traffic increased since last year?
I have IDNs a year at all:)

Increased a little... Very little...

Well enough for us to be considering pulling out of the market in the near future!
So for me too. Even without big traffic. I think IDNs just have to exist - they are much simpler for local users than those ****ing translits:o

jacksonm
11th January 2008, 09:49 PM
32 days until Automatic updates of IE7 hit Japan, I believe. Could be a big day, not getting my hope up, however anxiously awaiting. It might actually happen this time:)
and Yes I believe we are out of time.
tee1

There have been IDN enabled browsers in Finland and Germany for at least a year now and 99% of the people still don't know that IDNs exist.

I was talking with a german computer engineer friend of mine today and he didn't know about IDNs - he was amazed when I showed him my german domains. He also told me that a lot of german people don't know that you can type ä into the search box of google and get correct results, so some of them search with "ae". This may be true from what I have seen. You check search stats for a german term from within germany and it's 70% searched with ä and 30% searched with ae.

khurtsiya
11th January 2008, 09:52 PM
There have been IDN enabled browsers in Finland and Germany for at least a year now and 99% of the people still don't know that IDNs exist.

I was talking with a german computer engineer friend of mine today and he didn't know about IDNs - he was amazed when I showed him my german domains. He also told me that a lot of german people don't know that you can type ä into the search box of google and get correct results, so some of them search with "ae". This may be true from what I have seen. You check search stats for a german term from within germany and it's 70% searched with ä and 30% searched with ae.

Thats bad. I think it means that IDNs will blow only when media will talk about them and big corporations will use them with official sites.

jose
11th January 2008, 10:03 PM
Don't know if it's just me, but I am seeing my Japanese IDN phoenixing.

seamo
11th January 2008, 10:04 PM
Thats bad. I think it means that IDNs will blow only when media will talk about them and big corporations will use them with official sites.
There are guys here making an excellent return already via parking and development.

The difference is when IDN's 'blow', even the guys with modest portfolio's will be going along for the ride :p

khurtsiya
11th January 2008, 10:07 PM
Jose, does fenixing means "make good" or what?

There are guys here making an excellent return already via parking and development.

The difference is when IDN's 'blow', even the guys with modest portfolio's will be going along for the ride :p
Excellent for me means at least making renewal fees. My russians do not do this yet...

jose
11th January 2008, 10:29 PM
Jose, does fenixing means "make good" or what?

Fénix (es/pt) ou phoenix (en). The bird...

"rebirth from ashes (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=rebirth+from+ashes&btnG=Google+Search)".