PDA

View Full Version : Russian appraisals needed

mgrohan
13th January 2008, 05:52 AM
Would like to get opinion on the following Russian domains. Are they correct? Worth keeping? Thanks

веб-камера.net - Web Camera
веб-кам.net - Web Cam
бесплатный-хостинг.com Free Hosting
интернет-магазины.com - Online Shopping?

khurtsiya
13th January 2008, 06:40 AM
All correct.

веб-кам is very seldom used.

интернет-магазины - internet shops

I think all eccept веб-кам is worth. But I do not like very long and with hyphen - I have only 2-5 with hyphen. imo.

mgrohan
13th January 2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks Ajiotaj. So non-hypenated joined domains would be better for 2 word Russian domains?

khurtsiya
13th January 2008, 10:07 AM
That is just my opinion. Do not know stats about this.

But from other side - hypenated domains are better readable. Especially when the words are long.

13th January 2008, 10:14 AM
интернет-магазины.com - Online Shopping?

Means Internet-Shops as noted above, i got the one without the hyphen , good domain.

Steve Clarke
13th January 2008, 09:35 PM
I have both

ВебКам.com
Веб-Камера.com

The Yandex numbers are much higher for Веб Камера, and I'm assuming the space is for the hyphen...but they both get very similiar amounts of traffic.
Hope that helps.

jacksonm
13th January 2008, 09:43 PM
I have both

ВебКам.com
Веб-Камера.com

The Yandex numbers are much higher for Веб Камера, and I'm assuming the space is for the hyphen...but they both get very similiar amounts of traffic.
Hope that helps.

Do they make any money?

I have one russian which gets a few visits a day and it earns about 3-4 cents a click. I think that it should earn much higher, but that's life with Google's transparency and all.

Steve Clarke
13th January 2008, 09:51 PM
Check here, Mike...

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/16278-gotta-love-em.html

jacksonm
13th January 2008, 09:54 PM
Check here, Mike...

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/16278-gotta-love-em.html

LOL, seems mine is doing relatively well, then!

burnsinternet
14th January 2008, 03:42 AM
I have several two word Russian IDNs with and without hyphens. My experience is that, when the word is correctly spelled with a hyphen, I get traffic to that hyphenated domain and not the other. When it is not supposed to have a hypen, I still get some traffic to the hyphenated versions. That is just my experience, but it has been very predictable with about 1 to 2 years data.