PDA

View Full Version : How to rise to the top of 165 million results for a non-keyword domain?

jacksonm
13th January 2008, 09:28 AM
Ask Heidi Klum's web team:

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=willkommen&btnG=Google-Suche&meta=

Note: "willkommen" means "welcome" in German

clipper
13th January 2008, 09:57 AM
Easy, Dude. No one ever said that domain X will put you at the top of the SERPs for X. You're WAAAAY out there if that's what you're out here for.

Can a domain name help in SEO? Probably. Will it get you to the top of the charts, though?:eek:

If it were that easy, Google would've bought us all out by now.

jacksonm
13th January 2008, 10:04 AM
Easy, Dude. No one ever said that domain X will put you at the top of the SERPs for X. You're WAAAAY out there if that's what you're out here for.

Can a domain name help in SEO? Probably. Will it get you to the top of the charts, though?:eek:

LOL, I just found this, found that it was interesting, and thought I would share it.

Carry on with being a fool :-)

Rubber Duck
13th January 2008, 10:16 AM

It won't do it for top Generics. That is why they get parked!

Dot info on some mediocre keyword and you are in business.

Too different plays on the market. But look to see which ones are flying the private jets.

domain_trader
13th January 2008, 11:47 AM
I have a domain giàu.com (wealth) that appears number one on Google for "giàu" (http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&q=%22gi%C3%A0u%22&btnG=Search&meta=) out of 2.8 million results. It's been parked for 6 months now. It needs the quotation marks, but I'm assuming that when Google can filter out non IDNs, it won't need quotation marks any more. Is this an anomaly?

thegenius1
13th January 2008, 08:35 PM
It won't do it for top Generics. That is why they get parked!

Dot info on some mediocre keyword and you are in business.

Too different plays on the market. But look to see which ones are flying the private jets.

Frank Schilling might beg to differ ?

I dont know if he dabbles in .info but mediocre keywords or highly targeted keywords as some would put it have him on one.

But then again the guy does own 100's of thousands of names.

burnsinternet
14th January 2008, 02:59 AM
Geez, guys. I think this one has something to do with the popularity of the person Heidi Klum, whoever she is. She seems to run a site selling perfume, shoes, and jewelry. She is pretty. Wiki says:

German supermodel, actress, TV presenter, fashion designer, television producer and singer. She is also the hostess of Project Runway and Germany's Next Topmodel, and is know for her modeling work with Victoria's Secret.

Fka200
14th January 2008, 03:04 AM
whoever she is.

!!!

trapezoid
15th December 2008, 04:25 PM
Wow... just, wow. http://www.image-jump.com/img/08040837089cdf46631a10aca5258e16.gif